RCC Did you fall off the face of the Planet ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Keep that agenda to yourself.
No, I wont. I have nothing against LMR, I have had work done and bought parts from them and do not have anything against them. I know their shop reputation and what they have done in the past years. They are one of the best if not the best in Texas with anything LSX.

Its just when you spend 150K+ on a car id want it to run right, I kept up with the build... From changing turbos to rear-mount, to transmission clutch. Id be pretty upset if my car didn't run either after spending that much. I was just curious and I'm pretty damn sure everyone else would have been just as curious why he sold the car and why he said he was "tired of cars that don't run".
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by enigmah
Its just when you spend 150K+ on a car id want it to run right, I kept up with the build... From changing turbos to rear-mount, to transmission clutch. Id be pretty upset if my car didn't run either after spending that much. I was just curious and I'm pretty damn sure everyone else would have been just as curious why he sold the car and why he said he was "tired of cars that don't run".
That paragraph alone makes you appear clueless. You can't treat a 1,500 rwhp car with the same perspective as spending the money to build a 500 rwhp car. When you push the envelope, and max out every system in a car, you are bound to break ****. They were going into the unknown, trying to achieve something that nobody had done before with a C6. That expense has a lot to do with experimental stuff, and repairing the broken stuff along the way.

You don't simply write a check for $150K for a modified racecar and expect it will survive forever. That is naive. Even the top drag cars require the engine to be pulled/inspected/re-ringed/re-bearing'd after only a handful of passes.

Summary: If you can't understand this, you can't afford it.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Summary: If you can't understand this, you can't afford it.

I understand it AND I can't afford it. LOL

The funny thing is if I could afford it, I still wouldn't do it because I understand it. LOL.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-

The funny thing is if I could afford it, I still wouldn't do it because I understand it. LOL.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

damn..best comment i heard in awhile!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Me too! I'm done with ruining cars and turning them into racecars that just like to break and get parked.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

Glad to see RC is happy with his new car, Saw the pictures on Tony's facebook looks sick! Im glad someone tried to make the Vette fast but in the end like most said, the car will never be a street car. It will stay at the shop and the owner will do nothing but throw money at it to keep it running. Luckly we learn from are mistakes and move on.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
8 Second Club

QFT!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Me too! I'm done with ruining cars and turning them into racecars that just like to break and get parked.
that's why i built another one of these...

the chassis has been proven to run low 8s and the motor and tranny is the almighty 2JZ!!!

if it breaks, i will just overnight some parts from JAPAN and keep going

Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Who are you anyways to be calling out RCC??? LOL...
Lol
Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysan
Lol
How's your stock TA doing? LOL... noob
Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

High horsepower cars are usually high maintenance cars, but they shouldn't spit the crank out or spin bearings everytime it goes WOT.

Nothing against LMR/LME, both have proven capable of building high powered cars and engines that stay together, but with all the hype and **** talking going on before the car was even built, and now the silence since it has been built, it leaves a lot of questions as to what happened while people make assumptions and rumors about why the car failed to live up to the hype and why it fails to "stay running".
Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KCS
High horsepower cars are usually high maintenance cars, but they shouldn't spit the crank out or spin bearings everytime it goes WOT.
I thought that was normal! It's a racecar!!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KCS

Nothing against LMR/LME, both have proven capable of building high powered cars and engines that stay together, but with all the hype and **** talking going on before the car was even built, and now the silence since it has been built, it leaves a lot of questions as to what happened while people make assumptions and rumors about why the car failed to live up to the hype and why it fails to "stay running".
Man, I wish I had more time to read this internet stuff. It really makes me laugh. The corvette got transformed to race at the mile event. First time it went to the mile, it set the corvette record 222mph. Went back a second time, and re-set the corvette record(231mph). Where have you guys been??? I didnt know setting records was not enough for your so called "hype". LoL
Old 11-08-2011, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enigmah
No, I wont. I have nothing against LMR, I have had work done and bought parts from them and do not have anything against them. I know their shop reputation and what they have done in the past years. They are one of the best if not the best in Texas with anything LSX.

Ignorance is bliss. You must be in a constant state of mind blowing euphoria. Never judge something unless you've done it, you always look dumb.

People sometimes start a project with a goal, and when they get to the goal, they realize it's not what they wanted, simple as that. Continue on in ecstasy.

Originally Posted by KCS

The car is by no means a plague, when you're building something, you talk about it, when it's build, you let the project speak for itself. The car is sick, and wicked fast. No need to rub that in online .
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Man, I wish I had more time to read this internet stuff. It really makes me laugh. The corvette got transformed to race at the mile event. First time it went to the mile, it set the corvette record 222mph. Went back a second time, and re-set the corvette record(231mph). Where have you guys been??? I didnt know setting records was not enough for your so called "hype". LoL
The "so called hype" was the page after page of **** talking and betting that RCC's Vette would go more like 250-260MPH at The Mile and beat the Supras and Lambos. So obviously while 231MPH is impressive and something you all should be proud of, it falls short of the hype. Merely resetting the record for Corvettes isn't what people were expecting to see, a lot of us were expecting a lot more.

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
The car is by no means a plague, when you're building something, you talk about it, when it's build, you let the project speak for itself. The car is sick, and wicked fast. No need to rub that in online .
Well, neither the project, nor RC or LMR have done much speaking in many peoples' opinion, and that is how we come to threads like these. People just want to know what's happened, what is in the works, and everyone but the LMR crew have answered with rumors and speculation.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by KCS
The "so called hype" was the page after page of **** talking and betting that RCC's Vette would go more like 250-260MPH at The Mile and beat the Supras and Lambos. So obviously while 231MPH is impressive and something you all should be proud of, it falls short of the hype. Merely resetting the record for Corvettes isn't what people were expecting to see, a lot of us were expecting a lot more.
Who hypes stuff up and hopes to be 2nd place? Not any company or racer that I know of. Nothing wrong with stirring it up, this is a car site, and we talk a lot of **** here for fun anyways. I'd never seen LMR build something and hope to be 2nd place. Not achieving goals is common, especially when goals are that high and that expensive. Should they have just told everyone to STFU and not talked about the build?

Guess what, it is marketing. You are STILL talking about that car, over a year later. Mission accomplished, sheeple.

Well, neither the project, nor RC or LMR have done much speaking in many peoples' opinion, and that is how we come to threads like these. People just want to know what's happened, what is in the works, and everyone but the LMR crew have answered with rumors and speculation.
RC probably couldn't really give a crap about your opinion of his spending habits. LMR has customers to tend to, not internet dreamers, tire-kickers, haters, doubters, etc... Why is this so hard to accept and understand? If you want to know, drive on over to LMR and buy something. Take a tour of the shop. Ask them about projects going on in the shop. They'll tell you in person.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is why we havent seen RC...........
Old 11-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KCS

Everyone thinks their opinion would or should affect someone elses. I think they set their goals high at met them at some point but like the 99% out there talk **** and probably MUST remind everyone what they were trying to accomplish and didn't. Thanks for clarifying your purpose to all here at tech.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sway99bird
This is why we havent seen RC...........
Could not have said it better myself.

Quick Reply: RCC Did you fall off the face of the Planet ?