Stolen C6Z in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was probably someone he knows or someone that has been scooping out his car for awhile now.

I had a similar incident a few months back. My parents caught some shady looking truck taking pics of my vette from across the street, when my mom started taking pics of the truck they quickly sped away. I had a buddy run the plates and I drove around to where it was registered and made sure they saw my car so they knew we were on to them if they did in fact wanna try and steal my car..

hopefully they can find it one piece or it was just towed for a stupid reason. But It's probably been cut up and parted out...
Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

call onstar and pay the service, they can activate it remotely based off your vin, and then you can see if they have not disabled it yet. All z's have onstar. It's the first thing I would have done, worth the 200 bucks to see if it's still hooked up and responding.

Hope you find it.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Launching!

i think im going to have my turned on now.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Teching In

That's what I thought....I told him to call On-star as well, but then he said that he didn't have it. I just checked my Z and I don't have On-star on my car either...at least not on the mirror where most GM buttons are.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lane_change
That's what I thought....I told him to call On-star as well, but then he said that he didn't have it. I just checked my Z and I don't have On-star on my car either...at least not on the mirror where most GM buttons are.
I could have sworn it came on all z's.... My z is the most basic version and it has it... so...

call Onstar anyway, see what they say lol.

What I don't get... is I had to use a tow truck to get my z out of the moving van and it was such a paint to even get it on... I just wonder how they got it onto the tow truck... or maybe they just had an ultra low trailer. When I was looking at getting a trailor for it to trailor it I was going to have to have one custom made with 12foot ramps to get it on, those cars are just so low, and if they didn't take there time and just winched it up the dragging noises would have been terrible and LOUD.... Just seems super odd this happened. Hope he finds it. Glad mine never leaves the garage unless it's sunny out
Old 11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

tow drives have dollies that they can slide under parallel parked cars or cars with the brake on or in gear. the dollies raise the car off the ground and have wheels on them so the car can be rolled basicly any direction and even right onto a flatbed. seen it on repo men.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Don't mean to make light of the situation and I hope the car turns up..

But...... Could it have been Overhaulin' or Pimp My Ride? Seen any long-haired Chip Foose types lurking around?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 402GOAT
tow drives have dollies that they can slide under parallel parked cars or cars with the brake on or in gear. the dollies raise the car off the ground and have wheels on them so the car can be rolled basicly any direction and even right onto a flatbed. seen it on repo men.
I've seen those too, but the one's I saw didn't go high enough for the vette's nose... not saying they are not out there, but just the one's I saw. when I had to unload my vette from the truck we couldn't use them as the tow trucker said they'd do damage, and I wanted none of that.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Seems highly unlikely unless this truck was literally following him around waiting for him to park the car. It's not like they took it from his house where it may always be parked....this was stolen in front of a friend's house, so I doubt they had been scoping out his friends house and had access to a much more rare and expensive tow truck. For 30 minutes, this seems like a fly by the seat of your pants theft which would leave little room for that kind of planning.....or they followed his *** around until he stopped, then swooped in and took the car. Either way, seems crazy to me.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Just need to jack up the rear and put dollies under the tires. Hook up a quick line to a sway bar and you can pull it for a few blocks at a slow speed for a better hookup. They don't care about scrapping panels underneath since they're parting it out anyways.

Even on level grade roads I try to turn my wheels when parked on the curb. They can drag it but it should make more noise / be harder to turn.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Did the car get stolen from Cody from Beaumont?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happens if your car gets towed, as in drug away and they break the transmission(left in gear), tear up the front nose and maybe knock a mirror off somewhere along the way? Do they have to fix it?

It's crazy how much **** has been stolen lately. My F250 was stolen outside of a bank at 9 am. With a truck of that size, someone had to have seen something.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SixShooter1125
As a former recovery agent, I can honestly say that if a agent knows what he is doing, he can grab just about anything without a trace.

I havr drug cars when necasary, or there was iminent danger.
+2; I have an uncle in D.C. that does this for a living and I've seen him hook up and take things in literally seconds. It didn't matter if folks had dogs, parallel parked etc. he can get anything (and without damaging it). I hope the Onstar thing works and they can hopefully find where the vehicle is at, if not check surrounding states for your parts. Good luck, I hope they eventually find the scumbags that took it!!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Why doesn't he just TRY the freakin Onstar. You can be damn sure if that was my car with those parts, I'd be exploring every possible option there is to find it
Old 11-29-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he doesn't want to find it.

I sold my F250 for $10,000. It was stolen the next day and the girl got $19,000 for it. Would you take the truck or the money?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Maybe he doesn't want to find it.

I sold my F250 for $10,000. It was stolen the next day and the girl got $19,000 for it. Would you take the truck or the money?
your 2000 ford? no way did she get that much. Blue book is only 10, that's what the insurance place would give.

Or was it newer? I thought you said it was a 2000
Old 11-29-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Why doesn't he just TRY the freakin Onstar. You can be damn sure if that was my car with those parts, I'd be exploring every possible option there is to find it
Because you can not try something the car does not have, it has been stated several times that the car did not come with OnStar.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Teching In

There is no Onstar on the 2006-2007 Corvettes unless the customer optioned it in. It was not until 2008 that Onstar came standard I believe. My Z does not have Onstar either, I checked.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

There is no Onstar on the 2006-2007 Corvettes unless the customer optioned it in. It was not until 2008 that Onstar came standard I believe. My Z does not have Onstar either, I checked.
guess mine was optioned in... IDK, bought it off the show room floor brand new and it came with it.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

guess mine was optioned in... IDK, bought it off the show room floor brand new and it came with it.

Quick Reply: Stolen C6Z in Houston