2008 Chevy Tahoe LT-P0121, Service TCS, Service ABS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2008 Chevy Tahoe LT-P0121, Service TCS, Service ABS

I stopped by Mac Haik Chevy during my lunch break and they wanted to keep it overnight before they could even have a look at it. Maybe I'll bring it back there over the weekend

Ok, I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LT. The truck went into storage 3 months ago and came out with a dead battery. The battery was charged and when started the cluster showed "Service Traction, Service Stabilitrak, Service ABS" Then after 2 drive cycles or so a P0121 code popped up.

The car drives 100% perfectly but in addition to the code and lights the power door locks do not function. When pressed, the only response is a faint "tick" sound coming from one of the inside fuse boxes under the steering column (not the fuse box nearest to the drivers side door).

So far I have tried unhooking the terminals overnight and I have checked every fuse in the engine bay as well as most of the ones I felt were relevant inside the cabin. I have cleared the P0121 and also tried to disable it by unchecking the SES box and choosing NO MIL within HPTuners.

Again, mechanically the truck seems flawless, no stuttering/hesitation, starts right up and drives like a dream. These electrical issues have me stumped. I would like to take some time to check for frayed wiring but have not gotten around to it yet. Where is the BCM located on these trucks? Are TCS/ABS and stabilitrak all BCM controlled?

I was logging for a bit the other night and under "Status Bits" I would get an intermittent "MAP 1 Fail: Yes" and "TPS Fail: Yes"
Old 10-04-2011, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leave battery unhooked for about 30 minutes and try it again. If not the battery sounds fried and not putting out the correct voltage for the BCM, PCM, etc.

Quick Reply: 2008 Chevy Tahoe LT-P0121, Service TCS, Service ABS