What to do in Austin...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shady Grove is AWESOME. Pretty much all there is to say about that place.

Sandra Bullocks place, Bess Bistro, is also a great place to eat. Not too pricey considering you're at an actress's restaurant, good *** food too.

If you want good pizza, only go to Home Slice on South Congress. Every other place pretty much sucks, I'm used to the best pizza in America since I live in such a close proximity to NYC and Home Slice is pretty flippin' good!

I did the Capital Tours bat watch, it was only like 8 bucks a person and you get a nice little 30 minute or so tour, good views of the city and at the end see a bizzilion bats flying in formation.

I can't even remember all the crap I did when I was there, just bookmark this thread in your phone and you'll have plenty of activities to fill your day.

Enjoy!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I do appreciate the ideas, but unfortunately, it looks like the trip is going to have to be postponed.

I have never wanted to visit Austin so bad tho. I have been there plenty of times, but only for short short visits, and always stayed in Round Rock. I WILL make plans to visit it soon!

Thanks all!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though it has been postponed I will throw a couple things in..........

1. I have heard the same about the Round Rock Salt Lick and the Driftwood location has now added a wine tasting bar and more seating.

2. Check out Fredericksburg. They have some shopping, Enchanted Rock for hiking and nice scenery, and they have a brewery in the middle of the shopping area for you to have a couple beers.

3. If you go down to New Braunfels, visit Gruene. They have pretty cool shopping, a large Texas wine bar, a dance hall, and some good eateries.

4. When in Austin and you want ice cream, go to Amy's. It's the ****.

5. Go to Magnolia Cafe in Austin. It was on Diners Drive-Ins, and Dives but it was bad *** long before it was featured on there.

6. The Oasis is great for Scenery, but not necessarily for food. The Iguana Grille down the road has better food but slightly less scenery. Both are right off Lake Travis.

7. As far as BBQ goes, Stubb's and Rail Works is also very good.