Lost my job today

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinR1
Relocating isnt an option at this time. my wife graduates in dec and has several $70k+ job offers already (RN, top of her class) and my severence plus savings should get us through then. In the meantime, I think I'll find something part time and enjoy our kids for a while...when my wife graduates, I can use my GI bill and finish school
Thank you for your service!!

My wife and I are both in Nursing school and graduate in May 2012. I know what your going through because I have been there myself. I am in school because I was tired of roller coaster paychecks and 0% job security. It all ends up working out in the end and is usually a better deal. Take care and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VinR1
Relocating isnt an option at this time. my wife graduates in dec and has several $70k+ job offers already (RN, top of her class) and my severence plus savings should get us through then. In the meantime, I think I'll find something part time and enjoy our kids for a while...when my wife graduates, I can use my GI bill and finish school
if she gets that job, you NEED to go talk to the counselor at your nearest school - you probably can't afford A&M, but you need to get into SOME school.

do you know what they're paying right now !?!? HOLY **** !!!!

i heard they're also paying BAH if you enroll full time.

that's your ticket to a successful life Devil Dog.........

Semper Fi
1998-2002
Old 08-19-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah it sucks; "insufficient sales performance" means they let you go and probably will fight you on unemployment benefits. You will make it , besides the way that company treated you it sounds like you were way to good for them!!! Dust yourself off and get after the job search on Monday, then when you land that better job also get enrolled in some night classes and better yourself!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:56 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Sorry to hear about that. If you were in Houston, I could send you to one of the top shops that is looking for a seasoned/highly experienced LS1 tech.
PM sent
Old 08-20-2011, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by v8sten
PM sent
PM replied.