Parents who recieve Child Support pay Annual $25 fee & $3 month

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Parents who recieve Child Support pay Annual $25 fee & $3 month

NEW: Annual Service and Monthly SDU Fees Notice
Beginning September 1, 2011, processing fees for certain cases take effect. If a fee is assessed it will be deducted from your child support payment.

Monthly SDU Fee
Beginning September 1, 2011, custodial parents will pay a $3 monthly fee in cases that receive registry-only payment processing and record keeping services through the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) for each month in which a child support payment of more than $3 is received. The fee will be deducted from your child support payment.

Annual Service Fee
Beginning October 1, 2011, custodial parents who receive full service monitoring and enforcement services and have never been on public assistance will pay a $25 service fee for each year that they receive more than $500 in child support collections. The fee will be deducted from your child support payment.

Who will be charged a fee?

Custodial parents who receive full-service monitoring and enforcement services and have never been on Temporary Assistance for Needy Families will pay a $25 service fee for each year that they receive at least $500 in child support collections. The fee will be deducted from the child support payment. The custodial parent will pay a $3 monthly fee in cases that receive registry-only payment processing and record keeping services through the federally mandated State Disbursement Unit (SDU) for each month in which a child support payment of at least $3 is received. The fee will be deducted from the child support payment.

A case will not accrue both an annual service fee and a monthly SDU fee simultaneously.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so glad Im am done paying child support.. I will never do that again. Im gonna be like delta airlines and pullout ontime.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssteven
i am so glad im am done paying child support.. I will never do that again. Im gonna be like delta airlines and pullout ontime.
lmao!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

and pullout ontime.
If that's what you're relying on, you'll be fathering another child.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So she only gets 997.00 a month....
Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 AM
TECH Regular

Funny how it says the $3 fee only applies to the cases where the money is automatically deducted. I didnt have a choice, they set up direct withdraw on their own and then told me about it afterward. It doesn't matter though, they are going to tax the public that they serve in as many ways as possible.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My ex is going to take me back for another $28 a month, like $700 a month isn't enough anyway. Bitch.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:58 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
My ex is going to take me back for another $28 a month, like $700 a month isn't enough anyway. Bitch.
All the baby Momma's are gonna go off! I dont think its messed up Perry is taking money from Single moms
Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Oh god, here comes another phone call complaining about money and asking for a hand out to help pay for the fancy house and car...
Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

California has some tough support laws now. If you dont pay, your drivers lic is suspended, no passport will be issued and now they go after your bank acct or 401K.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Glad I have only 3 more years left!!

I love how texas won't help the father at all when it comes to recieving there rights to the child, screw the attorney general. "It's only our job to collect the C/S, not enforce visitation laws" ********
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My daughter doesn't see much of the 1k I pay. I'm 30k ahead of last year and I come up for review based on this tax year... She will be able to upgrade to a vette with the raise she will get. Child support laws need to be changed to benefit the child more. The parents should split the cost not put it all on the man.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 AM
TECH Resident

I hear you on that snake. My ex and her hubby bought a truck and travel trailer and all the sudden I go back to court. She had the audacity to ask me for help with my daughters school supplies and such. I told the if she can spend $1400 a month on her, then I want receipts to prove it. It is a 50/50 deal, I give her $700 and she needs to spend $700 before I give her anymore.
The following users liked this post:
Taspeed (01-13-2020)
Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I love Texas, but it SUCKS for not recognizing a father's right to his children. I'm going through a divorce right now and even though that bitch was degenerate alcoholic, was never around while I was raising two girls and had an affair, my attorney told me I basically didn't have a prayer of getting custody. So I had to go in there with my hat in my hand and beg for 50/50. The only way I was even able to negotiate that was I found a copy of that bitch's journal where she had written about all the f'ed up stuff she had done. The topper on the whole thing is that I will still have to pay child support!! I'd like to attach each payment to the tip of my foot when I kick her in the ***!!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FRC
Yeah I love Texas, but it SUCKS for not recognizing a father's right to his children. I'm going through a divorce right now and even though that bitch was degenerate alcoholic, was never around while I was raising two girls and had an affair, my attorney told me I basically didn't have a prayer of getting custody. So I had to go in there with my hat in my hand and beg for 50/50. The only way I was even able to negotiate that was I found a copy of that bitch's journal where she had written about all the f'ed up stuff she had done. The topper on the whole thing is that I will still have to pay child support!! I'd like to attach each payment to the tip of my foot when I kick her in the ***!!
This!

This men in this country get the raw end and they wonder why the people who work are not having kids. Because this country rewards bad behavier. If you want to be lazy & lay in bed and have kids all day. Well the goverment will give you foodstamps & Medical for you & your kids & also pay your housing & light bills.

I think guys are learning to wrap it up. Cause if you do have a kid with a broad. The saying that says its cheaper to keep her. IS SO TRUE!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Texas child support and custody laws suck big time. My ex was the same as 99's. I have had some of my friends come up and tell me that she did them. I forgave them but not her. She initiated the lay.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

I also pay a decent amount in child support and my ex asked me for money a few weeks ago to help with school supplies and summer camp, I said "I'll make you a deal, I will send a check monthly that will come in the mail and be addressed Attorney General" she didn't like that so she proceeded to go into long detail about how much it costs for his medications, food, child care, etc... I replied "That's only $3 more a week than I send you!!!!!!!! where is you doing your half!" And after I did the math for her and showed her that I pay all but $3 a week of what she claims it costs to support him she still asked for money, the next week when I saw her, she was in a brand new SUV with leather and navigation etc.... Yeah let me help you pay for that... And no bs, she asked again yesterday

I agree with the above comments. The support should be based off of the cost of the childs care. There could be some sort of estimating system where the non-custodial parent pays %50 of the child care plus a small percentage more due to housing expenses for the child.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Im up here in CT and my kids mother just told me this and I was wondering if its true. What a crock of ****! Anyone who ever said any of these social services are not money driven can now go **** up a rope! This pisses me off. Even though I feel im raped by child support and family court...thats my kids money and not theres!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I am so glad Im am done paying child support.. I will never do that again. Im gonna be like delta airlines and pullout ontime.
Dude, we sure do live and learn huh? Thats another reason I will NEVER get married.

Originally Posted by cambirdracing

Im in the same boat man. As a dad that has fought through false allegations made by my kids mother, dcf, financial hardship, being a target for the state to collect money ect...Im still seeing my kids 3-4 times a week.

Originally Posted by SEB
All the baby Momma's are gonna go off! I dont think its messed up Perry is taking money from Single moms

Yep. As usual it comes back to us...the already struggling fathers

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Oh god, here comes another phone call complaining about money and asking for a hand out to help pay for the fancy house and car...
Hey man you got that right. Lets not forget the "I need you to watch the kids while I go down to the courthouse and **** you over for more money"...oh wait, she did that last week

California has some tough support laws now. If you dont pay, your drivers lic is suspended, no passport will be issued and now they go after your bank acct or 401K.

Same here in CT. Occupational license gets suspended also.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club

I agree with everyone saying there needs to be more laws to benefit the kids. My dad payed child support to my mom, and i never saw any of it. Yet her and my stepdad went on 3 vacations a year.

After I turned 16 and got a job, it was even worse. I was buying absolutely everything on my own including school supplies, clothes, food, ect. that same year my mom got a new Cadillac, had a $60k pool built in the back yard, and did the standard 3 vacations a year.

My dad always used to Bitch about how my mom was selfish, and back then I didn't see it. Now I do. Oh, and I would only see him 2-3 times a year.

Quick Reply: Parents who recieve Child Support pay Annual $25 fee & $3 month