Old 11-02-2011, 12:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<<<<< Doesn't care.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Yeah. **** that guy for donating to the police!

I'd much rather him be out organizing dog fights, finishing off the loser dogs, shooting people in clubs, raping women, or groping underaged girls in bar bathrooms.

This is $XXX,XXX of money HPD will not have to spend on cruisers. Said saved money can go into other programs such as going after sexual predators, rapists and murderers. Or, it could go into a fund specifically for aiding families of officers killed in the line of duty.

Terrible choice, Mario. You're just a terrible guy.

My mom has had cancer, but you know what? If everyone only donated to cancer charities, other charities and organizations designed to help people wouldn't get the funds they need to make things better. My suggestion? Quit whining.

Preach on Brother Beavis! I'm with you Ross!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Launching!

these cops get an annual budget, im sure since this donation of cars, they will just pour those unused resources and funds into programs like 'sexual predators, rapist, and murderers' actually do those 'programs' even exist? and what is the staffing/budgeting for the 'sexual predator or homicide' dept in contrast to the ones that pull revenue like citations?
my point wasnt so much he was donating, which is a good thing. its thats he's donating to traffic cops who are gonna sit behind bushes and pull your *** over for going 3 over at night.
point is, if your going to donate 200k+, WTH would you give it to traffic cops? thats the BEST thing you can do with that amount of money? thats going to change peoples lives the best? hardly. also just read in the paper about how HPD is one of the most corrupt police forces in the US or the like. lets give these idiots some more $$$!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
point is, if your going to donate 200k+, WTH would you give it to traffic cops? thats the BEST thing you can do with that amount of money? thats going to change peoples lives the best? hardly. also just read in the paper about how HPD is one of the most corrupt police forces in the US or the like. lets give these idiots some more $$$!
My point is that $200k worth of cars can free up money elsewhere.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Launching!

i agree it *COULD*, but do you really think it will? and who's going to enforce that? honestly i dont know how budgeting works for something like that, but i would think its set in stone at the beginning of the year, so unless those funds were donated directly to those programs, it's more likely that the traffic citation dept will just get an increase this year. which i dont think is to great of a way to use 200k.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there is any organization worth giving to. My teacher got fired because he dug a little too far into the schools budget system. Fun story behind that, now I know how these school clerks are riding around in new AMG's and the like.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Getting a bit to serious here.

Agreed the money could have gone somewhere else.

Agreed the HPD has some serious issues with corruption- From the Rookie to the Chief.

Finally- Not your money.

That is all.

Quick Reply: Mario Williams donates 5 Camaros to HPD