Forged LS3 Twin PT66 Trans Am Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I agree with you Mike these little kid retards need to go take their arguement somewhere else. Start your own thread if you want to talk about rods, otherwise GTFO of here.
Wait, you can't even spell argument and you're calling people retards? How funny.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow..... well westtexasbuff i hope you keep committed to the build. i'd would offer you my help but your car is the devil. good luck bro
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I had alot of respect for you and your build, but that is fading fast with the bickering and keyboard jockeying. Lets try to keep this thread about Westtexasbuff's turbo build not anything else. I don't want to see a good thread like this get locked because of you.

What? respect? Who is bickering?

They guy said his eagle rods failed basicly insulting westtexasbuff's choice on parts to later say that is piston smacked the head. And Im the bad guy here?

Im not insulting anyone here!!!

Westtexasbuff bad *** build!! sorry people are coming in trying to steal you thunder...
Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got some of the front suspension done... Shortblock should be done hopefully in the next few weeks.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

looking real good. good luck on the build. where are you mounting the turbos? we put mine on top behind the headlight area. what radiator/fan cooling system are you using? i am using the stock one we just moved it foward
Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't really read through it but are you building the whole turbo kit yourself?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Gorgeous... absolutely gorgeous
Old 06-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jeremym
looking real good. good luck on the build. where are you mounting the turbos? we put mine on top behind the headlight area. what radiator/fan cooling system are you using? i am using the stock one we just moved it foward
You running AC on your setup?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeremym
Plan on mounting the turbos in the same location as the 417 motorsports kits. Relocated and deleted a bunch of things to have more than enough room. Will be running an AFCO radiator, not sure what fans yet. Do you have a build thread for your car? I would like to see it

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Haven't really read through it but are you building the whole turbo kit yourself?
No, Jon @ DB Rods will be fabbing the kit. Same shop that's fabbing this kit, and same shop who built the worlds fastest TBSS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjWwHPHxfi0

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Gorgeous... absolutely gorgeous
Thank you sir
Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of matching Rear AFCO's DA for sale to match your fronts sir! Brand new never mounted and I am in SA. Goodluck with your build. Your beast is going to fly!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boss79z
I have a set of matching Rear AFCO's DA for sale to match your fronts sir!
I know lol, I bookmarked the for sale thread. Bank's kinda hurting right now though, just bought the Fikses, and am about to order cam and morel lifters to finish the longblock. If in a few weeks you still have them, I can meet you half way and pick them up from you.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha...Yea no problem if they are still around. Your build is going to be out of control man. I am going turbo also, that is why the shocks are for sale. Hopefully when we can get a couple of these San Antonio cars done, we can plan a trip up your way!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Banned

giggity

haha...Yea no problem if they are still around. Your build is going to be out of control man. I am going turbo also, that is why the shocks are for sale. Hopefully when we can get a couple of these San Antonio cars done, we can plan a trip up your way!
Hell yeah man, some of the lethal crew came down a few weekends ago, had some good runs.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Best shield all that piping/turbo's/plug wires under that hood as it can get really hot.

Changing the plugs would be tough unless your under the car.

Nice build and parts!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXMaro
Ah, the name calling has reversed... But I guess it's ok if you do it, huh? And every part has a limit... but I don't know in what world the oiling system or tune causes rods to stretch, soooo yeah, brilliant argument.

And I too applogize west, I'm not hating... I think its going to be a nice build and I love the car. I'd just hate to see it fail over something that could be easily avoided.

LME just did the machine work and shortblock assembly/cam degree. Parts were provided by me, all brand new, and I put together the rest of the motor and installed myself.

I didn't talk to Eagle, because there was no point honestly. All they would say is the motor was over-reved or something along those lines and I can't prove otherwise. I know it wasn't and leason learned, is all there is to it.

And unless you have L19s, you're over the rated power of an Eagle rod anyway... L19s?
No **** talking here to ur comments, but.. I have made 660 on motor in my build so far with no issues with the eagle Rod's and 2000's.. Another 461lsx at 710hp.. And my good buddy Garrett making well over 1100 at the tires with Eagle & 2000's and countless other customer's... U dont think u had a fluke or something, with machine work, or something? i mean everyone is human and mistakes can be made? Not necesarily meaning u... I had another customer that Broke a Dragonslayer crank in a 408 that ran roughly 10.20's on motor with the nitrous tune in it with no spray yet and broke the crank.. And Callies wouldnt do anything about it.. But i still think they have some nice pieces.. I mean things can happen ya know?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

And not trying to stir anything up, but just kinda curious.. Plus, i know it sucks for Buff when he is excited about his build and worries start getting thrown into the picture.. Like i said as well, I know u have Knowledge and arent like most people on the forum's..
Old 06-18-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

What did dem bad boys set u back. Bmf wheels
Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bad *** build and sick wheels, I love them..The turbo placement is going to look sick..x2 on the heat shielding...
lol at all the "I would do it this way" guys..then do it!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 AM
9 Second Club

Hopefully when we can get a couple of these San Antonio cars done, we can plan a trip up your way!
What cars do you have coming? Maybe we can meet up a and line them up on the way to austin **** looks good baller! Get it finished up! I know Im trying like hell to finish mine up!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by n20kid
worries start getting thrown into the picture..
I'm not worried... the rods are the last thing I'm worried about in a well built motor. If anything, the heads will lift before a rod gives imo.

Quick Reply: Forged LS3 Twin PT66 Trans Am Build