Apartments in the SE Houston, Webster, Friendswood, League City area

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Apartments in the SE Houston, Webster, Friendswood, League City area

I've seen some pretty bad reviews online for some of the apartments. Have any of you guys had good experiences with any in the area? Friend from UH and I are looking into apartments. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Let me know what you find. Looking to move into some as well.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
Let me know what you find. Looking to move into some as well.
No problem. Feel free to hijack this thread as needed.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

The reserve at autumn creek in friendswood is nice. Stayed there 2 different times and 95% of them have garages. A little pricey if I remember correctly.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
The reserve at autumn creek in friendswood is nice. Stayed there 2 different times and 95% of them have garages. A little pricey if I remember correctly.
Yeah, that's a bit out of our price range. They look great, though. He's a full-time student. I work and attend school part-time.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

I live alone at Seven Palms. Been here for about 1 1/2 years. I've never had any problems, and they are pretty nice. I'll probably move when my lease is up just because I get bored easily, and always want to upgrade, but I really do like it here.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I live alone at Seven Palms. Been here for about 1 1/2 years. I've never had any problems, and they are pretty nice. I'll probably move when my lease is up just because I get bored easily, and always want to upgrade, but I really do like it here.
X2 these rape. The cove on bay area next to don pico's are nice as well. Check out the new ones on Nassau road 1 where the old city hall used to be, can't think of the name but they might be worth looking into.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Teching In

I live in Summerbrooke which is in kemah, right by the home depot they have the car show on Saturdays. They are nice and kind of out of the spot light so there isnt a bunch of loud traffic and whatnot to deal with. Kind of up there on price, but they have a 3 month free special going on. They use those 3 months and just offset the cost for your lease term.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bay meadows in Friendswood is reasonably priced and the maintenance is good. The only down side is no covered parking.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Can you guys post prices with suggestions.
Thanks.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Launching!

There is 4 complexes at tuscan lakes off of 96. I lived in amalfi for a year, nice places
Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

My 2 bedroom in bay meadows is 685. With a military discount. I think it is 705 normally but not sure
Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Up top.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
Up top.
I did a search based on ratings on apartmentratings.com. In my price range, El Dorado View and Piper's Cove have decent ratings. I figured anything with at least a 50% rating would be all right.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Junkie

I wouldn't make my decision based on those ratings. People with bad experiences are more likely to spend their time to post a bad rating. I like where I live, but I'm not going to waste my time finding sites to leave reviews on.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I wouldn't make my decision based on those ratings. People with bad experiences are more likely to spend their time to post a bad rating. I like where I live, but I'm not going to waste my time finding sites to leave reviews on.
For once I agree with you on something, lol. Most people that post reviews are only going to post bad reviews. If you have a good experience are you gonna waste the time and make a review. If you had a bad one hell yes, you have to get even and post a bad review so everyone can see how bad a place is. I would go off more than just reviews. I would go there at 2 in the morning and see if you hear anyone bassing there buick. That will tell you what kind of apt. it is. If its cheap its going to attract a cheap crowd. You might even consider renting a house. If you have someone to live with you its a better idea and you can get a decent house for close to the same as an apt. Just my 2 cents Wes, good luck.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I live at the Village on the Lake apartments on NASA 1, and Space Center. You can get an 850sq/ft apartment with a decent sized one car garage for about $950/month right now.

There's a ton of stuff to do, and the apartments are incredibly nice. No issues with parking, good maintenance crew, and it's a peaceful place. The only thing separating the apartments from Armand Bayou is a chain link fence. Sometimes I will walk out of the apartment and see 7 or 8 deer right up against the fence. You can go fishing, there are 3 pools, and a really nice work out facility.

Obviously, wildlife comes with the territory. I have had Cotton Mouths underneath my car. There is no shortage of raccoons, possums, and armadillos running around the complex at night time. We have seen a couple of good sized alligators in the lake. You just kind of have to be careful where you step, but I think it's kind of neat.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
9 Second Club

My 1 bed 1 bath 850sq ft apartment is $830/mo.

Hey juicy, I was actually looking at moving into those apartments next. I want a phase 2 though. They seem pretty Damn nice.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slash8915
My 1 bed 1 bath 850sq ft apartment is $830/mo.

Hey juicy, I was actually looking at moving into those apartments next. I want a phase 2 though. They seem pretty Damn nice.
We pretty much have the same apartment, plus I have a garage for about $70/mo. more.

I love it here. The prices get pretty steep though when you get much more than I have. I really don't get these people that have $1,500/mo. rent at an apartment complex. Why wouldn't you just get a house?

Anyway, I definitely recommend looking pretty hard at them. If you can get what you want with a price you are comfortable with, there really aren't any nicer options around.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
For once I agree with you on something, lol. Most people that post reviews are only going to post bad reviews. If you have a good experience are you gonna waste the time and make a review. If you had a bad one hell yes, you have to get even and post a bad review so everyone can see how bad a place is. I would go off more than just reviews. I would go there at 2 in the morning and see if you hear anyone bassing there buick. That will tell you what kind of apt. it is. If its cheap its going to attract a cheap crowd. You might even consider renting a house. If you have someone to live with you its a better idea and you can get a decent house for close to the same as an apt. Just my 2 cents Wes, good luck.
What if they're bassing a Cadillac instead of a Buick?

I understand what you two are saying, but if the ratings are too low, I'd be foolish to think nothing of it. That's why I looked at 50% and higher. I figured an equal number of more-motivated reviewers (negative) with less-motivated (positive) is probably a safe bet. I would rent a house if I could, but I just can't until I graduate. My friend is a full-time student, so he lives off student loans.

Keep in mind this is only a back up. I'm seriously considering a few rooms I've found to rent for myself.