Beware chase bank!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was also an old Wamu customer. When Chase first took over they said my account would be kept as is. I never look at my statements because I do everything online. I didnt withdraw the money from my account the banker did and said it looked like everything had gone through. Even if it hadnt my wifes account can send money over as soon as it looks like there might be an overdraft OR it is setup to come out of the savings. Thats why I have NEVER had an overdraft fee til now. My wife doesnt get charged $12 a month for hers because hes is "grandfathered" the banker said. When i asked why mine was not since its even older than my wifes she said becasue it was a Wamu account and was changed to the new account. If not illegal it definately is unethical. Didnt post up for a pitty party just to give someone a heads up. **** its only $35 but Im a man of ethics and principles.

Pat (BusyMopper), with a house paid off and three newer vehiles paid off I wouldnt exactly say im poor. Rich? HELL NO. Well off? NOPE. Comfortable? Not even that. At least i dont scam people though.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take note i said jk. good one tho
Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
Credit Unions FTW!
This. Mine gives me 3.99% interest on my checking if I make 10(doesnt matter on size) transactions as credit with my debit card. Yes I buy 10 .12 pieces of candy a month.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

You will pay for those transactions in the end. The entrepreneur is going to go up on those candies because it cost him .25 for the card swipe and 2-3% on the dollar.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmurray87
Chase is now starting to charge a fee to everyone even if it is a direct deposit, all banks are basically doing it now my old bank BBVA Compass started to do it to me so I ditched them.

USAA Free Checking FTW!
Just depends what type of chase account you have. If you have the basic account they charge because they make zero dollars on you. There are ways to make it so you don't have a charge. Just have to read the fine print.

I just opened a bank account with my wife and no fee, but I have had a credit card with them for 14 years.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
On a side note, Bank of America is the devil....
I hear this all the time but I've been banking with them since 2003 and never had one problem. Now my wife works for them in a corporate office as a paralegal and hates the company...but they donate to deployed troops!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

same thing when I was with bbva compass. texans credit union now and it's much better.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Viewpoint FTMFW! No fee's and 4% interest on my checking up to 25k
Old 07-13-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
On a side note, Bank of America is the devil....
This.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

I've had chase for about 5 yrs and every service was free, only had a yearly charge for the points program, but that ended this year so from now on its just going to be a regular free account. I dont know why people get mad a banks most of the time it is the persons own fault for not managing their money right.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
They charge people that don't have direct Deposit.
This.

I haven't had a charge while I've had direct deposit. When I was between jobs & not getting a check, I got charged.

Same thing if I didn't keep a minimum balance in my savings.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Been banking with them for over 8yrs, even had a old WaMu account that got transfered to Chase after they bought them out. When the changes for free checking were coming down my personal banker called me and told me what was going on and made sure that I closed the right account that did not have direct deposit tied to it to avoid fees......
Old 07-16-2011, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

i had wells fargo many yrs ago and got arrested and spend weekend in jail becuase they deposited my check to someone elses account so all the checks i wrote bounced. when i contacted them about it they said it was their mistake and would contact all the retailers and fix the issue. well i also contacted the retailers to let them know and they were cool about it, but 6 months latter i got pulled over for no seat belt and had 4 warrants for my arrest for theft by check and since it was a friday i had to sit till monday morning and judge gave me time served. i contacted wells fargo again and they said sorry and i got a letter of apology that it. 4 yrs later i got arrested again for 6 more theft by check warrants when i moved back to stafford because of the wells fargo issue and spent another 4 days in jail so fudge wells fargo
Old 07-16-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, F*ck Chase Bank

I had my pay direct-deposited into a savings account - also had a weekly transfer setup where $500 would be put into my checking every monday for $5...no biggie. They decided to stop doing this and informed me via email on a friday afternoon that went into my junk box

following monday, my wife goes shopping - small stuff, soda at the gas station, movie tickets, popcorn, formula for the baby - in total, less than $120 in purchases. Chase hits us with $735 in overdraft fees for less than $120 of purchases. The branch manager said she could waive $70 of it but there was nothing else she could do

I immediately empty the savings, deposited just enough in the checking to cover our purchases, and told them to go to hell

Pacific Marine CU, USAA, and any of the Greater TX FCUs FTW
Old 07-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I hear this all the time but I've been banking with them since 2003 and never had one problem. Now my wife works for them in a corporate office as a paralegal and hates the company...but they donate to deployed troops!
Me too, been with then since 2002 and never had a problem that wasn't self inflicted.