6.80%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Tired of the media trying to tell me LeBron is better than Jordan

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deerhunter-Z28
Maybe I'm not making my point clearly enough for the retards here. My point is that MJ and pippen needed each other to win titles. Maybe you tards don't remember MJ never won anything by himself either. It wasn't until he had pippen, phil jackson and the rest of his supporting cast that the bulls started winning. So like I have said over and over 20 different ways, they needed each other.
The only retard here is just you

Michael Jordan did just fine without Scottie Pippen as a teammate.He won titles (NCAA & Olympic Gold)

These are TITLES without Pippen.

1982 NCAA Champion:
Michael Jordan hit the game winning shot.

1984 Olympic Gold Medal:
This when it was alot tougher. Way before they started assembling Dream Teams.
without NBA players on the roster (they weren't still allowed to compete in the Olympics), Jordan led the U.S. team in scoring.

Last edited by ws6toto; 05-31-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ws6toto
The only retard here is just you

Michael Jordan did just fine without Scottie Pippen as a teammate.He won titles (NCAA & Olympic Gold)

These are TITLES without Pippen.

1982 NCAA Champion:
Michael Jordan hit the game winning shot.

1984 Olympic Gold Medal:
This when it was alot tougher. Way before they started assembling Dream Teams.
without NBA players on the roster (they weren't still allowed to compete in the Olympics), Jordan led the U.S. team in scoring.
LMAO, gotta be kidding me.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

It's hard to defend against Lebron when a foul is called if you breath on him.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

If it doesnt involve a gas petal then I dont consider it a sport worth arguing about!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Colemann
If it doesnt involve a gas petal then I dont consider it a sport worth arguing about!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
The only player closest to Jordan is Kobe--period.
Michael Jordan stuck it out with the Bulls and refused to admit defeat, LeBron James essentially told us that he was sick of waiting and was moving on because it was too hard to do what Michael had done. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, he lost any hope of ever taking the torch from Michael Jordan as the best to ever play the game…no matter what he accomplishes with the Heat.

Just think if Jordan had left Chicago to join Sir Charles in Phoenix, Patrick Ewing in New York, or Magic Johnson in L.A. Would he be held in the same high regard that he is today? Would he still stand as the benchmark for success in basketball? Would he still be considered the greatest to ever play the game? I don’t think so.

Michael Jordan became the inspiring player that he is because the Bulls were HIS team, and he did whatever needed to be done in order to turn them into a winner. And now, his stats, his accomplishments, his awards and everything he has done for the game of basketball as a player, all stand as a testament to Michael Jordan’s claim to the head of the NBA monarchy.

Even if LeBron wins six championships (or more), even if he averages a triple double for every season for the rest of his career, and wins the MVP award five more times, LeBron has lost the hearts of the fans…and without that support, he will forever live in the shadow of Michael Jordan.

Last edited by 427LS7HCI; 06-01-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks to this thread I didnt set my alarm for work this morning for work!

but I wont get into it just make it plain and simple

+1 for Jordan being the best
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowredz
Lebron took a paycut to go to Miami. Nice try though.....

Jordan had a great supporting team. Underated because his greatness overshadowed it.

Now statistical wise, whose numbers are going to be better? The guy that plays for a well balaced, defensive minded basketball team (Da Bulls).... Or the one man show on a pretty bad team (Cavaliers).

One on one I think MJ is a much better shooter and Lebron is bigger and stronger. Who knows. But who cares about 1 on 1 anyways??? Nobody does that anymore
You realize that statistically lebron has an edge in a decent amount of areas right? The one man show averaged more assist and rebounds; on a one man team. Lebron made his teamates better....if you disagree, please tell me the best player Lebron played with with the cavs?

Originally Posted by LCTA
Jordan played at a time when players/teams played real defense (Pistons, Lakers, Knicks, etc).......now, what are there, like 3 or 4 teams known for there decent D now? The refs didn't call all these lame *** fouls like they do know for LeTravel James and the rest of the league...........Jordan played when players were allowed to play............now, players play protected by the refs........thats why I really don't give it the attention I used to.
Jordan got away with a TON of things that should have been called, but because he was MJ they werent called

You can say what you want to say about him leaving....the big trade the cavs made for Lebron was for Antoine Jamison....passed his prime. Give me a break. Jordan had one of the best defenders/rebounders on his team, one of the best shooters in nba history, one of the best (at the time) european players in the world, and another greatest 50 player by his side....again, please let us know Lebrons strongest teamates.

Lebron has no class? This is based on what? Keep in mind Jordan flew in his old high school coach that didnt put him on varsity for his hall of fame speech to pretty much say.... you screwed up huh

As of right now....who has the greater legacy? Sure jordan does....who is the better all around basketball player when you look at it objectively? Lebron has to be discussed.

And for people who say Kobe bryant? Are you kidding me? When shaq left and he couldnt take his team anywhere he started throwing people under the bus and demanded a trade; people claim that he is the one you want taking the last shot....statistically he is not that great.

And in closing; without looking it up...name the starting 5 for the cavs the year that Lebron took them to the finals. Sure they got swept by the spurs, but when jordan and kobe had similar skill around them (as lebron did that year) what did they do?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Also would like to look at the records the first year without their main player

The bulls were 55-27 (only two more losses than the year they had mj)

The Cavs went 19 and 63 (only 42 more losses than the previous year)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Olajuwon was better than Shaq was. I'm just saying.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Olajuwon was better than Shaq was. I'm just saying.
Cosign.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Jordan would've closed that game. LeBron needs to LeLearn how to LeLead.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ws6toto
Jordan would've closed that game. LeBron needs to LeLearn how to LeLead.
LeLulz
Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
You realize that statistically lebron has an edge in a decent amount of areas right? The one man show averaged more assist and rebounds; on a one man team. Lebron made his teamates better....if you disagree, please tell me the best player Lebron played with with the cavs?

Jordan got away with a TON of things that should have been called, but because he was MJ they werent called

You can say what you want to say about him leaving....the big trade the cavs made for Lebron was for Antoine Jamison....passed his prime. Give me a break. Jordan had one of the best defenders/rebounders on his team, one of the best shooters in nba history, one of the best (at the time) european players in the world, and another greatest 50 player by his side....again, please let us know Lebrons strongest teamates.

Lebron has no class? This is based on what? Keep in mind Jordan flew in his old high school coach that didnt put him on varsity for his hall of fame speech to pretty much say.... you screwed up huh

As of right now....who has the greater legacy? Sure jordan does....who is the better all around basketball player when you look at it objectively? Lebron has to be discussed.

And for people who say Kobe bryant? Are you kidding me? When shaq left and he couldnt take his team anywhere he started throwing people under the bus and demanded a trade; people claim that he is the one you want taking the last shot....statistically he is not that great.

And in closing; without looking it up...name the starting 5 for the cavs the year that Lebron took them to the finals. Sure they got swept by the spurs, but when jordan and kobe had similar skill around them (as lebron did that year) what did they do?

Daniel Gibson, LeBron James, Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Llgauskas and Sasha Pavlovic.

Jordan never let his team get swept in any playoff series. This just goes to show how GREAT he was. MJ the G.O.A.T. PERIOD!

Last edited by 427LS7HCI; 06-03-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Agreed, I am not sure why Lebron is scared to finish games? He is definitely a top 5 player and he keeps passing up on chances to show greatness..

Alot of people give Lebron **** for ditching Cleveland..****, those dumbasses had 7 years to get Lebron solid players and the best they could do is Antwaan Jamison? WTF!!!

Derrick Rose is in the same situation as Lebron was in cleveland. He needs help bad.

Same thing for D-Wade, he couldnt get passed the first round. He needed help also.

I cant remember a team sport where a single player wins a championship without help.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Colemann
Let me guess...you were a looser at the spelling bee competitions too, right?

Last edited by chaman; 06-03-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

^^^lmao.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by spritle
lelulz :d
This
Old 06-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chaman
Let me guess...you were a looser at the spelling bee competitions too, right?
Irony...
Old 06-03-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spritle
Irony...
Sarcasm....

Quick Reply: Tired of the media trying to tell me LeBron is better than Jordan