New Police Cars!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If they painted the brush guard white to match the car i think it would look 200X better IMO
Old 12-01-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did it before too when I was 16, I basically had no other option.

But yeah I asked because I am VFD and we can have the full red and blue set up. My dad has a new lifted Titan and brother in law has a new lifted ram 2500 both with the full set up. The townspeople were pissed because they thought it was tax money haha.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I did it before too when I was 16, I basically had no other option.

But yeah I asked because I am VFD and we can have the full red and blue set up. My dad has a new lifted Titan and brother in law has a new lifted ram 2500 both with the full set up. The townspeople were pissed because they thought it was tax money haha.
Last time I checked the statues, volunteer firefighters can only run red or red/white lights. Red/Blue is for police in Tx, I remember one of my instructors in the police academy that reserves at the Sheriff's Dept. wanting to catch some of their local VFD folks running red/blue's.

"A private vehicle operated by a volunteer firefighter responding to a fire alarm or medical emergency may be equiped with a signal lamp that is temporarily attached to the vehicle roof and flashes a red light visible at a distance of at least 500 feet in normal sunlight."
Old 12-02-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's in grimes county, one of the very few if not only VFD that can still run them. In Pearland you can't have anything at all.

I wanted to put them on the Chevelle but they would have called BS on that for sure.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Can't catch me on my R1. Many have tried, and they have all failed.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by whitesmokels1
Can't catch me on my R1. Many have tried, and they have all failed.
I won't even bother chasing a bike. If I can get a plate #...we'll just get a warrant for them later. They're only gonna end up killing themself or some innocent person, not worth it. It's only a matter of time before your luck runs out though. That's why I got rid of my 750 Gixxer. It's not IF it's WHEN and how bad .
Old 12-03-2011, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Why do cops need a Camaro SS? Get them all a Prius, save on gas money (tax money) with all the driving around they do.

And don't give me that high speed car chase argument, there's no running from a police helicopter.
I've lost a helo before. Not in a car but on my R1. Lol I just now saw the post above!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS69TA
I won't even bother chasing a bike. If I can get a plate #...we'll just get a warrant for them later. They're only gonna end up killing themself or some innocent person, not worth it. It's only a matter of time before your luck runs out though. That's why I got rid of my 750 Gixxer. It's not IF it's WHEN and how bad .
Tuck the plate and put that bitch on the back tire until your out of sight.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Talk all you want about Cali but state law mandates traffic enforcement vehicles must be plainly marked with their jurisdictions logo and the officer has to be in uniform.
Not to say I know this personally but the best way to ditch a police helo, drive into any airports approach path (for a good size airport it usally begins 5 to10mi out), the police helo can't cross or enter it witout tower approval, police aircraft usally will not get that permission over commercial aircraft. I live near an USAF base.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by boostnificent
Tuck the plate and put that bitch on the back tire until your out of sight.
Ive got my plate hinged with a hvac blendoor motor that will flip it up by the push of a button.

Plus I've been riding since I was 7 years old. There's a time and place and I have NEVER put anyone at risk, including myself.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitesmokels1
Ive got my plate hinged with a hvac blendoor motor that will flip it up by the push of a button.

Plus I've been riding since I was 7 years old. There's a time and place and I have NEVER put anyone at risk, including myself.

Pics please.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

I've got it put up for the winter at my parents shop, so can't snap any pictures anytime soon. It's a pretty simple set up though. I got smallest blendoor motor i could find off ebay for about 10 bucks. Used a couple small hinges from home depot and mounted them where the rear sets bolt up. I mounted the motor on an L-bracket behind the plate with a piece of a clothes hanger that hooks to plate to the motor arm. it turns 90 degrees which is perfect.

Quick Reply: New Police Cars!!!!