Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tony needs to give dallas a big ole mouth hug. dallas ftmfl
Old 09-14-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
I'm down for this again lol The boys will go further than the texans!
The blocked punt is what actually lost the game for the cowboys, not all romo. Yeah he made a dumb throw but he shouldn't have had to be throwing the ball.
Also that fumble, was a forced fumble he didn't just lose the ball. And I blame the coach for that 100%, he shouldn't have been in that situation either. No reason not to be running the ball on the 1 yard line...
i agree with you, the coach is def to blame for having a pass play called on the 1 yard line whether you have a weak running game or not, if you up you run the ball and at worst settle for a field goal (given your rb doesnt fumble as well) BUT romo is def still to blame i mean he made stupid mistakes just like shaub is capable of making. shaub did it to us last year and lost a few games single handedly. shaub and romo are comparable when it comes to **** up's. shaub likes to fumble and thorw int's in critical situations. but i still think that shaub is better than romo hands down however i dont think shaub will ever be a manning or brady, but i do think he has enough to maybe one day get us to a super bowl (not saying this year, but sometime in the near future im hoping)

GO TEXANS!

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Too many fairweather fans around here, its funny every year all the smack gets talked. In the end texans where just as shitty last year and wont be any better this year. How many injuries the texans got going on (serious question)? The cowboys complete secondary is fucked, our front 7 is beast and it is what pretty much kept the game locked for 3 out of 4 quarters.
like someone else says we always have a reason every year to be optimistic however in the past the texans have failed us, i have said this every year for the past 2-3 years but im hoping this year will be diff.

as for injuries: foster is still dealing with the hammi, keven walters does not have a broken shoulder/collar bone it's just a bruise and is day to day, ward has a ankle injury (not sure of the severity but i dont think it's anything serious), and for some reason mario is appearntly still dealing with his groin injury which is what haulted him last year. i think foster should sit out this week for sure against miami and maybe come back for the saints but not for the whole game. that way he should be nice and healed for pittsburg where we are prob going to need him.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
Lol @ pro sports these days. It's such a waste of time. Watching grown men play for money and nothing else.

Please pull your head out of your ***. Have you not watched the NFL in the last 5 years in depth? You can't produce a better pro-sport, and the playoffs have been incredible, including the Superbowls.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
i agree with you, the coach is def to blame for having a pass play called on the 1 yard line whether you have a weak running game or not, if you up you run the ball and at worst settle for a field goal (given your rb doesnt fumble as well) BUT romo is def still to blame i mean he made stupid mistakes just like shaub is capable of making. shaub did it to us last year and lost a few games single handedly. shaub and romo are comparable when it comes to **** up's. shaub likes to fumble and thorw int's in critical situations. but i still think that shaub is better than romo hands down however i dont think shaub will ever be a manning or brady, but i do think he has enough to maybe one day get us to a super bowl (not saying this year, but sometime in the near future im hoping)

GO TEXANS!

like someone else says we always have a reason every year to be optimistic however in the past the texans have failed us, i have said this every year for the past 2-3 years but im hoping this year will be diff.

as for injuries: foster is still dealing with the hammi, keven walters does not have a broken shoulder/collar bone it's just a bruise and is day to day, ward has a ankle injury (not sure of the severity but i dont think it's anything serious), and for some reason mario is appearntly still dealing with his groin injury which is what haulted him last year. i think foster should sit out this week for sure against miami and maybe come back for the saints but not for the whole game. that way he should be nice and healed for pittsburg where we are prob going to need him.
Yeah they both screw at the absolute wrong points in the game lol
But they're both good enough to go all the way talent wise.
Idk I just wanna see the texans at least get to the playoffs before the fans start talking ****...
Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a big cowboys fan but I'm not a big HOMO fan.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Do you have any hobbies slow lsx?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

I sent Romo flowers for throwing directly to Revis. GO JETS!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

No, because I was to busy hanging out with my family, running a multi million dollar business. Enjoying life. You know important stuff. Not watching over paid whiney b**tches cry about $$$ and expect they deserve all this. See that's the problem, you think these men are Gods because they play a sport just above the average citizen, you know something you do for fun and because you love it in highschool and what not. No football player should be making more than 300k a year and of you think I'm wrong you should be locked up in a insane asylum. Maybe one day you will wake up and realize all that dumbass merchandise you buy is just filling the pockets of the rich. And don't get me started about going to a game that's just the dumbest thing you can do. Being surrounded by a bunch of drunk idiots or a bunch of disrespect f**k heads who care only for themselves. It's all a joke and you sir are a joke for thinking anything I said was untrue.
Hey dont mix Texan fans with the rest of the country.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Cowboys and Jets can kiss my White Southern Houston Texan *** Texans FTW! And when Peyton comes back our defense is gonna bust that ***!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Romo critics have been waiting a long time for some ammo. Its been a while since he has made a bone headed move at a critical time in a game. Its been a while since I have seen the infamous Seahawks picture, and I always cry a little inside when I see it, because it's so tough for me to accept that Romo is not a good holder.

But really, the choker title he has is so silly, and unfounded.
The list of QB's rated higher than Romo in the 4th quarter with a game within 7 points is a short one. Well, actually it's only one person long.... Peyton Manning
His record in games where where he's lead or been tied in the last 5 minutes of a game is 18 - 5. The interception to Revis is only the second one he has thrown in those types of situations. He has completed 20 of 33 passes for 432 yards with 5 touchdowns and two interceptions in those situations. In the 4th quarter, when trailing by <8, Romo converts scoring drives at a higher rate than Tom Brady.

His interception was really unexplainable, and stupid. I can't really fault him for the fumble. Romo put up more passing yards on the Jets defense than anyone else since Rex has taken over. His passer rating was 102 in the game (average rating is 60 something). If the guy didn't play like he did for the first 50 minutes, than the team couldn't have lost like they did.

I know I sound like a geek with all these booger eating stats, but my goodness, should have picked up Newton??? Should just play Kitna? Are you freaking kidding me?

The guy plays golf. The guy botched a snap. The guy went to Cabo the week before he lost to the Giants. He's dated celebrities. And Sunday night, he threw an interception (admittedly a stupid one) against the best pass defense in the league.

Everyone has there stigma against Romo, and yes, his name does rhyme with "Homo", but surely you can't think there are 24 QB's in the league that are better than him. Do you think that Schaub is better than Romo?

I am wasting my time. This will prove to be futile... Cowboys fans nor Texans fans can look at Romo objectively, so everyone just keep crucifying him. But I have to tell you, you really should educate yourselves.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 PM

With the reciever corp he has I think there are quite a few qbs out there that could throw up the stats he does. Definitely not 24 but there are plenty out there. Romos worst enemy is himself. He is a good qb when he's good and a bad qb when he's bad. He finds a way on a regular basis to sabotage the good that he's done.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

No, because I was to busy hanging out with my family, running a multi million dollar business. Enjoying life. You know important stuff. Not watching over paid whiney b**tches cry about $$$ and expect they deserve all this. See that's the problem, you think these men are Gods because they play a sport just above the average citizen, you know something you do for fun and because you love it in highschool and what not. No football player should be making more than 300k a year and of you think I'm wrong you should be locked up in a insane asylum. Maybe one day you will wake up and realize all that dumbass merchandise you buy is just filling the pockets of the rich. And don't get me started about going to a game that's just the dumbest thing you can do. Being surrounded by a bunch of drunk idiots or a bunch of disrespect f**k heads who care only for themselves. It's all a joke and you sir are a joke for thinking anything I said was untrue.
Awesome!

and romo needs to learn a thing called situational awareness...up by seven with less than 10 minutes to go, and all he has to do is hold on to the ball, to get 3 points and go up by 2 scores. instead he falls awkwardly with one hand on the ball and coughs it up.

then, he tops that by gifting the jets the game winning field goal...

Last edited by wowsers; 09-14-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Romo critics have been waiting a long time for some ammo. Its been a while since he has made a bone headed move at a critical time in a game. Its been a while since I have seen the infamous Seahawks picture, and I always cry a little inside when I see it, because it's so tough for me to accept that Romo is not a good holder.

But really, the choker title he has is so silly, and unfounded.
The list of QB's rated higher than Romo in the 4th quarter with a game within 7 points is a short one. Well, actually it's only one person long.... Peyton Manning
His record in games where where he's lead or been tied in the last 5 minutes of a game is 18 - 5. The interception to Revis is only the second one he has thrown in those types of situations. He has completed 20 of 33 passes for 432 yards with 5 touchdowns and two interceptions in those situations. In the 4th quarter, when trailing by <8, Romo converts scoring drives at a higher rate than Tom Brady.

His interception was really unexplainable, and stupid. I can't really fault him for the fumble. Romo put up more passing yards on the Jets defense than anyone else since Rex has taken over. His passer rating was 102 in the game (average rating is 60 something). If the guy didn't play like he did for the first 50 minutes, than the team couldn't have lost like they did.

I know I sound like a geek with all these booger eating stats, but my goodness, should have picked up Newton??? Should just play Kitna? Are you freaking kidding me?

The guy plays golf. The guy botched a snap. The guy went to Cabo the week before he lost to the Giants. He's dated celebrities. And Sunday night, he threw an interception (admittedly a stupid one) against the best pass defense in the league.

Everyone has there stigma against Romo, and yes, his name does rhyme with "Homo", but surely you can't think there are 24 QB's in the league that are better than him. Do you think that Schaub is better than Romo?

I am wasting my time. This will prove to be futile... Cowboys fans nor Texans fans can look at Romo objectively, so everyone just keep crucifying him. But I have to tell you, you really should educate yourselves.
I couldn't agree more, I was going to post these same stats but I figured I'd be wasting my time. The guy isn't anywhere near as bad as everyone is making him out to be.
I'm glad he's on my team!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
With the reciever corp he has I think there are quite a few qbs out there that could throw up the stats he does. Definitely not 24 but there are plenty out there. Romos worst enemy is himself. He is a good qb when he's good and a bad qb when he's bad. He finds a way on a regular basis to sabotage the good that he's done.
I don't get how people are saying that he struggles so consistently... he doesn't. Does anyone actually watch the games, or does everyone just parrot the old washed up quarterbacks commentating on ESPN? The numbers don't lie.

And what is this about his receiving corps? He has always had Jason Witten, but there has been a big turn around of wide receivers. Certainly you don't believe that TO, and Patrick Crayton were the best tandem in the league at the time do you?

EDIT: What you said about the WR corp kind of bugged me. When you watch these games, do you not see the throws he is making? Some of the throws that he can make are just ridiculous regardless of who is catching it. Saying that Romo can only put up stats because he has good wide receivers is ignorant. His career passer rating his 4th ALL TIME and he is also 4th ALL TIME in yards per attempt. I just can't fathom how you guys are acting like he is some bum, and how you in particular are acting like the Cowboys need to get rid of him. That is just insane.

Originally Posted by wowsers
Awesome!

and romo needs to learn a thing called situational awareness...up by seven with less than 10 minutes to go, and all he has to do is hold on to the ball, to get 3 points and go up by 2 scores. instead he falls awkwardly with one hand on the ball and coughs it up.

then, he tops that by gifting the jets the game winning field goal...
It's the play calling my man. Romo shouldn't have been passing the ball at the goal line anyway. They should have been running the ball in and draining that clock down. Jason Garrett gets cute like that a lot, and it's always risky business.

Sometimes when debating football, it feels like I am arguing with a guy that will not accept that a K&N filter will not actually give him 75HP, or that an IROC is not actually the fastest car on the road.

Uggg...... and Cowboys fans going into Texans fan threads and vice versa is so dumb. Its like rednecks arguing Ford vs. Chevy, or Jimmy vs. Jr.

I give up....

Last edited by Juicy J; 09-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

he has no control over what gets called but that doesnt let him off the hook for screwing it up...he can throw the ball away and then we can bitch about jason garrett being an idiot.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go Lions! LOL
Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I don't get how people are saying that he struggles so consistently... he doesn't. Does anyone actually watch the games, or does everyone just parrot the old washed up quarterbacks commentating on ESPN? The numbers don't lie.

And what is this about his receiving corps? He has always had Jason Witten, but there has been a big turn around of wide receivers. Certainly you don't believe that TO, and Patrick Crayton were the best tandem in the league at the time do you?

EDIT: What you said about the WR corp kind of bugged me. When you watch these games, do you not see the throws he is making? Some of the throws that he can make are just ridiculous regardless of who is catching it. Saying that Romo can only put up stats because he has good wide receivers is ignorant. His career passer rating his 4th ALL TIME and he is also 4th ALL TIME in yards per attempt. I just can't fathom how you guys are acting like he is some bum, and how you in particular are acting like the Cowboys need to get rid of him. That is just insane.

It's the play calling my man. Romo shouldn't have been passing the ball at the goal line anyway. They should have been running the ball in and draining that clock down. Jason Garrett gets cute like that a lot, and it's always risky business.

Sometimes when debating football, it feels like I am arguing with a guy that will not accept that a K&N filter will not actually give him 75HP, or that an IROC is not actually the fastest car on the road.

Uggg...... and Cowboys fans going into Texans fan threads and vice versa is so dumb. Its like rednecks arguing Ford vs. Chevy, or Jimmy vs. Jr.

I give up....
Because stats don't necessarily equate to a winning record and this is a perfect example of it. Sure D and special teams factor into it but a vast majority of our losing games can be tied back to bonehead moves on Romos part.

He certainly hasn't had a consistant stable of receivers but he's damn sure had plenty of talent. Crayton did alright, Austin is pretty good, of course Whitten, and now Bryant. He hasn't had scrubs out there ******** ***** for him. I agree TO was an overrated POS as was Roy Williams as much as I hate to admit that being a longhorn fan and all.

The debate on Romo really is a personal opinion and point of view argument so there's really no right answer but what is quantifiable is that he isn't winning us games and turning the ball over. He needs to learn when to cut his losses and throw away the ball.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wowsers
he has no control over what gets called but that doesnt let him off the hook for screwing it up...he can throw the ball away and then we can bitch about jason garrett being an idiot.
Why don't you bitch about Jason Witten getting knocked out by a DB, instead of going in for the TD? Why don't you bitch about the punt team letting free runners through? There are 53 men on a roster.

I heard Colin Cowherd say something I really liked the other day. If your QB never takes any chances, you end up with Matt Cassel. Your QB's going to make some plays sometimes, and sometimes he is going to give up the ball. The only person that can make plays without turning the ball over is Tom Brady. But, if you go back and look, Tony Romo doesn't give up the ball excessively, and he does a great job of protecting it in the 4th quarter, which is of course what everyone is bitching about.

I guess this all comes with being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, but you are a fool if you think Romo can't play, or is incapable of winning you a lot of games. Period.

Cowboys fans are dismissing the facts because they are emotional about a close loss. Texans fans dismiss the facts because they want to put down the Cowboys. But none of you are coming in here with any facts. You are talking **** about him for a quality that he really doesn't have.

I for one am pumped up after the way that team played. The passing game was ridiculous, and the defense played way above my expectations. And how about Sean Lee? That kid is all over the place. Going to be a superstar.

Ok, really... I am done now.. or at least until I can't help myself.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:38 PM

I think you're just a bit too hung up on numbers. Would you consider Romo a better qb than Favre?

Quick Reply: Homo romo strikes again