A Little About DFW Charity Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Little About DFW Charity Racing

Most everyone who has visited this section of the forum have seen the DFW Charity Racing, or CRL for short, events posted over the years. Many of you have even attended one of our events. But I don't think many know what we truly are. This is not a post to recruit members or to get you to donate to our cause. If anything, please see this as an invitation to share the information it contains with a family that may need our help.

DFW Charity Racing League was formed as a grassroots effort to help families who often do not fit into the larger more popular non-profit organizations or government aid guidelines. Even those that qualify for and receive the meager government aid still may not be able to make ends meet. In many cases one wage earner must stay home to care for the special needs child or pay the high cost of a professional medical sitter. Thus begins their spiral downward financially. We are here to help fill that financial gap. As a "gearhead" organization that is "Driven to Help", our purpose is to help alleviate their severe financial burdens by assisting with funds raised at local car-related events like car shows, cruises, car washes, and more. Instead of giving direct money, we help provide the things that are either a necessity our comfort to the special needs child. Items like swimming aides, specialized beds or seating, diapers, and much more. We also endeavor to coordinate with other organizations with similar objectives.

Our IRS designation as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization is your assurance every penny we make will be put to good use in helping local families with special needs children. We have no paid employees, and every dollar is spent judiciously.

Over our years of helping we have learned that these families are encouraged not only by the assistance we provide but by giving them the assurance that they are not alone in their struggles. In addition to just providing assistance through financial means, we can help put them on the path to getting supplemental government programs and help guide them through the miles of red tape.

Here is a YouTube video of some of the families we have helped over the years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYVy_kF_gUc

If you know someone that may benefit from our assistance, please pass this information along. You can reach us at any of the methods below.

Email us at: info@DFWcharityracing.com

Send a letter to:
DFW Charity Racing
2505 Dove Meadow Drive
Garland, TX 75043

Post on our forums: http://www.DFWcharityracing.com

Post up here. I, or one of our other board of directors, will contact you.

Or PM me. Like posting up here, I, or one of our other board of directors, will contact you.

I hope you will take a minute and pass this information along to anyone that may need it.

Thank you,
Brian Harris
DFW Charity Racing Board of Directors