Anyway to tell a GSXR 600 motor from a 750?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get this!! I promise you can still do "stupid ****" on a stretched busa!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by v8sten
as you can see in the pics i like cornering too
Yeah that's one of the first things I noticed, most sport bikes have full tread on the shoulders and and big flat spot in the center

Here are some more bikes i frequently rode

2001 Busa
1396cc Stroker
238mph top end

2003 GSXR 1000
Full bolt on
Yoshi Stage 1 cams
It could keep up with the Busa

Man those are nice bikes, I would have liked to have ridden the 1k with Yosh cams.. that had to be a blast

Originally Posted by Powerhouse
Why exactly would you need to move up to a 1000+ on the street? Only reason is if you wanted to just go fast in a straight line. No way you run a 600-750 to it's limits on the streets.
Acceleration junkie.... No late model sport bike can be pushed to its capabilities on the streets in all areas, except acceleration, and when you love the power for that straight line blast, the only thing that can give it to you is a big motor bike. I know what you mean, I bought two 600's in a row because I liked them so much.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ballerado

Get this!! I promise you can still do "stupid ****" on a stretched busa!
Oh no doubt you can get stupid on it..

Damn that's a good looking bike man, is that yours?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Yep, she's all mine!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:21 AM
9 Second Club

yah that 03' 1K was real fun to ride, i surprised a lot of bikes with that one (ZX14R and Busa's mainly). I remember one time me and a friend of mine (he was on the Busa) were riding on I-10 in Cali and i dropped it in 2nd at 80mph, let the clutch out and rolled into the throttle and went through all of the gears then let off. when we got to Hooter's he told me "do you know you were power wheeling the whole time?" I said "yah of coarse I was." then he said "you were boiling the rear tire the whole time and you left about a mile long mark on I-10." I said " I thought it felt a little loose back there." ahh good times.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ballerado
Yep, she's all mine!
Damn good lookin bike man

yah that 03' 1K was real fun to ride, i surprised a lot of bikes with that one (ZX14R and Busa's mainly). I remember one time me and a friend of mine (he was on the Busa) were riding on I-10 in Cali and i dropped it in 2nd at 80mph, let the clutch out and rolled into the throttle and went through all of the gears then let off. when we got to Hooter's he told me "do you know you were power wheeling the whole time?" I said "yah of coarse I was." then he said "you were boiling the rear tire the whole time and you left about a mile long mark on I-10." I said " I thought it felt a little loose back there." ahh good times.
Holy ****, that's my kind of retarded, we was, I don't know if I still have the brass ***** I did a couple years ago, I have calmed down a bit, well some haha.

I think I just need a sportbike for the weekend to help get this itch out! Im going to look at a CR250 tomorrow, maybe that will help until I settle on a street bike.

Quick Reply: Anyway to tell a GSXR 600 motor from a 750?