Looking for good alarm installer in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking for good alarm installer in Houston

Ok, my truck was broken into at the Westin in Dallas last night while I was up there for my nieces 16th birthday. The typical jamming a scremdriver into the lock and unlocking the truck. They didn't take anything because I never leave anything valuable in my truck, but they did put a small dent in the door I will have to get fixed along with a new door handle and lock cylinder.

I had been looking at remote start systems, but full alarms are not much more so I am considering that now.

I used to install alarms and stereo's to pay the bills when I was in school and I know an alarm is only as good as the install.

I really like the Clifford alarms, but I know Clifford (DEI) does not like selling them to individuals because it can be problematic. I have not given up on buying one from an authorized retailer and installing it myself. However, I know most authorized retailers will follow Clifford's wish that it be installed there.

So, does anyone know of a good alarm installer at a shop that deals in Clifford alarms? Please don't say Best Buy or Car Toys unless you actually know the installer and can vouch for them. I have seen enough of their wanna be installs to make me sick.

Oh, and if you happen to catch a thief in the act, give them an extra kick, punch, or whatever for me.