My dealings with graham@nitrousoutlet. NOT SATISFIED !

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

I can't wait to break that down when I'm at home in on my computer
Old 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, ****.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Well, ****.

Hahaha yeah no kidding rofl I was thinking the exact same thing
Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

guess we are all ready............................................. and begin
Old 08-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Launching!

There's a lot of popcorn in this thread. Y'all are making a fat boy hawngry
Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

All that popcorn mite as well drink a few.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
Wow.... all of this huh?

Ok, the car was by no means perfect. It was a 98 formula built, raced, and beat on by multiple owners. It had a trunk full of parts and blown motor.
Some of the things listed were done by me. I do not try and dodge this fact at all. I hurt the trans maybe a week before moving to Waco and I was in a huge hurry. The dipstick and driveshaft bolt's are my own rigging.
It is an lt1 rear end, I am not sure why that matter's nor did ever tell you any different. As for the timing cover and steering link, I have no idea how these became so damaged yet never leaked or had a problem while I owned it. I own a pulley puller btw.
You told me on the phone the other day you didn't know what kinda rearend was in the car, you just knew it had 3.42 gears in it. Well in a sense it does matter if its a lt1 rear going on a ls1 car and visa-verse.

The steering linkage is fine, however the steering rack is leaking.

The timing cover ? well from what I heard from a lil birdy is your boss jumped your *** about trying to get it off with a pry bar. I'm just saying what I've heard from a VERY reliable person I know.

A a/f gauge, oil pressure , a trans temp gauge, and a water temp gauge ? You said yourself those were given to you as a gift or something and you were giving them away with the car. Oh and a fuel pump that you said was brand new ? that looks old and faded ?

You listed a bike for a trade I told you what I had. You came and looked it over and we swapped. I did the same with the 7 year old TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND mile sportbike that you traded me.
Bike mileage was VERY well know before anything. The post hasnt been changed since 5/25 or so. So its not like i went and edited it
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...500-trade.html

On the other hand your car, you had no the foggiest idea of the mileage. I wanna say you said somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90k ? it had 101k on it

Speaking of which, since I am being accused of dishonest liar cheat, etc, you failed to mention,

the bike has been in at least 2 wrecks

nearly every mounting point on the tail has been broken, patched, and broken again

The turn signals were not even wired up in the rear

Every brake pad is nearly at the rotor's, I am swapping to entirely new calipers and deleting the rear brake

The levers are mix matched

the driver pegs ( not sure of the name ) are mixmatched

The bolts are not all the same in the rear sets

the end link on the passenger side bar is not there

the cowl will have to be adjusted to stop all the rattling and have the cushion fixed so it will stay in place.

The wiring that is left is horrid from where someone cut out the power commander out of it.
I told you about the wreck that I knew about before anything was in stone about the trade, i told you the guy before me dropped in in a 2mph accident. It was scratched but nothing major to affect the bike nor handling or anything. As for any other wreck, i was not aware of that AT ALL.

Turn signals was also told to you before we did the deal, you said it was fine.

Brake pads were perfectly fine when I had it.

I told you before anything was set in stone it had a shorty clutch lever and a stock length brake lever on it, Yet again you said fine, even after i asked you if you wanted me to go ahead and order the other you said nah it was ok.

Drivers peg ? i wasnt aware they were different, looked the same to me ? yet again, it shifted perfectly fine at ANY rpms.

end link bar ? If your talking about the part on the handle, yet again that was told to you before you got it and before i ever drove up there, that was told when i said that it had been dropped.

LOL the cowl is the most common problem with those bikes, its all over all the forums, it effects nothing, just squeaks a lil.

Yet again I told you there was a power commander on it before i got it and the guy took it out.

But as is the same with my car. The thing was not perfect. I looked over your bike, and these are my problems to deal with and fix. I have corrected most of these already. I also have not bothered to post these on any forums calling you names. I am sorry you are not happy with the trade but I promise you were more than adequately compensated for the bike.

The only thing I can ask at this point is to direct this at me, Brandon Graham, rather than Graham@Nitrousoutlet. That is up too you tho. I hear the car is finished and in your words "made out good" on it so I am not sure there was a need to come on here like this in the first place.
I would say Brandon Graham, but no one here knows that screen name. You contacted me under Graham@nitrousoutlet. Plus I already said this has NOTHING to do with your company.

Did you tell me the car would need a retune for the injectors ? No, I don't remember you saying that, nor did my buddy who went with me to get the car.

Did you tell me I would need valve springs for that 590lift cam ? no, you told me i replace the motor and i would be good to go. False. I need valve springs and a retune to make it good. Amongst all the other odds and ends, like the fried abs wiring.

I would have been fine with it for the most part, but for you tell say you had the title, then me drive to Austin only to find out you couldn't find the title, only to find out your brother mailed you a title to a mustang ? which BTW, how does one mail the wrong title ? wouldn't you look at it and make sure it was the right one first ? only to find out you didn't have the title. I have it now so that part is fine. And then for it to be RIDICULOUSLY hard to get ahold of you is the worst part to me. I cannot stand people who do not learn how to call people back, that my BIGGEST pet-peeve in the world.

All in all, all is said and done. Ill get this turd polished up and sell it. No biggie, not like ill be losing money on the deal, just irritated about not knowing everything up front to begin with.

Last edited by boofthese; 08-23-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

I guess what im hoping more and more people learn is that trust no one. No matter if you're a sponsor, a best friend or anything, believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Launching!

I hate that this happened to you let alone anybody. Trust is hard. There's good buyers/sellers and there's bad. I met him once and was rubbed the wrong way. Atleast you're squared away now after the whole ordeal.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boofthese
You told me on the phone the other day you didn't know what kinda rearend was in the car, you just knew it had 3.42 gears in it. Well in a sense it does matter if its a lt1 rear going on a ls1 car and visa-verse.

The steering linkage is fine, however the steering rack is leaking.

The timing cover ? well from what I heard from a lil birdy is your boss jumped your *** about trying to get it off with a pry bar. I'm just saying what I've heard from a VERY reliable person I know.

A a/f gauge, oil pressure , a trans temp gauge, and a water temp gauge ? You said yourself those were given to you as a gift or something and you were giving them away with the car. Oh and a fuel pump that you said was brand new ? that looks old and faded ?

Bike mileage was VERY well know before anything. The post hasnt been changed since 5/25 or so. So its not like i went and edited it
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...500-trade.html

On the other hand your car, you had no the foggiest idea of the mileage. I wanna say you said somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90k ? it had 101k on it

I told you about the wreck that I knew about before anything was in stone about the trade, i told you the guy before me dropped in in a 2mph accident. It was scratched but nothing major to affect the bike nor handling or anything. As for any other wreck, i was not aware of that AT ALL.

Turn signals was also told to you before we did the deal, you said it was fine.

Brake pads were perfectly fine when I had it.

I told you before anything was set in stone it had a shorty clutch lever and a stock length brake lever on it, Yet again you said fine, even after i asked you if you wanted me to go ahead and order the other you said nah it was ok.

Drivers peg ? i wasnt aware they were different, looked the same to me ? yet again, it shifted perfectly fine at ANY rpms.

end link bar ? If your talking about the part on the handle, yet again that was told to you before you got it and before i ever drove up there, that was told when i said that it had been dropped.

LOL the cowl is the most common problem with those bikes, its all over all the forums, it effects nothing, just squeaks a lil.

Yet again I told you there was a power commander on it before i got it and the guy took it out.

I would say Brandon Graham, but no one here knows that screen name. You contacted me under Graham@nitrousoutlet. Plus I already said this has NOTHING to do with your company.

Did you tell me the car would need a retune for the injectors ? No, I don't remember you saying that, nor did my buddy who went with me to get the car.

Did you tell me I would need valve springs for that 590lift cam ? no, you told me i replace the motor and i would be good to go. False. I need valve springs and a retune to make it good. Amongst all the other odds and ends, like the fried abs wiring.

I would have been fine with it for the most part, but for you tell say you had the title, then me drive to Austin only to find out you couldn't find the title, only to find out your brother mailed you a title to a mustang ? which BTW, how does one mail the wrong title ? wouldn't you look at it and make sure it was the right one first ? only to find out you didn't have the title. I have it now so that part is fine. And then for it to be RIDICULOUSLY hard to get ahold of you is the worst part to me. I cannot stand people who do not learn how to call people back, that my BIGGEST pet-peeve in the world.

All in all, all is said and done. Ill get this turd polished up and sell it. No biggie, not like ill be losing money on the deal, just irritated about not knowing everything up front to begin with.
I am trying my best to stay out of this because this is a personal matter between you a Graham. However you are bringing me into this.

Let me make this very clear. I am Grahams Boss. His only Boss at Nitrous Outlet and I have never said I jumped his *** for anything to do with working on his car. As a matter of fact I have never been around while he was working on his car.

When Graham came to work for us the oil pump went out in his car the first week he moved here. A tow truck pulled it to our warehouse where it set for a week and then it was taken to someone elses house so he would have a place to work on it. Thats where he started to tear it down while he was collecting parts and money to fix it. I bet the car had set there a good 3 or 4 months. Not once have I ever been there to see him work on it.

I am sorry that the car was not what you expected or hoped for but when you looked that car over it had to be ovbious the car was in pieces and it needed some loving care. I have never looked at it very close and it was easy for me to see it needed some love. It was your responsibility to look the car over from top to bottom to make sure you were happy with it.

From what I can see there could have been some better communication between you and Graham but I do not feel he was not being dishonest or shady in any way. I talked to Graham about this today and he said it just never even occurred to him to mention the car had 42lb injectors in it when he was driving it. He had given those to Chris and included stock ones with the car with out even thinking about it affecting the tune.

As to the heads. He did have someone do those for him and to the best of his knowledge the valve springs he had were fine for the cam he had. He had been driving the car with those heads and cam on the motor.

As to the steering rack leaking... Well it is an old car and again if you bought the same car I seen it needed some love. He says he was not aware it was leaking though.

As to the title. I do know that Graham thought it would be as easy as getting his brother or mom to mail it to him from home. Then somewhere in his move it must have been miss placed. I watched him and listen to him on the phone trying to get a new copy and get it resolved. Which he did do.

I understand how you feel getting something home and finding out it needs a Little more work than expected, to be where you would like it. I have been in your same shoes and it sucks.

I would have a serious issue with Graham if he had told you the car was something it wasn't but this is not the case. He offered you a trade for your bike. He looked your bike over and accepted it as it was and you looked his car that was in pieces over and accepted it for what it was.

You have been able to vent and say that it was in worse shape than you expected and I can respect that. I promise you in the future you will look further trades over closer to make sure they meet your expectations.

Now its time to move on and please do not bring me or my business into yall's personal business.

No Nitrous Outlet employees will be posting in this thread from here out. Everyone has said what they have to say and anything further would just be beating a dead horse.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 08-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bang. Well said. All's well that ends well. Let this thread fade away.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 PM
hashtagBMW

A car with some issues for a bike with some issues.

Ya'll can discuss this privately from this point, if need be.