Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

I just took my test for oxy last week and should be interviewing mid november. Nothing like the exxon test. I believe they pick who they want to go test from the resumes. If I get it ill start jan 28th. Wish me luck. At least it will not be a pay drop starting off like most. I make 24.50 right now they start at 24.70 lol woo hoo .20 raise
Old 10-25-2011, 06:30 AM
9 Second Club

i think Oxy is starting a turn-around soon
Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM

Default urgent

Hey Guys, I'm goin to take an operations technician test for Lyondell Basell.
please, for those that have taken the test with them, culd u pls give me heads up on the subjects they re testing for, and the types of questions asked. please please please i will appreciate ur help.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hope for your sake it's not written.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Congrats, I wonder if dopefedz got in too.

Got the email right before 5, haven't called yet but I am about to.

Anyone have any idea what the job is about and the salary? My friend said you are kinda like the plant bitch and a little research shows salary anywhere from $45k to $85k. I heard you get up in the ladder very quick though.
My dad has been at that plant for probably over 20yrs. It's not hard after you top out to make over 100k with OT. Any plant as an operator (not a storage facility) isn't hard to make 6 digits. I work at a pipeline and will never hit 6 digits but it has better perks.

I don't know if he'll come in this thread but find the head hunter (gojohnson or something like that) for Lubrizol. They top out at around 40/hr but it's batch processes so it's not easy or fun.

45k seems really low. They should start out around 24-26/hr for noobs.

Originally Posted by drago1217
I just took my test for oxy last week and should be interviewing mid november. Nothing like the exxon test. I believe they pick who they want to go test from the resumes. If I get it ill start jan 28th. Wish me luck. At least it will not be a pay drop starting off like most. I make 24.50 right now they start at 24.70 lol woo hoo .20 raise

They're always hiring so I don't know if that's a good thing. Are they batch or continous? I've been at my Operator job since Nov '08 and since then have had a 10/hr pay increase over the course of the 3 yrs. Good thing with these jobs is you get plenty of raises so long as you learn and don't smurf **** up.

When I tested and interviewed for Solutia that was the worst. They're test is (if I remember correctly) 8 hrs and I was interviewed by 8 people. Shell's test was long and was interviewed by 3 sets of 2 people at a large Hotel off 45.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 11-14-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TREMY
Hey Guys, I'm goin to take an operations technician test for Lyondell Basell.
please, for those that have taken the test with them, culd u pls give me heads up on the subjects they re testing for, and the types of questions asked. please please please i will appreciate ur help.
Lie on everything.

Judging by your spelling, you are going to have a hard time during the interview.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

RP, did you ever get a job with one of them?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I'm on semester one
Good luck. San Jac and a few others are spitting them out by the thousands. You'll be in tough competition. When my dad and brother took the course it was only a 5 week or so course.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't make it past the interview, simply didn't have the job experience as the ask you questions about your last jobs.

Rock the test and you'll get an interview, it's simple math and using a little of your brain. Oh and I'm not kidding, lie on everything.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most look for green hands. Asking about your last or current job doesn't mean a whole lot. They ask questions about that job and how you handle problems, working with others, how you solved a dispute with a co worker and etc.

They don't ask how you fix a pump or off load a truck.

Just keep trying and you'll get on with someone. It took me about a year to finally land one. I had to move to El Paso for a few years but transferred back home.

Wait, do you have a ptech certificate or ptech degree at least?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I didn't make it past the interview, simply didn't have the job experience as the ask you questions about your last jobs.

Rock the test and you'll get an interview, it's simple math and using a little of your brain. Oh and I'm not kidding, lie on everything.
still wanna ask; is it just maths only or they also have mechanical test and comprehension test.
i appreciates man
Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I took the Lyondell test and I'm sure it's the same for techs too. It has everything you listed. The tard test are always the highlight of them though.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Most look for green hands. Asking about your last or current job doesn't mean a whole lot. They ask questions about that job and how you handle problems, working with others, how you solved a dispute with a co worker and etc.

They don't ask how you fix a pump or off load a truck.

Just keep trying and you'll get on with someone. It took me about a year to finally land one. I had to move to El Paso for a few years but transferred back home.

Wait, do you have a ptech certificate or ptech degree at least?
Well yeah, that's what I mean. But I use to work with a bunch of Mexicans at a body shop, a place where I got a body hammer thrown at me, watched others get caught on fire, putting acid on the toilet seat etc. Just crazy ****. That's all I have known, when they say how did you handle someone making you mad, you can't say "oh I ducttaped the nozzle on a deodorant can down, chunked it through his door and locked it..." Just what I am use to.

Originally Posted by TREMY
still wanna ask; is it just maths only or they also have mechanical test and comprehension test.
i appreciates man
Little math, gonna need to know like the volume of a box, volume of a section of that box etc.. Little bit of common sense stuff and stuff on gears too. Like if one gear turns this way, another turns this way which turns this one this way.

I didn't have ****, just walked in there and blew most everyone out of the water.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Teching In

I know its an old thread but did anyone get an interview or anything through this?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by bwooten492
I know its an old thread but did anyone get an interview or anything through this?
I just got an email today, ill see where it goes from here.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

I just heard through the grapevine that Exxon is gonna be hiring some more pipeline console operators for downtown here in a couple months......just puttin it out there.....
Old 02-11-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Valero is hiring. I got a bad *** job at a funeral home so screw the plant game.

Working at Danbury now though, I really like it.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Staging Lane

What kind of funeral home pays better then the plants? Almost nowhere you can make the same amount of money besides the medical field. So plz let me kno so i can stop being a welder and start digging graves..
Old 02-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Staging Lane

Shell is hiring operators

Quick Reply: Testing for Exxonmobil jobs....