San Antonio Modern Muscle Hill Country Cruise - 11/6/2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IVRedZ28LS1
To begin with weather sucked it rain on us. Second got stuck in construction on I 10 while heading to kerrville. Third some crazy lady cut me and other fellow f body drivers while cruising on I 10. Crazy biotch! Overall very poorly organized cruise! Kept getting left behind at stops. No communication with others who participated on the cruise there was no communication at all on when to leave as a group for those who attended the cruise. And overall a lot of wreckless driving done by some not all. Almost witness a head on collision by one driver that attended the cruise.
Hey bro I understand you had your family in your car and respect that. But I did try to go up to everyone and when it was time to leave at each stop we made. Sorry if I didn't come up to you personally and tell you it was time to go. There were a lot of new faces and I didn't get to meet everyone and catch everyone's name.

And reckless driving will happen. We are out on the open road and having fun, people are gonna speed and haul ***. That was also the point of us hitting the twisties up (which Park Road 37 was ******* awesome).

People did manage to get left behind due to traffic or them staying behind at the next stop. That's why I stopped twice to wait for the people that did (Once leaving Kerville and at Bandera). Also the one time on I10 where we pulled to the emergency lane. And also slowed down to 50-60mph at some points to for people to catch up. But when you have 20+ cars and do not have everyone's number, thats difficult to try to keep EVERY single person together with the group.

As for the weather and construction. I couldn't control that. I asked everyone at Wingstop before we left if we should continue the cruise and they all agreed to. We actually did not hit any rain til about 30 min before the cruise ended. A little bit of drizzle on the way over there but that was nothing.

I also can't control the crazy bitch drivers that passed us up and flicked us off or the one that cut you off. We are on a major interstate taking up 2 lanes of traffic. They will get bitchy lol.

As for pics, I got a few and some of those flyby videos everyone did!

Last edited by chon79; 11-06-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by svg210
Ouch, That bad Ish? LOL I've been hearing of JIZZUS crazy driving through the curves in the hill country area.

Did anyone take some pics?
U keep spelling his name wrong! Fixed lol.

Jizz and I were up in the front and took those twisties on 16 pretty fast.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see everyone again and new faces. Hope my car is running again soon!

Need to do another GTG before steve leaves us for good
Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
Good to see everyone again and new faces. Hope my car is running again soon!

Need to do another GTG before steve leaves us for good
I agree get it running for the next Castroville meet!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Did anyone go back and help out the guy in the red camaro who was stranded on I10 with the tire blow out?
3 guys stopped and helped him. They had to lend him a spare.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chon79
I agree get it running for the next Castroville meet!

When is the next one??
Old 11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today 05:56 PM
chon79 Quote:
To begin with weather sucked it rain on us. Second got stuck in construction on I 10 while heading to kerrville. Third some crazy lady cut me and other fellow f body drivers while cruising on I 10. Crazy biotch! Overall very poorly organized cruise! Kept getting left behind at stops. No communication with others who participated on the cruise there was no communication at all on when to leave as a group for those who attended the cruise. And overall a lot of wreckless driving done by some not all. Almost witness a head on collision by one driver that attended the cruise.

Hey bro I understand you had your family in your car and respect that. But I did try to go up to everyone and when it was time to leave at each stop we made. Sorry if I didn't come up to you personally and tell you it was time to go. There were a lot of new faces and I didn't get to meet everyone and catch everyone's name.

And reckless driving will happen. We are out on the open road and having fun, people are gonna speed and haul ***. That was also the point of us hitting the twisties up (which Park Road 37 was ******* awesome).

People did manage to get left behind due to traffic or them staying behind at the next stop. That's why I stopped twice to wait for the people that did (Once leaving Kerville and at Bandera). Also the one time on I10 where we pulled to the emergency lane. And also slowed down to 50-60mph at some points to for people to catch up. But when you have 20+ cars and do not have everyone's number, thats difficult to try to keep EVERY single person together with the group.

As for the weather and construction. I couldn't control that. I asked everyone at Wingstop before we left if we should continue the cruise and they all agreed to. We actually did not hit any rain til about 30 min before the cruise ended. A little bit of drizzle on the way over there but that was nothing.

I also can't control the crazy bitch drivers that passed us up and flicked us off or the one that cut you off. We are on a major interstate taking up 2 lanes of traffic. They will get bitchy lol.

Gonna have to agree with Chon-ster on this one. We had a crap load more cars this time as compaired to our 1st cruise.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Noone was forced to go. A couple of people dropped off at Rudys.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can't make everyone happy. Like Steve said... we can't control traffic and weather. No one forced anyone to go fast. You could have just pulled over and went home. If you had to bring the wife/gf and kid you should have stayed on the back if you weren't comfortable with your driving or anyone else.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Had fun we just need to get 2 ways next time
Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chon79
U keep spelling his name wrong! Fixed lol.

Jizz and I were up in the front and took those twisties on 16 pretty fast.
LMAO, its the auto correct bro LOL btw is it pronounced Jizzus like Mr Slave from south park does?

I need to get my car going soon, It loves the twisties, after most car meets I used to cruise from PR27 through 1283, thru Mico, on to 2976, then back to 471, and go WOT on 1957 all the way home, but then stupid land development made things crowded. and it is all my fault for delivering material to them LOL
Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

I thought the cruise was badass. The twisties were a good time even though my gf was pretty freaked out so i had to go easier than I would have liked. I'm looking forward to the next one
Old 11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Any pics or videos yet.......
Old 11-06-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cruise was definitely fun!!!

Nice rides today and soo many TA's lol..

Where all the camero's(lol) at ??
Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blkbird
Noone was forced to go. A couple of people dropped off at Rudys.
yea i agree with no one force me to go but this is a open forum anyone can attend the cruise. Only 2 people stayed at rudy bbq everyone that met there went on the cruise. Yes i know yall cant and no cant control weather and traffic conditions. I understand all that. But at the stops everyone got off the cars and had to wait in line to use the restrooms due to the capacity of how many people went and there being only one restroom for both men and women made it a bit longer wait at stops. i know and i understand mostly everyone had to go to the restroom. I had to wait for my wife, sister, and my friends with their family at the place cause they were still in line waiting to use the restroom while everyone drove off. Some of your friends or buddies yall knew were also left behind at times at the stops.They had to run out to their cars and hauled *** to catch up with you guys. Hey thats cool if you kept stopping by for us to catch up i appreciate it. Thanks! But as i recall it was a hill country cruise right? Not a hill country cannon ball run? Or was it? I dont know. I know most people and understand most people will want to speed up and want to have fun i know cause i one of those people as well. But wreckless driving on the twisties and almost having a head on collision with another car on the opposite side of the road?????? Really?? That would of been a nasty wreck for sure. I know for a fact there is always a time and a place to have fun. Wreckless driving on the twisties and almost running a car off the road which could of injure lives or killed people is not one of those times to do it at all. I guess it just cause Im a family man and have a family to tend too I think on my actions twice before I do act.

All in all the cruise was fun i dont deny it but there was a much need improvement on communication and orginization.

Last edited by IVRedZ28LS1; 11-06-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
No one forced anyone to go fast. You could have just pulled over and went home. If you had to bring the wife/gf and kid you should have stayed on the back if you weren't comfortable with your driving or anyone else.
Yep extactly no one forced me to go fast. Cause I didnt have to go fast at all. Now I dont agree with you on me pulling over and going home not a good idea since i driven across town and i was in boerne. I had already made plans on attending this cruise with my family wanted to enjoy a nice sunday cruise thru the scenary with the family. so me going home wasnt a option at all. I brought my family with me in my car and wanted to join you guys on a cruise that was my decision. I stayed and kept up with you guys on the highway. I was very comfortable with my driving and everyone else is driving as well no problme there at all as i kept up with yall and stayed in the back and ejoy the nice scenary of the hill country.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by svg210
LMAO, its the auto correct bro LOL btw is it pronounced Jizzus like Mr Slave from south park does?

I need to get my car going soon, It loves the twisties, after most car meets I used to cruise from PR27 through 1283, thru Mico, on to 2976, then back to 471, and go WOT on 1957 all the way home, but then stupid land development made things crowded. and it is all my fault for delivering material to them LOL
Yes thats him haha.

I think you should organize a cruise like your route u used to take haha.

Were you there at the cruise?? Don't think I met you.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yea i agree with no one force me to go but this is a open forum anyone can attend the cruise. Only 2 people stayed at rudy bbq everyone that met there went on the cruise. Yes i know yall cant and no cant control weather and traffic conditions. I understand all that. But at the stops everyone got off the cars and had to wait in line to use the restrooms due to the capacity of how many people went and there being only one restroom for both men and women made it a bit longer wait at stops. i know and i understand mostly everyone had to go to the restroom. I had to wait for my wife, sister, and my friends with their family at the place cause they were still in line waiting to use the restroom while everyone drove off. Some of your friends or buddies yall knew were also left behind at times at the stops.They had to run out to their cars and hauled *** to catch up with you guys. Hey thats cool if you kept stopping by for us to catch up i appreciate it. Thanks! But as i recall it was a hill country cruise right? Not a hill country cannon ball run? Or was it? I dont know. I know most people and understand most people will want to speed up and want to have fun i know cause i one of those people as well. But wreckless driving on the twisties and almost having a head on collision with another car on the opposite side of the road?????? Really?? That would of been a nasty wreck for sure. I know for a fact there is always a time and a place to have fun. Wreckless driving on the twisties and almost running a car off the road which could of injure lives or killed people is not one of those times to do it at all. I guess it just cause Im a family man and have a family to tend too I think on my actions twice before I do act.

All in all the cruise was fun i dont deny it but there was a much need improvement on communication and orginization.
Well mostly everybody knew what was coming up when we hit the twisties, if you wanted to go slow, you stay in the back especially if you have your family. If you want to have fun stay in front. Maybe a member was driving wreckless maybe he wasn't and just lost control of the car, not everybody is a capable driver in roads like that and maybe should try slowing down and stay in the back. There is a difference between wreckless and spirited driving and I'm sure it was spirited as everybody is aware of what can happen if you are careless in these roads.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zamora7
Well mostly everybody knew what was coming up when we hit the twisties, if you wanted to go slow, you stay in the back especially if you have your family. If you want to have fun stay in front. Maybe a member was driving wreckless maybe he wasn't and just lost control of the car, not everybody is a capable driver in roads like that and maybe should try slowing down and stay in the back. There is a difference between wreckless and spirited driving and I'm sure it was spirited as everybody is aware of what can happen if you are careless in these roads.
+1 Spirited is the better term. None of us were weaving through traffic, racing, etc.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Even if every one had each others numbers i don't think it would have helped after you get out in the county. Need walkie talkies. What I don't like is how punctual everyone was. I got to wingstop @1250 expecting everyone to be there and nope!
I took some simple pics from rudys had a good one with chon but gay Eric sooner in on his ***, ill still post it for u perv's.
Maybe next time we should have a meeting before we leave rudys and discuss on who will be up front/back and maybe divide into groups to keep count of each member of the group. Oh and walkie talkies.
What time did yall get back? I split after rudys.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Modern Muscle Hill Country Cruise - 11/6/2011