Totalled the car(?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angry Totalled the car(?)

Thankfully it wasn't the TA! But my Corolla is pretty fucked up.

Today I was leaving work and was driving 45mph when a lady on the cross street came up to the stop sign, then at the last second dashed across to try and beat me and I t-boned her. She had a 2011 Honda Pilot and I hit that bitch so hard I flipped her. At the moment of impact, her car flipped in the direction she was going and my car went along with her and we both popped the curb and knocked down a light pole. Cops have her at fault on the report, and an old lady who was right behind me and stayed with me til my girl came to the scene. I laugh now knowing that I am ok and that the girl was able to walk out of the accident after being flipped over. She did not receive medical attention and was picked up and driven home.

Needed some help/advice though. This is my first serious accident and even though I am not at fault, there is always the possibility things can get turned around. As far as my car, both front doors will not open with out extreme force. Fenders/hood/bumper along with wheels are scraped up. Windshield is cracked. All airbags in the car deployed including passenger, side airbags, and rear air bags in the back seats. I want the car totaled honestly. If they even try to write off a check to fix it, I will be pissed. Don't want to have to go through the hassle of paint unmatching and more problems happening with the car. Not sure if there is frame damage, but at the speed I hit her and the fact that I flipped her, there has to be severe damage unseen.

Everyone has told me to get a lawyer involved to talked to their claim adjuster instead, see a doctor anyways to get checked up, get multiple estimates, etc. I called her insurance with All State and filed the claim and car is getting looked at tomorrow.

I only have a sore neck and chest right now, but nothing serious. I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow depending on how I feel tomorrow.

The car was an awesome DD (38mpg highway at 65mph) and will be missed. But it might work in my favor as I was recently thinking of getting a used CTS-V

On to the pics:

Old 11-17-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you are OK.

I'm going to bet it is totaled.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

pretty sure your yota is a gonner
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn glad you and hte girl are ok.

that car will be totaled.

ps - if you want to keep that bycicle rack remove it before the insurance company goes to check it out. along with anything else that you want to keep.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Glad your ok, is that wiesman @ Rogers intersection?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bat!
Glad your ok, is that wiesman @ Rogers intersection?
Damn you're good bro lol. Thats exactly where it was at.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

The girl will be hurting bad in a couple of days. These heavy *** cars with 8 airbags make you love modern safety technology.

So.... how fast were you really going?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dammit! thats a wreck! Glad you both got out of it ok. I got the perfect advice bro! The first thing you must do is get yourself checked out for any lacerations. Second You could be pressed charges so, hire an attorney (not wainwright or other sham lawyers!, they will take all your settlement money!)

If the cops had her at fault, thats based on their judgement. And the report clearly states "in your opinion, what caused the accident" So the next step would be acquire the police report copy $2 dollars if SAPD or 3.50 BCSD. Most logical is she ran her stop sign ("disregard charge" she should of got a citation)

Now comes the fun/stressful part. If you need time to relax, recoup take the weekend off from work, and charge it to her insurance. Have your attorney forward all claims to your respective insurance. You will get total loss, plus money for your injury's \ settlements.

Beware of the sham calls you will get from doctors/attorneys etc.... by law attorneys cannot contact you, but doctors representing them and offering you money will! not only that some make you sign some ****, and they will take all your injury money and 40 percent of your settlement! Thats why I'd recommend you get checked by your General healthcare provider, and hire a lawyer that will represent your best interest!

Good luck bro. sorry for the bad grammar and punctuation
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HTX
The girl will be hurting bad in a couple of days. These heavy *** cars with 8 airbags make you love modern safety technology.

the result would of been the same.... besides wouldn't be wise to answer that? LOL
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

I dont think they will total it....it should just buff out
Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HTX

45 tops. I never speed in my DD. There are accidents on Wiseman all the damn time. I've been working and doing the same commute for 3 years and this is not the first time I've seen this exact same accident with people jetting across both lanes of traffic and the median.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ohh I left out one thing, be careful with her insurance company trying to set you up when they call. Yes or no answers, and you do not need to provide anymore information than whats on the report the cops make. believe me bro, they will throw everything and the kitchen sink at ya!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by svg210
Dammit! thats a wreck! Glad you both got out of it ok. I got the perfect advice bro! The first thing you must do is get yourself checked out for any lacerations. Second You could be pressed charges so, hire an attorney (not wainwright or other sham lawyers!, they will take all your settlement money!)

If the cops had her at fault, thats based on their judgement. And the report clearly states "in your opinion, what caused the accident" So the next step would be acquire the police report copy $2 dollars if SAPD or 3.50 BCSD. Most logical is she ran her stop sign ("disregard charge" she should of got a citation)

Now comes the fun/stressful part. If you need time to relax, recoup take the weekend off from work, and charge it to her insurance. Have your attorney forward all claims to your respective insurance. You will get total loss, plus money for your injury's \ settlements.

Beware of the sham calls you will get from doctors/attorneys etc.... by law attorneys cannot contact you, but doctors representing them and offering you money will! not only that some make you sign some ****, and they will take all your injury money and 40 percent of your settlement! Thats why I'd recommend you get checked by your General healthcare provider, and hire a lawyer that will represent your best interest!

Good luck bro. sorry for the bad grammar and punctuation
Thanks for the advice man. I am going to take the day off tomorrow to get a tune up at the doctor's office and meet the claims adjuster so they can also get me in a damn rental. Aspirin is not taking away any of the soreness.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chon79
Thanks for the advice man. I am going to take the day off tomorrow to get a tune up at the doctor's office and meet the claims adjuster so they can also get me in a damn rental. Aspirin is not taking away any of the soreness.

I know that feeling bro, You're day feels longer, and shock and awe kicks in. I've been in three accidents, Witnessed two (both with a causality) and I get into fender benders all the time. Its the norm when people try to beat a 40ton truck... LOL
Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn glad your ok, and if you do end up getting a cts-v you know that it is illegal to put a bicycle rack on it right!?!?!? lol jk man it's amazing how bad a accident can be sometimes and everyone is able to walk away.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by svg210
I know that feeling bro, You're day feels longer, and shock and awe kicks in. I've been in three accidents, Witnessed two (both with a causality) and I get into fender benders all the time. Its the norm when people try to beat a 40ton truck... LOL
I would assume you're not a trucker from your regular accidents ...
Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chon79
Damn you're good bro lol. Thats exactly where it was at.

Haha.....My grandfather lives right around there and I work off Rogers so I pass that everyday. That intersection is always a accident waiting to happen. Good thing your ok and didn't drive your ta
Old 11-17-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
damn glad your ok, and if you do end up getting a cts-v you know that it is illegal to put a bicycle rack on it right!?!?!? lol jk man it's amazing how bad a accident can be sometimes and everyone is able to walk away.
LOL I love to mountain bike so if anything I'll do a hitch mount instead. Def won't use a trunk mount rack on a Cadi!

Originally Posted by bat!
Haha.....My grandfather lives right around there and I work off Rogers so I pass that everyday. That intersection is always a accident waiting to happen. Good thing your ok and didn't drive your ta
Yeah bro ever since they added the other side of Rogers there's accidents quite often. I guess I was next in line lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HTX
I would assume you're not a trucker from your regular accidents ...
Matter of fact Yes I am!

I know everyone goes through the same shock bro. although 2 of the 3 accidents I've been were long before I got my CDL, both times I got cut off on the left lane from a person merging onto the freeway.

3rd was an incident but I count it as an accident (I am the Hispanic version of Hank Hill) Some Highway cleanup crew left their tailgate down (the truck was outside the shoulder but the tailgate was on the lane, I hit the brakes but they faded, and stopped 15 ft short of the tailgate's bumper, another truck behind me was following too close, so I chose to release the brakes and swipe the safer barrier. No one got hurt and only 1000 dollars worth of damage. No points on my record also.

First Casualty a person driving a suburban tried to turn left (tried to beat the truck hauling a full load) truck couldn't stop, made bow tie out of the suburban, and a huge blood puddle emerged from underneath the carnage. The guy got crushed RIP

Second Casualty: A truck hit a pedestrian on 471, I think the driver went to jail for that. The guys skull was cracked and pieces of brain were all over the roadway not a pretty site.

My occasional fender benders, are always when people cut me off and scrape me, or they try to jump onto the roadway and give up at the last minute, I pull out and either scrape or take their bumper off. Most of the time I take their plates down and make a report, or they drive off not wanting to get the police involved. Its usually people thinking they are going to make a quick buck if I hit them. If you're a truck driver, you have probably have seen it first hand.

Proudly Insured and bonded for 500 bucks a month by progresive!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

I don't drive 18 wheelers. Just an 18k pound box truck +(with 2,000 pound loads).

People cut my off all the time. And I can't believe how many people don't see my big *** white box in the lane next to them, so I know what you mean. But my company is really really careful about how we drive. My boss got hit by a lady while he was at a red light and he got written up because "he failed to stop 15 feet behind the white line and watch his mirrors". I put a $15 dent in a rain gutter because I miss judged its distance from my truck ("failed to observe my surroundings") a few years ago and got written up. 2 write-ups in 3 years and the insurance company declares you to be an unsafe driver and you get fired. Glad its not the same with truckers!

Quick Reply: Totalled the car(?)