Should James Harrison be suspended?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i watch the video and it happend pretty fast,first time i watched it ,i thought he still had the ball, listen he is dirty but honest the nfl is soft, there are so many bs freaking fines and what not,its a contact sport ,dont wanna get hit move on , not like those guys dont make big bucks as it is.dirty yes, but if he keeps the ball what is it? some guys grow up leading with there helmet, just how it is.he will get his *** handed to him with this fine for sure
Even if they fined him 100k (Fines for this type of thing are generally 50-75k) it doesn't mean much since he is making 3.66 million this year. That is the equivalent of buying a set of headers if you make 50k per year. Suspending him for two games would cost him almost half a million though, and that would probably leave a mark.

Most of the notorious players actually budget an amount of money for fines. If spending 150k per year will give people second thoughts when running your direction, it is probably worth it to them.

As far as thnkning the league is too soft, I think the QBs have to be protected. They are obviously the most important player on most of the NFL teams, and knocking one of them out for the season could completely alter the course of the season. Just look at the Colts without Manning. A cheap shot on Rodgers could destroy their playoff hopes.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 8secstreetcar
Come on guys! this is suppose to be the NFL. At the speed that these guys are moving what do you want these guys to do? I know JH has been playing a bit dirty for a while, but this hit wasn't that bad. You can not get the qb jittery back there without hitting him. It's football.
Can you re-watch this hit and come back? Harrison had plenty of time to not hit him in the head. Yeah it's the NFL and it's dangerous. But he's a known head hunter and that **** should be out of the game.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 8secstreetcar
Come on guys! this is suppose to be the NFL. At the speed that these guys are moving what do you want these guys to do? I know JH has been playing a bit dirty for a while, but this hit wasn't that bad. You can not get the qb jittery back there without hitting him. It's football.
Concussions to even being paralyzed. There's other ways to tackle. There's life after the NFL for players. Cheap shots are unnecessary.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Out Of Focus
Concussions to even being paralyzed. There's other ways to tackle. There's life after the NFL for players. Cheap shots are unnecessary.
Yup if anything he coulda just went to the body.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree the fines are chump change.. They pay fine, go on tv say sorry and next week play dirty..

I'm all for contact sport but cheap shots are not called for at all!

Bet if this was texans or cowgirls qb y'all would be really upset!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Well Colt is from UT so its a bit different for me atleast but I don't care who the qb is I'd still feel the same about this situation. I've thought Harrison was a POS for quite some time as is quite a few players on the Steelers roster, they're only second to the Eagles thugtastic lineup.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am a Steelers fan, and I still think it has to go.

Looks like he is out for one game.