Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad, quit hijacking my drama with your drama. I was on a good roll dammit
Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Chad, quit hijacking my drama with your drama. I was on a good roll dammit
My Bad, I will start some on your site too...

Back on Topic...
Old 06-21-2011, 08:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Glad to hear Chris is okay! That is what matters.

Tony
Yep, the prescription for a little soreness is new car smell and planning out a new build
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
My Bad, I will start some **** on your site too...
fixed it for you.

LOL!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mlee
Total BS right there... no one got banned.. When you come in posting exactly like you're posting here... WTF are we supposed to do leave it all there, talk about a dumb *** trying to get his point accross. I refer people to a lot of shops based on where they live and what they need done. I'll shoot you a thread over on H-Town where I referred G-Force in the middle of everyone else saying ARD. Referred someone else to LMR last week for a gear swap. This was a horrible accident and we've been modding these cars for a couple years now with zero issues. You guys follow it and you know it. But you're still waiting to pounce on anything bad you hear. Others are right, it was bound to happen as we start pushing into 600+ range no matter what shop. I got to 610 and backed off it after my last race in Phoenix... I was at LMP, but you didn't see my car there, so don't think this incident has changed my views any, it just confirms I was pushing a limit I didn't feel comfortable pushing.

Randy you know better... they need our money... we don't need theirs, the same as any business. I'm sure we'll get a chance to discuss later.

one of your admins banned me and deleted my post then i was not even bashing them i was just trying to share my experience with these crooks and i basically got kicked in the nuts for trying to help yall out.

And by the way LMR is literally 5 min from A.R.D. i think the extra 5 min is definitely worth not having you car blow up.....
Old 06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I never realized there was so much ARD hate on LS1Tech. Honestly, I've not really read much about them, good or bad, in the last decade here. Besides, you can't blame the shop when the customer is who wanted to push that much power through a stock longblock. Kabooms happen, regardless of shop. If some of you are just using this as an opportunity to bash ARD, then grow the hell up. Those complaining about being banned on other sites, your posts are pretty evident of how you probably acted over there. Just sayin'
Old 06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

I need a pie chart
Old 06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Htownracing circa 2003/2004 was good.
oh the good ol days
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Launching!

I never realized there was so much ARD hate on LS1Tech. Honestly, I've not really read much about them, good or bad, in the last decade here. Besides, you can't blame the shop when the customer is who wanted to push that much power through a stock longblock. Kabooms happen, regardless of shop. If some of you are just using this as an opportunity to bash ARD, then grow the hell up. Those complaining about being banned on other sites, your posts are pretty evident of how you probably acted over there. Just sayin'
I'm not using it as an opportunity for anything. If this was an isolated incident, then yes I would understand your line of thinking. If you're not aware of the situation with ARD like you say, then I know you're a smart enough guy to do your own research into what we're saying and make your own assessment. This many people aren't likely to be wrong Tony. I know you're close with Gray and Tyler, just ask them if you want to. I'm having a really hard time believing that you're that much in the dark with the situation with ARD. Now I'm just sayin'....
Old 06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Launching!

And I was never banned anywhere. Not for talking about ARD anyway
Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

As pointed out in previous posts, when you combine GREED with lack of knowledge, your motor goes boom.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

A good shop would advise you on your choices and try and protect your investment for you. Now I don't know if ARD had told him he is on the edge with what he is doing, pushing him to crank the boost, or just doing what he wanted, but if I took my car to a shop I would want them to show interest in my project and help me make the right choices on my investment. Again thats just a personal thing I have and have no idea what Chris and ARD had planned or how there business was going down. Personally I do all my own work so if I blow something up one of these days it will be my own fault/problem.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Launching!

The basic point of it all is really not just focused on this wreck. What everybody is really getting at is that at EVERY Midnight 1320, ARD either blows a motor, catches on fire, or wrecks in spectacular fashion. Their cars almost never make it all the way down the track, and YES that does include MINE when ARD was working on it and I brought it out to Sealy with ARD for an event and Owen had the nitrous and tune ALL fucked up. I got real lucky and didn't blow my motor that day. It never fails with them
Old 06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Yep, the prescription for a little soreness is new car smell and planning out a new build
Exactly...

I know when I started my build I was thinking mid 500's, would be just perfect, but after seeing so many of these LS3's go deep into the 600's with a ton of track time under their belts I started to get greedy too, especially when you have healthy competition among friends...
Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Exactly...

I know when I started my build I was thinking mid 500's, would be just perfect, but after seeing so many of these LS3's go deep into the 600's with a ton of track time under their belts I started to get greedy too, especially when you have healthy competition among friends...
Many are in the 700-800 range with lots of track time and 1 mile runs.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exactly...

It's all in your Tune and Combo. A poor tuner it could blow it up at 400rwhp and a good tuner could make it last at 600/700rwhp...
Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Exactly...

It starts at first seeming like a chore, man gotta buy a new car, then it turns in well I would like to do this different, and this would be nicer, before you know it the viscous circle continues. I am glad the owner of that car went to the Dr, not some thing worth risking even if you feel fine.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the driver was ok from this incident...
Old 06-22-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Good thing the driver is ok, the car can be replaced. I'd suggest building a block that can handle that power first instead of just throwing boost at a stock block than barely handle a cam in some instances . . . and maybe a better shop to look out for your safety instead of your wallet, my .02
Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm... Curious what Esurance will say.