Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Go Reef asses!!!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LCTA
This is a very similar to what the Michigan Wolverines have, and I am a die hard Maize and Blue fan.

Michigan is the all time winningest college football program in history. They also hold the most national championships, and many other huge records. BUT, they haven't won one since 1997, and hadn't won **** the previous 50 years prior to that. Their records/streaks/nationsal championships at the beginning of the century will never be matched again. Does that mean **** now? NO! Is it cool to have history like that? YES! With your thinking, that means I can go up to every college football fan I know and tell them how much Michigan beat their asses in the 20's.......

I love my Wolverines as much as you do your Cowboys, but wake up dude, neither one of them has done **** in a hell of a long time.......winning 1 or 2 playoff games or a couple Meineke Car Care bowl games ain't **** in my book.

I hope the Cowboys do well, because football is better with them being good. If you have ever played or coached any sports, the only time you look to the past is when you are watching tape or going over notes from a previous game.......otherwise, what happened last year or 25 years ago don't mean a GD thing today. I am pretty sure Tony Romo and Denard Robinson are not watching tape from the Cowboys/Wolverines mid 90's Super Bowls/NC games before each of their starts.
Dude I know that the past doesn't really matter right now, but he brought up it took the cowboys 11 years to win a superbowl. So I posted how much better the cowboys were when they first started. Thats it not a big deal I'm not tryin to throw the past in their face.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
wooooooooooo, I go on vacation and come back to a continuation of last years **** talking. Oh wait this is a new year, keep all the **** talking coming.

Oh yeah, you do know they played the high powered niners right?
You do know they played without a list of our starters right? And romo played with a broken rib and punctured lung...oh not to mention the niners have some decent players on that team. Besides the qb he's horrible.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:58 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Go Reef asses!!!

My new favorite team!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
You do know they played without a list of our starters right? And romo played with a broken rib and punctured lung...oh not to mention the niners have some decent players on that team. Besides the qb he's horrible.
Geez, you guys never quit. "We are missing this player or that player". What does it matter, you play with the team that is put on the field. And you say it yourself, the qb for the niners suck so that makes up for the cowgirls missing starters. Without a qb you have nothing, look at the Colts, they are doomed with out Manning. Lets revisit this in 14 weeks when it matters.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Texans played without the help of NFL's leading rusher. They still played well
Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

For your sanity, it's best to not argue with these ignorants. They hate anything Dallas-related and will do anything possible to discredit them. Best to just sit back and wait for the mid-season meltdown.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tripps
For your sanity, it's best to not argue with these ignorants. They hate anything Dallas-related and will do anything possible to discredit them. Best to just sit back and wait for the mid-season meltdown.

Agreed. Look at this thread......probably half of those posting are Cowboys fans bashing Houston. Go over to the "Go Cowboys" thread, and you got a couple of Houston guys bashing them. To them their comments have validity because their teams were contenders nearly 20 years ago.

I guess I am a different animal, but I don't give a rats *** if the Texans make the playoffs. I want my teams to win, and win the whole GD thing. Playoff losers still get to watch the Super Bowl from home just like the Cowboys teams did the first 11 years. Again, if you have not played or coached at a high level, you will never understand my comments.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LCTA
Agreed. Look at this thread......probably half of those posting are Cowboys fans bashing Houston. Go over to the "Go Cowboys" thread, and you got a couple of Houston guys bashing them. To them their comments have validity because their teams were contenders nearly 20 years ago.

I guess I am a different animal, but I don't give a rats *** if the Texans make the playoffs. I want my teams to win, and win the whole GD thing. Playoff losers still get to watch the Super Bowl from home just like the Cowboys teams did the first 11 years. Again, if you have not played or coached at a high level, you will never understand my comments.
I have not played or coached at a high level and I understand your comments.

2nd place is the first loser.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Launching!

Yeah thats pretty much what I'm gonna do.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll have your heart broken
but we have hope, at least with Romo in there its not a matter of if, but when ya'lls will be broken.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

You guys are the ones in the "Go Texans!" thread.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

You guys are the ones in the "Go Texans!" thread.
Because some Texans fans invited us in here for some civilized discussion over beer. I get in here, and no beer...
Old 09-20-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Because some Texans fans invited us in here for some civilized discussion over beer. I get in here, and no beer...
Those bastards!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Just for the record, I've disliked the Cowboys since the 1970s. Before most of you were born. Even when Houston didn't have a team, I still didn't like the Cowboys. Most people who were raised in Houston would share a similar sentiment, unless they grew up in some bandwagon sports household.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Just for the record, I've disliked the Cowboys since the 1970s. Before most of you were born. Even when Houston didn't have a team, I still didn't like the Cowboys. Most people who were raised in Houston would share a similar sentiment, unless they grew up in some bandwagon sports household.
eggzachary
Old 09-20-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

unless they grew up in some bandwagon sports household.
These are the worst of all Cowboys fans.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Excellent point! You do not know how much I can't stand the Cowboys fans who also happen to be Yankee fans.......and Fighting Irish fans.......and Duke Fans. Maybe I have just been unlucky enough to have to deals with those people all too often, do you guys see that too?

Me, I love Michigan, but when I played football and basketball, they were one of the programs who scouted where I was at, and that was back when UM played smashmouth football and they had the Fab Five. I loved the way the football and basketball team played and loved the coaches. Now, I root for the hometown schools, especially Rice.....hoping my boy will find his way there playing baseball.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Go Reef asses!!!

Hey hey my kinda party