How do you sell a car you owe on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do you sell a car you owe on?

Long story short.. my wife got a new car and now I have her old one and the payment that goes with it. Its a 05 Jeep Liberty Renegade with 70k on it. I don't hate it but I would rather be driving something else.I have my eye on a 00 SS.
I know I could trade it in but I could end up upsidedown because we owe 10K on it. Any advice would be apreciated.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have the buyer meet you at the bank that the loan is with and bring the money - the bank will handle everything and then they will get the title in the mail. If you have specific questions, I'd talk to your bank/loan agent
Old 10-10-2011, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
You have the buyer meet you at the bank that the loan is with and bring the money - the bank will handle everything and then they will get the title in the mail. If you have specific questions, I'd talk to your bank/loan agent
It was finanaced at the dealer with a third party lender.. that won't work.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSCha0s
It was finanaced at the dealer with a third party lender.. that won't work.
you call whoever you make payments too and they walk you through it. Basically you sign some papers, the buyer signs some papers and it's done. It's easy and the bank will walk you through it. It's done all the time. I picked up a guy at IAH and we signed the paperwork and he drove away with my S5.

No biggie.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did this with toyota once basically toyota financial services gave me some forms filled them out, went to the buyers bank got a check, we both went to ups and mailed, we both got confirmations, then they got the title in the mail. Also we filled out a bill of sale and something else to have proof they bought it, which we also had notorized at the bank. Its not hard at all just have to be prepared and have trust on both sides! GL
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool guys!!
Thanks, I never thought to contact my lender. Never thought they would do that. I'm an Idiot