Started the V6 to LS1 motor plus adding turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, we have done a few things to the car so I will explain and maybe we can find the reason. The motor came out of my running driving car straight into v6. Car will start almost every time fine once in awhile it will turn over and over then it sounds like it sucks air then pops (sometimes blows flames out exhaust pipe) but cars idails and runs fine. Ok what we have done-LS1 swap into a V6 98camaro, racetronics fuel pump, swaped all ls fuel lines and regulator to V6 car, Long tube headers, did some head work, all new gaskets to motor, 3in stainless steel exahaust to rear axle, egr delete, removed cats and rear 02 sensors, and cleaned front o2 sensors and maf sensor. So with all that HELP PLEASE. And before it gets said yes we did INJ 2 wire.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Sounds like you are running rich
Old 02-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

checked the fuel pressure 65 at all times and does not smell like its rich but it could be. gona hook up a code reader and see if its throwing codes, o2, crank sensors or something like that. Its just weird how it cranks fine 4 or time straight in a row no problem then it messes up once or twice but once it fires nothing wrong what so ever? just would like to get solved so I can start the turbo fun part.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would get a tune. The gulping sound could be the car trying to adjust for expecting to get air from the egr on a cold start.

I would put some shake down miles on it around town to get the bugs out and go from there. Congrats on finishing the swap
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Standard fuel pressure should be around 58psi at idle.
Your pcm is expecting 58psi, unless it was tuned/tweaked.

Jay Johnson
Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

the Z28 roller is for sell $500 (936-544-0798
Old 05-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Roller sold still have V6 motor with trans for sale
Old 08-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

A little update on the car, yes it has been a long time and no it is not finished. Picked up some 42# green tops injectors. Which in turned fixed the weird poping coming from the exhaust at start up, guess a stock injector was leaking bye or something. Now for the down side. Car had been sitting for a while, started it up to start the injector swap, fun part right and I be damned it didn't have a knock sound reved it up and it has this weird grinding sound now at mid rpm with a little viberation. So we pulled valve covers and checked the top side all seemed fine plugs looked fine. we are guessing timing chain or maybe a bearing (why could it not have made noise before we pulled motor and had it out why) but what did I expect from a 275,xxx mile motor. We put injectors in any way. 42# injectors and no tune= mild car sounding like a dragster and black smoking like a high school kids diesel truck Always one more thing with these cars. A 5.3 or 6.0 might be closer than I wanted maybe I'll get real lucky find a 6.2 with a 6 speed auto.

Quick Reply: Started the V6 to LS1 motor plus adding turbo