Press Reluctor ring off and on

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Press Reluctor ring off and on

Is there anywhere in Houston that you know of that will take the rings off of the old axles and put them on the new ones for a reasonable price? Any leads or offers would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need something along the same lines. i need my driveshaft center support bearing pressed off and the new one on. i asked my friend that works at a dealer and he asked the driveline guy and he said that he does not have a press big enough and would just use a pipe (i didnt like that idea) a local trans shop said a place called ct driveshafts could do it but i have not done any more searching since then. all i know is they are located somewhere in east houston or south east houston. good luck.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I am just trying to decide whether to buy axles with them pre-installed or not.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they (Reluctor rings) are easy to change, I use 2 large screw drivers and block of wood and "healed" them off, put them in the freezer for a cople on hours and they will drop on
BE SURE and look at how the rings go before removing them , there is a bevel side to them
Johnny

or CALL g-force in pearland
1941 County Road 129
Pearland, TX 77581-6246
(281) 993-5451
Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. I will give it a shot.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
i need something along the same lines. i need my driveshaft center support bearing pressed off and the new one on. i asked my friend that works at a dealer and he asked the driveline guy and he said that he does not have a press big enough and would just use a pipe (i didnt like that idea) a local trans shop said a place called ct driveshafts could do it but i have not done any more searching since then. all i know is they are located somewhere in east houston or south east houston. good luck.
I have had terrible luck with C-T driveshafts. I currently use Randy's on the east side, much better.