Detail, my new vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detail, my new vette

Ok so friday night i traded my 97 grand prix GTP with 158k miles on it for a 84 Corvette. I got the vette + a little cash because the paint condition was not as good as i had hoped.

So i know theres lots of crossfire haters, but lets remember its a SBC and i have many options for better EFI. So it will stay crossfire for now, but down the line i plan on getting a better EFI setup, and a small supercharger for it.

This vette has 143k miles on it, it is 100% stock. It drives really good for age. the previous owner had it for 7 years and had a hard time letting it go.

But everything works, theres a few little issues here and there and i just love it, its so much fun to drive it even though its so slow. I think once i do a few little mods to the current crossfire setup, and put some nice wheels on it.. it will be perfect.

So anyhow, first thing i did today was get into the detailing, The car has had some paint work and it its not the best work the worst of it is on the drivers door. I spint a good few hours buffing but it was so hot outside I didnt stay at it as long as I would have liked.

Soo heres the before and after pictures, I used me 3M perfect it compound and swirl remover and followed it up with the black box it from turtle.

Before..

Sorry no middle pictures But this is done (for today)

Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Not a bad lookin c4,I've never had a cross-fire but I changed my tpi set-up off my 3rd gen to the holley stealth ram and picked up over .5 sec thru the 1/8mile.good job on the buff as well!!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you used a buffer try the new formula on the 3m their ultrafina polish will take out all those micro scratches. looks good
Old 06-19-2011, 12:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the concept of cross fire, I just think the technology to make some thing like that really work was not there in the late 70s when it designed, seeing as it came out in '82. On a custom intake with twin fast 4bbl TBs, be a pretty cool set up.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 6']['9
if you used a buffer try the new formula on the 3m their ultrafina polish will take out all those micro scratches. looks good
Ill check it out when i need a new bottle of compound, its expensive lol. I removed alot of little scratches and swirls but i could do better, it was just too hot outside to keep at it.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Great looking C4 there ! I am definitely a fan of the C4's. Also, '84 = emissions exempt !!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Edit the title...

should say, my "old" vette