College football is upon us

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That manuel qb was horrible. He had no chance to beat OU, in fact that little qb yall had in late looked better than EJ. I cant see FSU winning any big games with that guy.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
^^^ to bad our qb and reciver were hurt. That game would have turned out a lot different.
Well that's really a poor excuse considering how good Trickett was playing and the fact that EJ overthrew a few open receivers and had a couple of pics. Hell FSU's only TD pass was a true freshman QB to a true freshman receiver, the freshman were coming up clutch in a game against the #1 team in the nation i'd take that and not be bitching about it. Reason FSU couldn't win is b/c of that stellar performance from OU's defense. OU held FSU to 27 yards rushing on 27 carries. If you take out the QB runs and sake yards FSU's running backs only actually got 4 net rushing yards on 13 carries, they were clearly dominant in run defense making FSU one dimensional. And supposedly OU's defense was the "weak link" for a potential championship squad, well all those doubters couldn't have been more wrong after seeing last night's physical performance on the road in that hostile environment. That was probably a tougher win than the 2000 championship game for OU. Not to mention that was probably the best defense we'll play all year, so i'm predicting nothing but greatness for OU this year so everyone better get ready.

So NO the game wouldn't have turned out a lot different, sorry to burst your bubble but you gotta give credit where credit is due and to the victor goes the praise.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

I'm guessing there won't be much change in the polls 1-10, now 11-25 will be a different story. Had some upsets over the weekend.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Weird how all the Texas guys keep saying how bad A&M is but arent willing to bet on this years game. Since A&M is so "subpar" what are the odds we beat yall back to back...again
A&M is weak. They only played 2 strong quarters against IDAHO, for ***** sake. I was at the game and they did NOT look like a top 10 team.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner

OU-23
FSU-13
hell yes! good game indeed!

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
^^^ to bad our qb and reciver were hurt. That game would have turned out a lot different.
blah blah blah, excuses are like *** holes, everyone has them and they ALL STINK!!!

Originally Posted by Duffster
blah blah... games are won by the team who puts the ball across the goal line or uprights more than their competitor, plain and simple. Injuries happen (look at OU's history) and either the team adjust or doesn't. Or simply put, stop whining!
exactly. It was a GREAT game. OU struggled but so did FSU, but OU came up and won, and when tested came through and pulled it out, that's what #1 ranked teams. For crying out loud, this might as well been a bowl game, OU's 2nd game playing a top 5 team? crying out loud the players are not even ready yet, but oh well. I'm glad we won! BOOMER SOONER!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
Well that's really a poor excuse considering how good Trickett was playing and the fact that EJ overthrew a few open receivers and had a couple of pics. Hell FSU's only TD pass was a true freshman QB to a true freshman receiver, the freshman were coming up clutch in a game against the #1 team in the nation i'd take that and not be bitching about it. Reason FSU couldn't win is b/c of that stellar performance from OU's defense. OU held FSU to 27 yards rushing on 27 carries. If you take out the QB runs and sake yards FSU's running backs only actually got 4 net rushing yards on 13 carries, they were clearly dominant in run defense making FSU one dimensional. And supposedly OU's defense was the "weak link" for a potential championship squad, well all those doubters couldn't have been more wrong after seeing last night's physical performance on the road in that hostile environment. That was probably a tougher win than the 2000 championship game for OU. Not to mention that was probably the best defense we'll play all year, so i'm predicting nothing but greatness for OU this year so everyone better get ready.

So NO the game wouldn't have turned out a lot different, sorry to burst your bubble but you gotta give credit where credit is due and to the victor goes the praise.
Well said sir!!

BOOMER SOONER!!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I flew out to Los Angeles to watch my boys at the Rose Bowl this weekend.

How were all of you t-shirt fans doing this weekend?

Old 09-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
I flew out to Los Angeles to watch my boys at the Rose Bowl this weekend.

How were all of you t-shirt fans doing this weekend?

i am jealous sir! our boys looked great... HOOK EM!! \\m//