In-N-Out Burger fans “Dallas”

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Five Guys is good IMO, but expensive. The fries are great and they give you enough to cause a heart attack. We also have Mighty Fine here in Austin and it's pretty good too.

There's also Elevation Burger for the Austin hippies/hipsters. It's free range, no hormone beef, and the fries are fried in olive oil. Makes these liberals feel better about eating there.

I'll chow on Whataburger too when I'd rather save a couple bucks.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

five guys is good but greasy and yea their burgers are made on smaller buns they are however pretty good if you order it the right way, and their cajun fries are off the chain and like said before they give you enough for a heart attack they are a little high i think fudruckers still has damn good burgers and you can dress them like you want.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

5 guys is pretty good. you should try it. however, im still a griff's fan
Old 06-23-2011, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
5 guys is pretty good. you should try it. however, im still a griff's fan
Hell yeah with Griff's I was raised on this!!!

You have a +1 in my book for this comment.

Griff’s beats Whataburger anyday of the week.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Most over rated burger ever... Whataburger kicks the crap out of it as does Five Guys
No way, you're smoking some seriously strong stuff. lol.

The thing about INO is the freshness of the food. Compared to all other "fast food" it's much better quality food. They never build stores further than 500 miles away from a distribution center. They get their meat and veggies local (fresh organic)to their centers to insure freshness. They bake all of their own bread as well. You will not get that from any other fast food place.

Whataburger is ok, it's nothing more than a track burger really and it's loaded with salt which is how they keep their meat to last longer.

If you go to the one in Frisco, the lines die down quite abit after the dinner rush and they are open until 1am. Give it an honest try if you haven't. Don't compare it to gourmet burgers like Red Robin, Twisted Root or something like that. Keep in mind it's a "fast food" burger. When it comes to quality ingreditents, it's a step above the rest.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Red Robin is garbage! Fudruckers blow that crap away. Since no one has mentioned snuffers I'll go ahead and say they suck as well but sure do have cold beer!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kimura
Give it an honest try if you haven't.
I tried it in San Francisco a few years back so my opinion was based on personal experience
Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Well I just tried 5 guys burgers today due to reading this thread. I must say it is really good. I think it is better than Whataburger. Sorry fellow Texans. The cajun fries are really good. I'll have to try In-n-out one day.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Everyone just save your$ and head up to Mr Frosty's in Denton. Always great service and awesome food!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
Everyone just save your$ and head up to Mr Frosty's in Denton. Always great service and awesome food!
hell yeah. keep meaning to go there more often but my girl and i are huge chicken express fans so thats what we usually do if we eat out
Old 06-24-2011, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

In-And-Out is such a let down, yeah they have pretty good burgers but they are not HOLY **** AMAZING like everyone from the west coast claims. Then again most ppl from california think their better than the rest of the world so what do you expect? Also the lines are WAY to long
Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

If they get an In and Out in the Houston area I'll probably try it just to say I have. I like 5 guys burgers and now theres one in Pearland!!

Oh they're also building a Carls Jr. in Pearland too. Never eaten at one of those, but my girl did when she lived in Cali and said they were ok, so I'll probably try them also.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

i like carls jr . tastes alot like burger king but better imo
Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

Hmmm, I don't really like Burger King. I only like their chicken sandwich and their onion rings.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

hell yeah. keep meaning to go there more often but my girl and i are huge chicken express fans so thats what we usually do if we eat out
Chicken E tenders are badass!! Even cold out of the fridge!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
I've taken my family their they have great food... Only thing for us is it's a 65+ mile drive for us to go... Pat you need to build another one lol close to me

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
If they get an In and Out in the Houston area I'll probably try it just to say I have. I like 5 guys burgers and now theres one in Pearland!!

Oh they're also building a Carls Jr. in Pearland too. Never eaten at one of those, but my girl did when she lived in Cali and said they were ok, so I'll probably try them also.
Carls Jr. has good food. I like the breakfast a lot.

lol I have heard this so many times .

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Hmmm, I don't really like Burger King. I only like their chicken sandwich and their onion rings.
It's good you should try it. I'm not saying it's the best but good food for the price.

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Chicken E tenders are badass!! Even cold out of the fridge!
My little girl does this all the time lol
Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry guys, In-N-Out ***** on Whataburger all day..

Being from Cali and living in San Antonio for 7 years, i will honestly say its not even a contest.

Sure to westcoast people In-N-Out is amazing..which it is. Your talking about only 3 burgers on the menu. Hamburger, Cheeseburger, and a Double Double.. Thats it..There is a reason why the lines are long. The freshness of your food. The fact that the employees are clean and presentable not a dirtbag trashy person, or where they just slap your food in 2 min. INO is one of the few places that actually makes their food look just like the menu no matter which chain you go to.

Whataburger is okay...honestly Jack in the box ***** on whataburger.

Ive eaten at 5 guys and its not impressive either..I love how the inside of the restaurant is red/white kinda like In-N-Out.. The after taste of their burger taste just like wendys. Ive ate their 2x and it taste like that both times.

I do want to give smash burger a try.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

^ ........***
Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Former Northern california guy here too. in & out are better than What-a-burger in my personal opinion. now I very seldom eat burgers anyway as they're horribly unhealthy and being I'm a truck driver I watch what i eat so i don't end up looking like one lol, But In and Out hands down wins for me.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was going to grapevine mills with a buddy yesterday to catch a movie, and we stopped by ritzys(???) For a quick bite, not knowing what it was. Had a burger that had ham, bacon, alfalfa sprouts, all kinds of weirdness, and it was freakin delicious. Just throwing another one out there.

And my .02, whataburger is good, but its pretty bland. And that place is every bit expensive as the ones y'all are bitching about. I will gladly pay a couple extra bucks at twisted root, 5 guys, or mooyahs, for a much better burger.

Quick Reply: In-N-Out Burger fans “Dallas”