Child Support and Joint Custody ?s

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like judges need to learn simple math.

Example.
You make $60k. She makes $40k. Total $100k.

Child support is set at $800 a month. ($400 each at 50%).

You make 60% of the combined salary. You pay $480/month.

Fathers should have rights too. I think it's about time for our court system to start recognizing that.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Fathers should have rights too. I think it's about time for our court system to start recognizing that.
I agree, but it seems like fathers who actually want to be involved in their kids lives after the divorce are getting more and more rare now-a-days. It's sad that so many guys just ditch their kids and run off and try avoid all responsibility. Then when a good father comes along, the courts stick it to 'em.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCam97
I agree, but it seems like fathers who actually want to be involved in their kids lives after the divorce are getting more and more rare now-a-days. It's sad that so many guys just ditch their kids and run off and try avoid all responsibility. Then when a good father comes along, the courts stick it to 'em.
Very true I was about to say, I see more deadbeat dads than horrible mothers. It takes a real fucked up mother to give up or neglect her child. Are there a lot of bad moms out there, yes. Are there more bad fathers out there, yes. But does this mean the states should say, well since a majority of the fathers out there aren't gonna be in there child's life after a year, guess we might as well punish all of them and let the mother win in court no matter what, no. I have never had to deal with this kind of situation only saw my sister go threw it. Just seems like there needs to be a lot of changes.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:33 PM

You pay 20% for the first child regardless of joint custody and cover insurance. Nothing above this. Any extras is up to you but in Texas thats the law now. Once you pay her 20% a month, she decides where it goes from there.

Good luck.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Then when a good father comes along, the courts stick it to 'em.
You've got that right. Im one of them....

I could sit here and write a book about how bad Im getting screwed. It makes me sick that a woman can legally choose to be unfair.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Divorce is Never a good thing when kids are involved. Your life as you know it will soon be gone! Reconcile if possible! If not, Lawyer up!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
Oh yea, Texas child support laws always favor the mom. They suck for the man. Hate to say it like this, but get used to it.

This is 100% completely true. I have full custody of my son and his mother was ordered to pay child support 7 years ago.... well, as you guessed it, she owes me to the tune of 15k in back child support right now. BUT, here's the kicker..... the State will not do anything until I file a case with them, even though the payments are going through the dispersement unit and they can CLEARLY see she is not paying.

Now, I can pay my attorney to fight her for the money, but then I have to **** the 3-5k up front to pay my attorney. Oh and before everyone goes crazy saying "let the State do it, it's free".... well you know the old saying... nothing is free in life.

She already has a judgement against her (for her other son) and guess what? They have threatened her for the last 2 years with jail.... but amazingly, she has not paid, NOR has she been jailed. It is down right irritating. If this was a man, he would be in prison by now for failure to pay.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

God can help, its all im gonna say. Not tryin to preach here . If u have to sell the vette....all buy it ..jk but hope everything goes whats best for your daughter. Talk to ur ex nd tell her if yall agree to share custody , nd when your daughter is with her , she pays for her needs. Nd you the same. Nd that all you want is your dauhhter nd to move on nd quit makin your life worst.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Your in for a ride dude. Sorry, but family court is nothing but a jack pot for lawyers and bs games played by the whole court. Ask me how I know this. All I can say is good luck and just get envolved help change the BS bias against fathers. http://www.f4j.com/?gclid=CNWJh9urn6UCFQRM5QodyjSyGg
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have been paying $500.00 a month with no responseablity of insurance for the last 7 years. The 20% crap is not true and not a set amount. There can be a ""agreed"" amount set.

I would be flipping **** if I got hit with 20% lol
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 AM

Texas child support law holds both parents equally responsible for child care.
Texas Child Support
Child support in the state of Texas will ensure that the non-custodial parent contributes to their responsibilities by enforcing child support payments.

The law will enforce payments by reporting the non-custodial parent to the credit bureau, having their license suspended, thrown in jail, etc. If a non-custodial parent refuses to pay child support, then the custodial parent can file suite and have the law enforce those actions.

Child Support Wage Garnishments
Unlike most states in America, Texas law requires all child support payments to be garnished from the non-custodial parent’s paycheck. Garnishment of the non-custodial parent’s earnings will guarantee that all payments are being made.

Texas Child Support Medical Insurance
Most states in America allow either or both parents to provide the child with medical coverage. Texas child support law requires that the non-custodial parent provides the medical coverage for the child. The non-custodial parent would have to purchase a medical plan through their employment. If coverage is unavailable through the non-custodial parent’s employment, then the custodial parent would provide the coverage.

The non-custodial parent would still be responsible for paying the coverage even if it is covered by the custodial parent’s employment. If neither parent’s employment carries no medical plan, then the court would order the non-custodial parent to pay an additional amount to cover the medical expenses. Medical coverage is not calculated within the child support plan, it is an addition that must be provided by the non-custodial parent.

How Child Support is Determined
Child support is determined by the obligor’s net income and the number of children they have. For example, if the obligor has one child, 20% of his or her net income would be deducted. Twenty five percent is deducted if the obligor has two children. If the obligor has three children, then 30% of the net income is deducted. Four or five children, and the deductions would be 35% and 40% of the net income. Six children or more, and the obligor would pay over 40%.

Texas Child Support Visitations
Non-custodial parents are allowed to visit their children at any time under the agreement with the custodial parent. If both parents disagree on visitations, and unable to come to an agreement, then the court will issue the standard schedule. The custodial parent would have to allow the non-custodial parent four to six weeks in the summer, ever other weekends, and alternating holidays.

Texas Child Support Enforcements
Like most state, Texas enforces child support whenever a non-custodial parent refuses to pay. Below are several enforcement acts that will take action if child support is not paid. (Like going to jail) is one example!!!!

Now, if you can get the greedy ex-wife to agree to less then good luck but the facts are facts above as stated!!!

Last edited by BADZ; 08-16-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texas law requires all child support payments to be garnished from the non-custodial parent’s paycheck.
In correct. I send a check every week via bill pay on my checking account.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Indeed you are right and the facts are stated. I simply think that it's time for the laws to be changed a lil. IT BS for mother's to be automatically assumed and deemed responsible for the child. I am seeing a pattern lately of women bailing out on their motherly responsibilities more than men lately. I cannot see how all cases regarding Child Support/Custody are all in the womans favor! It needs to be a case by case basis and all parties and their claims heard. Mine were heard, yet the Judge decided Joint Custody with me still paying support and that my friends is total BS. I have health insurance for her, and I have to buy food, clothing, and shelter just as her mother does. Taking 20% of my pay really just hurts my mentality towards the ex and leaves me with much less to provide for my daughter.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 PM

I understand what you do and you probley send it to the child support agency which then sends a check to your ex like most do so they keep a record of it. Once you stop paying, they send out a notification to the courts/attorney generals office for collection or to see if your SS# has been located at another job payroll. Honestly they don't bullshit when it comes to this.

They will also automatically deduct it if you have a problem keeping up with the dates upon when you need to send it out "or" if your forgetful... The "Garnish Wages" comes into play.....

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
In correct. I send a check every week via bill pay on my checking account.

Last edited by BADZ; 08-16-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BADZ
I understand what you do and you probley send it to the child support agency which then sends a check to your ex like most do so they keep a record of it. Once you stop paying, they send out a notification to the courts/attorney generals office for collection or to see if your SS# has been located at another job payroll. Honestly they don't bullshit when it comes to this. Ask me how I know lol...

They will also automatically deduct it if you have a problem keeping up with the dates upon when you need to send it out "or" if your forgetful... The "Garnish Wages" comes into play.....

I have been around the block a few times
I have NEVER missed a payment on my child support for my six year old and they now automatically deduct it from my paycheck every month. They sent me a letter last year and said they were going to start deducting from my check and gave no explanation. I don't know why they take what I'm more than willing to give, but whatever.

As for non custodial parents always paying, my second ex wife doesn't pay me jack and I had it court ordered that way. She's a deadbeat and would never pay me anyways, so I had the judge just let her off the hook.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

I would listen to this guy... Wow, just WOW!!!

Originally Posted by 92-T5
God can help, its all im gonna say. Not tryin to preach here . If u have to sell the vette....all buy it ..jk but hope everything goes whats best for your daughter. Talk to ur ex nd tell her if yall agree to share custody , nd when your daughter is with her , she pays for her needs. Nd you the same. Nd that all you want is your dauhhter nd to move on nd quit makin your life worst.