LeBron
6.80%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Tired of the media trying to tell me LeBron is better than Jordan

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still say if you could bring Jordan in his prime to play with LeBron today who is obviously in his prime.Jordan all the way.His moves much better,his shot much better,his ability to be clutch much better.Let's not mention how he changed the game
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

1 Jordan
2 Kobe
3 Lebron

although talent wise the media can assume all they want, MVP's who the hell cares its all controlled by the media nowadays. Lebron needs a few rings to be compared to the likes of them.

But what about Bird, Magic, Chamberlein ? those guys were great too.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's always gonna be the next" greatest ever". Lebron probably is the new mainstream" best ever" guy. Its gonna take a few years and rings for the masses to be saying it. The game didn't start when jordan started playing. There had already been a few" best evers" and "game changers" before he came into the league.

And jordan had an awesome supporting cast around him. Lebron had garbage and took that team to the playoffs several times. Pretty ballin
Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course Lebron is nowhere near MJ level. Lebron no doubt is a great player and Top 5 for sure. But he hasnt even hit his prime yet? We have to see when his career is over where he is and if he has rings!

I will say that you can put kobes name in their with MJ. I know alot of people dont like kobe and so fourth, but the fact is kobe is a damn good player. Kobe and MJ play almost the same. The jump shots, the fadaway, Kobe even mentors on the sidelines during timeouts just like what MJ did.

People hate on Kobe, but you damn well they would definitely have kobe taking the last shot for sure.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

No one out there is able to top Jordan.It might not even ever happen
Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Jordan hands down. He was lucky enough to have one helluva team behind him too. I don't think we'll ever have another Michael Jordan.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Ross-
This statement pretty much certifies you mentally retarded.
WTF!!! What retarded about that statement?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlamoTA
Jordan did it on his own with his original team. LeBron couldnt do it in Cleveland so he had to join the likes of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and even Shaq; they all had to join other teams with other super stars. Heck, even Paul Pierce neeed to team with others to finally get a ring.
You forget about a guy named scottie pippen?

That being said, until lebron gets 1 ring it's a pretty ridiculous comparison. He has taken over a few games when it counts this postseason, jordan did it for years.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by black widow g8gt
i think i have a pretty good understanding of the game also i played Division 1 as well as over seas in istanbul turkey. lebron was just blessed with a body that is practically unstoppable and sir please do not ever put tim duncan in this category.
Different positions, but Duncan definitely deserves a spot at the table being the greatest 4 to ever play.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Launching!

consider this as well, michael was in the playoffs back in like 96 or so right before he left chicago and he had a fever of around 103 and still dropped 60 points. ive never seen a clutch player like him and ive watched lebron since he came into the league and ive seen kobe play many times. top three mike, kobe, lebron. dirk can be in this discussion as well a lot of his numbers are better than lebrons this postseason.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black widow g8gt
yall talk about jordan did it on his own do people not remember the team he had? wtf is lebron supposed to do when his owner will not bring talent to him? would u stay at a job where u are getting paid minimum wage when u can get paid a lot more? nope. if the cards are not in your favor throw them away and get a new hand. incase yall do not remeber cleveland was in very last place got a first round pick got lebron and went to the play offs. hmmmm weird huh? yes jordan was the **** in his era but if u put them one on one i would have to say lebron would jus bully his ***. the athletes these days are way stronger bigger and faster its a totally diff game. and as far as the shoes go lol like that has anything to do with the player jordans are much nicer.
Lebron took a paycut to go to Miami. Nice try though.....

Jordan had a great supporting team. Underated because his greatness overshadowed it.

Now statistical wise, whose numbers are going to be better? The guy that plays for a well balaced, defensive minded basketball team (Da Bulls).... Or the one man show on a pretty bad team (Cavaliers).

One on one I think MJ is a much better shooter and Lebron is bigger and stronger. Who knows. But who cares about 1 on 1 anyways??? Nobody does that anymore
Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Teching In

How can Lebron be the best ever? lebron is not even the best player on the heat.

I don't recall Michael Jordan ever quitting on his team in the playoffs...
Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 8urls1
I still say if you could bring Jordan in his prime to play with LeBron today who is obviously in his prime.Jordan all the way.His moves much better,his shot much better,his ability to be clutch much better.Let's not mention how he changed the game
Not even close.

Jordan changed the marketability of the game, not the game itself. Looks like the media got to you too

Jordan also was NOT the #1 high school recruit in the nation who had a camera in his face at every turn.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Launching!

1. MJ
2. KB
3. ??

Lebron hasn't played long enough to be in this discussion. Barring injury &/or some stupid off court drama, he'll be in the hall of fame one day for sure. He is a very talented player, but he reminds me more of Magic Johnson than Jordan.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ws6toto
How can Lebron be the best ever? lebron is not even the best player on the heat.

I don't recall Michael Jordan ever quitting on his team in the playoffs...
Just a bunch of Lebron Haters...its a shame.
Game 2 he had 24pts, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks and held paul pierce to 14 pts.

Game 4 he had 22pts, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and 1 block...also held Pierce to 9 pts.

Game 5 was horrible he scored 15 pts on 3-14 shooting.

Game 6 ( clinching loss) he had 27 pts, 19 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals and a block....he quit by scoring a triple double? You gotta be shitting me.

Jordan never won it by himself, Kobe never won it by himself....no one won it by themselves. Hell Kobe demanded a trade the year after Shaq left because he had no help....so they got him Gasol. Dont let your hate get the best of you. Is Lebron better than Mike? Not yet, but he is a better distributor of the ball, and he is better defensively now. Jordan was 28 when he won his first title...Lebron is only 26...give it time Haters!!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Adam1982
Game 2 he had 24pts, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks and held paul pierce to 14 pts.

Game 4 he had 22pts, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and 1 block...also held Pierce to 9 pts.

Game 6 ( clinching loss) he had 27 pts, 19 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals and a block....he quit by scoring a triple double? You gotta be shitting me.

Jordan never won it by himself, Kobe never won it by himself....no one won it by themselves. Hell Kobe demanded a trade the year after Shaq left because he had no help....so they got him Gasol. Dont let your hate get the best of you. Is Lebron better than Mike? Not yet, but he is a better distributor of the ball, and he is better defensively now. Jordan was 28 when he won his first title...Lebron is only 26...give it time Haters!!
MJ went to college boss
Old 05-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Adam1982

Jordan is the best player I have ever seen. He could and did by himself beat the Knicks and others during his prime. Jordan also was good at defense as well. Lebron is good but he is not running the show night after night. With the 3 in Miami they shine in different nights. Jordan did that most every night.

Jordan spent 4 years in college. Lebron didn't.
Jordan spent 1 season in baseball and didn't even play basketball that year.
He returns, and they win another championship.
Add those 5 additional years and we'd probably be talking about 8 or 9 championships.

Jordan didn't have to leave Chicago to find enough talent to push himself into a Championship caliber team.

M.J. has something LeBron never will....CLASS.

Last edited by ws6toto; 05-28-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowredz
Mj went to college boss
opportunity costs

how do they work?
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ws6toto
M.J. has something LeBron never will....CLASS.
Your post lost all credibility right here
Old 05-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
Not even close.

Jordan changed the marketability of the game, not the game itself. Looks like the media got to you too

Jordan also was NOT the #1 high school recruit in the nation who had a camera in his face at every turn.
Who gives a s hit about being the #1 high school recruit, we are talking about the NBA level not high school. Lebron is a great player but at this point in his career it's stupid to compare him to MJ, there is no comparison. Kobe is on the backend of his career but he is considered by most to be a greater player than lebron. Now when/if lebron gets a couple rings a better argument can be made for him. At this point its foolish to think he's better than MJ or Kobe.

Quick Reply: Tired of the media trying to tell me LeBron is better than Jordan