think I've got rats

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after the rats ate my hdmi cable to my tv two times in a row i caught them with sticky traps from walmart and just the regular old school traps. i bated them with cheese penut butter and cat food. once i got the last two on the sticky traps i took them outside, torched them with my propane flame thrower torch until they turned red hot. Threw them in the dumpster after that.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KL20
Damn if I had 21 pour out I'd scream like a little bitch! LOL!

Well I went and bought new bottom panels, painted and cut them. Began taking off the old ones and found a few holes....... no rodents. Sooooooo, I laid out glue traps and pellet trays and put the new wood over the old since I was afraid to rip them all the way off due to what looked like rotting crossbeams. Guess I'll see if it works or not.
Good luck with the sticky traps, i used those, and i could see their little hand prints all over around the outer sections where the little smart asses were "testing" the product. It is as if they were giving me hell saying "Look, this doesnt work, lets leave out finger prints so he knows we were here".

As many as there were, i only thought 2. At night, while i tried to sleep i would hear them rustling in the attic. The decon pellets did the trick, asides from the dead carcasses.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks cause if I have to do it again, I've gotta take all my appliances out and redo the cabinetry.