Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
Just wait, it will all make sense soon.

Originally Posted by 98Aggie
Heard it didn't survive at the LSx shootout

They ran it at 1/4 at shootout or dyno ?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody must have some serious money to keep funding the motors that vette keeps eating
Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Somebody must have some serious money to keep funding the motors that vette keeps eating
I know! I wish I could find someone dumb to let me race there car and when I break it they pay me to fix it. Also I cant beleave these people are afraid to drive there own car, what is the thrill of watching your car and not racing it. I think I would rather light my money on fire.
But thats just me.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
i'll tell you most would disagree with you.
That is by the dumbest thing I have ever read. I have a buddy that has ran every mile since before SW ran his time. he has ran within 2mph ever time he has been, with out adding any hp both tracks. the car has gone a best of 199 and never slow then 195. People need to stop making excuses, and except what there car ran, If there not happy with the track then why go.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NVR4GET
SW also had 500RWHP less then LMR 1800rwhp car. I dont know about you but I would take 1800rwhp and a head wind, then 1300rwhp and no head wind.
So you're saying the best drivers + cars come from Austin!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You obviously know nothing about the car. It isnt blown up. It didnt run in the shootout. They are saving it for Houston vs Dallas.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR4GET
That is by the dumbest thing I have ever read. I have a buddy that has ran every mile since before SW ran his time. he has ran within 2mph ever time he has been, with out adding any hp both tracks. the car has gone a best of 199 and never slow then 195. People need to stop making excuses, and except what there car ran, If there not happy with the track then why go.
You do realize that wind resistance is an exponential thing, right? The faster you go, the worse it gets by more than a factor of speed alone. Speed is linear, wind resistance jumps up much faster, they are not relative. 200 mph is one thing, but 240+ mph is an entirely different ballpark. Not even comparable in terms of forces.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
You do realize that wind resistance is an exponential thing, right? The faster you go, the worse it gets by more than a factor of speed alone. Speed is linear, wind resistance jumps up much faster, they are not relative. 200 mph is one thing, but 240+ mph is an entirely different ballpark. Not even comparable in terms of forces.
Just when a thread is getting amusing, someone has to come in and provide mathematical facts.

Who needs physics when you've got a friend that knows a guy who...
Old 10-27-2011, 09:44 AM
LS7 Member

You mean it's hard to go 260?? LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I don't see anyone going 260 on this current track. In order to hit that number, they would need a well prepped launch section and to be able to run full throttle in 1st gear. Not likely.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM
8 Second Club

I don't see anyone going 260 on this current track. In order to hit that number, they would need a well prepped launch section and to be able to run full throttle in 1st gear. Not likely.
But I had a bet that they couldn't do it on their first outting Tony. It's easy I was told and that other people didn't know what they were doing!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98Aggie
LMR went 246 and some change but hurt the motor.

A Ford GT went 236

GTR 212

G-force Nascar build didn't get a full run in today went 191mph at the half mile - see if they have enough to push it 240+.. FYI LMR trapped 194mph at the half mile mark
We went 216.9 and 216.8 in the GT-R, but the wind was killing it for us and others. We were hoping for 220+, but oh well. We still set the fastest GT-R record, so we decided to pack it up early Sunday.

G-Force Nascar ended up going 23x Sunday

LMR car just can't put the power down. I seen it literally spin past the 1/2 mile and still go 242 on a pass Fri. night on 20 or 25 psi. That is one bad b!tch!!

Originally Posted by 2thDr
I hit 189 mph in the half mile.
that was moving..congrats

They need to get the surface in check so nothing major occurs. The 1/4 bump and finish line bump is going to get someone hurt. The GTM was one of the unfortunate people sunday that lost it due the bump on Sunday.

This was my first time attending and overall had a great time and look to be back.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Chris, that whole betting discussion was dumb. Continuing to bring it up a year later.... even more ghey. Are you saying you've never been wrong before? It isn't like they aren't trying to go faster here, give them some credit for keeping at it.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 PM
8 Second Club

Chris, that whole betting discussion was dumb. Continuing to bring it up a year later.... even more ghey. Are you saying you've never been wrong before? It isn't like they aren't trying to go faster here, give them some credit for keeping at it.
If we would have lost and not paid you and a few others would be the first to talk **** since they are the new go to shop if you need anything. It's funny how Tyler, Gray, you, etc.. will all bad mouth and bring up stories about the shop yet on here it's like omg the ***** taste so good... Their work is bad *** and I've never doubted that. Hell I've used Josh to weld stuff for me multiple times. Remember though at the shop he was the one that was yelling and screaming he would take anyone's bet. Paul, Jordan, Steven, Joe, etc. were all there to hear it in person when he said he would match any bet. I'm sorry you weren't there to hear it...

I've been wrong plenty of times (but also been right plenty of times) but you know if I had a chump change $1000 bet according to Josh I would have paid it, same with Matt. The money isn't a big thing to us, you and I know that. We could careless, but it's the fact that we didn't get paid on such a chump change bet according to Josh. The last few times we've been to Vegas in the last year that extra $1k would have made for an extra hour at the craps table... Just saying!

And I'm sure someone will bring up the "Well why don't you all build one if it's not a problem of money?" Well we could and have talked about it, but there are plenty of other reasons why it's not worth it. Matt and I both recently moved to new houses, so we are busy changing things at the houses (pool, patio, etc) and we are also getting more rental properties. I'd rather make money not scare (waste) money LOL!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
If we would have lost and not paid you and a few others would be the first to talk **** since they are the new go to shop if you need anything. It's funny how Tyler, Gray, you, etc.. will all bad mouth and bring up stories about the shop yet on here it's like omg the ***** taste so good... Their work is bad *** and I've never doubted that. Hell I've used Josh to weld stuff for me multiple times. Remember though at the shop he was the one that was yelling and screaming he would take anyone's bet. Paul, Jordan, Steven, Joe, etc. were all there to hear it in person when he said he would match any bet. I'm sorry you weren't there to hear it...

I've been wrong plenty of times (but also been right plenty of times) but you know if I had a chump change $1000 bet according to Josh I would have paid it, same with Matt. The money isn't a big thing to us, you and I know that. We could careless, but it's the fact that we didn't get paid on such a chump change bet according to Josh. The last few times we've been to Vegas in the last year that extra $1k would have made for an extra hour at the craps table... Just saying!

And I'm sure someone will bring up the "Well why don't you all build one if it's not a problem of money?" Well we could and have talked about it, but there are plenty of other reasons why it's not worth it. Matt and I both recently moved to new houses, so we are busy changing things at the houses (pool, patio, etc) and we are also getting more rental properties. I'd rather make money not scare (waste) money LOL!
Gimme sum mohneez!

We need to get all of the **** talkers on this site together (without alcohol) and laugh at how courteous our conversation is.

Last edited by -Ross-; 10-27-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Powell, I believe Duy had a bet in that thread too. Something about a Supra would go faster than LMR? He was wrong, and you don't see LMR bring it up every time the mile is mentioned.

As for the go-to shop of my choice, I believe it is in my own back yard. I also have my own LLC, so I buy parts at cost through my own business. I am friends with the LMR guys though, and Joe does my tuning. My HOA wouldn't like it if I had a dynojet in my own backyard.

Let it go man. We've all known eachother over a decade now, the childish stuff will seem very silly once you grow up a little more. You've always been mouthy, but I can tell you are mellowing out a little more with age. haha

Peace!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Gimme sum mohneez!

We need to get all of the **** talkers on this site together (without alcohol) and laugh at how courteous our conversation is.
I trade beer if you help battle mosquito issue... My Cutter didn't work and I have a feeling if it rains today they are coming back like a boss!

It is funny though remember Peter Blach (HoustonT) and I use to just go back and fourth on the forums 24/7. You know we met at TX2K8 for the first time and since then we've been friends since. Duy and I were the same, but you know I've been out to bars and even Vegas with him (long story short Duy made me look like a LIGHT weight ).

Josh and I have gone back and fourth on the forums since I was 17. Hell at MTI, LMR, etc... even. But he's also helped me multiple times at HMP, HRP, etc with my old car and even my current car. He's dropped what he's doing to come bs and show me some of the shop projects along side with Steven. The guys at LMR are all good people, and I've NEVER said they weren't. Hell during all the smack talk and drama a year or two ago I was eating lunch with all the guys up there.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
8 Second Club

Powell, I believe Duy had a bet in that thread too. Something about a Supra would go faster than LMR? He was wrong, and you don't see LMR bring it up every time the mile is mentioned.

As for the go-to shop of my choice, I believe it is in my own back yard. I also have my own LLC, so I buy parts at cost through my own business. I am friends with the LMR guys though, and Joe does my tuning. My HOA wouldn't like it if I had a dynojet in my own backyard.

Let it go man. We've all known eachother over a decade now, the childish stuff will seem very silly once you grow up a little more. You've always been mouthy, but I can tell you are mellowing out a little more with age. haha

Peace!
HOA and I have already done battle MULTIPLE times this year but man I'd love to put in a dyno just to see the reactions of everyone. LOL! I didn't see it NOT in the HOA... LOL! I have exhaust and cutouts on the car because I got multiple complaints from the neighbors, HOA President, etc... The parts FINALLY came in so now I'm playing even nicer!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
I trade beer if you help battle mosquito issue... My Cutter didn't work and I have a feeling if it rains today they are coming back like a boss!
Can't chance it. You and I both know if I get pulled over in a gated community in Friendswood and they see I have an Alvin address, I'm going straight to jail. LOL!

I REALLY hope that was the last of them! Last weekend was the worst mosquito infestation I've ever seen. My Cutter helped out a lot though!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by nastychevelle
You obviously know nothing about the car. It isnt blown up. It didnt run in the shootout. They are saving it for Houston vs Dallas.
Ive also seen a lot posted on forums before that absolutely wrong and/or flat out lies so...

I could give two ***** whether the car has a blown motor or not, its just fun to see all the **** talking for nothing.