Whats the dumbest ticket you have got?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a CHP officer pull me over in my driveway because it "looked" like i wasn't wearing a seat belt even though i was. He then gave me a ticket for a brake light being out, walked to the back of the car and busted my light with his club.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

When I lived in elpaso I got a defective equipment ticket because I had a legit exhaust system that was " too loud" by opinion ...fought it and one -
Old 12-24-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Parked facing wrong way on a street at my apt. by UNT in Denton.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Got a ticket for no front plate after getting blocked in at the street races. He let the Mexican kid go with no license or insurance, but gave me the ticket because I was spitting on the ground lol he was in his car while I was spitting, and said I was disrespecting him by spitting. It got dismissed.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

2mph over in a 55. That's right 57 in a 55. In a mustang that I had bought from the officer 2 days before. I guess he didn't really want to sell it. Divorce sucks. Lol. Got a lawyer to get it dropped for the the chance of faulty equipment or something like that.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Teching In

Leaving a Late night / early morning car meet, I start the car driving the speed limit I had to turn around in using one of the turn offs in between the streets islands one of cops exits the same parking lot crossing over 6 lanes to pull me over ( I showed the ticket to the judge case dismissed cause the cop put 11am instead of 1am and said why would the light be on at am told him it comes on when I turn the headlights on, he gave me the ticket at night ) 85$ ticket for a 49cent light bulb that I cant see / did not know was out

Me: don't you guys give warnings for things like this? it might have blew out today or yesterday.

Cop: No we stop giving out warning in this area cause too many people have defective equipment on their vehicles { writing ticket }

Me: really? I don't live on this side of town, I was over here for the car meet. no state troopers and sheriffs on 290 and 249 that have rode behind me at night has ever pulled me over for itt.{ ticket ripped }

Cop: wrong place at the wrong time, but if you get it fixed before the court date and show proof the case will be dismissed. you have a good night

silent *bitch *** cop aint got **** else to do*
Attached Thumbnails Whats the dumbest ticket you have got?-img_20111226_054720.jpg  

Last edited by TehGODofGreen; 12-26-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Also got one like Tx91z28 where the cop couldn't see me stopped at the stop sign but yet still gave me a failure to stop ticket. He was a dick so it was nice to beat that one in court. "But, but... He was gunning it!"- Officer, "That doesn't matter now..."- Judge.
That was the first ticket I ever recieved....the first day I had my liscence.....in texas......in a 91 z28. Hmmmm, profiling? lol. I came to the stop sign, stopped, changed cd's and rolled my windows down, then took off. He said I "california rolled" the stop sign.

Had a wreck in my 91 z, ripped the lower grill and liscence plate bracket off. I had them in the hatch on the way home from the accident, cop pulled me over and ticketed me for no front plate. It got thrown out in court and the judge repremanded the cop for picking on kids in sports cars (apparently he had a habit of bs like this.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've received a few tickets that I thought were stupid but in reality they were legit, too dark of window tint, no front license plate, etc. But I still think they are stupid.

Then I got a ticket for following to closely and no turn signal. It was total bullshit. I was driving my camaro when a little ways ahead there was a new motorcycle cop up ahead with someone pulled over I had my cruise set and used my turn signal got over in the fast lane and as I was coming up he pulled out in the slow lane sped up and cut me off and slammed on his brakes to make the turn around and I had to swerve into the right lane to avoid having a new hood ornament and messing up my new to me car, he proceeds to pull me over about a mile or two up ahead and I received the tickets along with no insurance because I had just got the car(it was dismissed due to having insurance on my other cars and being within thrity days of purchase)

Went to court for it and it turns out I was wrong for not using the turn signal and the following to closely is at the cops discretion. There was no video because the motorcycle cops don't have it so his word to mine

Lesson learned always lawyer up, I'd rather pay the traffic attorney fees and keep it off my record rather than not have a lawyer and pay the fine and have it on my record
Old 12-26-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Exhibtition of acceleration 2 times.

First time I was drivingin a mall parking lot going to meet friends at a Razzoos. They had a cop follow them into the parking and my car was loud but I really wasnt accelerating hard

Second time I was blasting across a parking lot. A cop was sitting out of view around a building till I got about half way across the parking lot. A black female cop pulling over a white guy in a corvette she was power tripping hardcore. Not because of the ticket but everything else she did. Long story
Old 12-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

I got a ticket for driving 40 in a 45 on a deserted street after a rainstorm. Officer said i was disrupting the flow of traffic/impeding...there was no traffic... and there were two other lanes present for passing me if traffic had approached... I couldnt even get it dismissed because its one of those "officer discretion" tickets
Old 12-26-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've had 48 tickets from the ages 16-21.. Let me go dig up which one is the best. I believe it's blocking traffic(which the traffic were my friends and we were trying to find out where to go next). A bike cop saw us from a park and radio'd in, about 2 miles later we all get pulled over and wait for 15 mins before a guy on the bike showed and wrote me a ticket... Crazy ***...

Also got pulled over for going 6 inches over the white line even when the road curved a little and it was easier for me to keep going straight.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
I've had 48 tickets from the ages 16-21.. Let me go dig up which one is the best. I believe it's blocking traffic(which the traffic were my friends and we were trying to find out where to go next). A bike cop saw us from a park and radio'd in, about 2 miles later we all get pulled over and wait for 15 mins before a guy on the bike showed and wrote me a ticket... Crazy ***...

Also got pulled over for going 6 inches over the white line even when the road curved a little and it was easier for me to keep going straight.
Damn 48 tickets, and I thought my driving record was bad. I also got pulled over for stopping on the white line, I was over it by maybe 6 inches, but mine was the white line you stop at for a traffic light.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Disply of acceleration and suspected drunk driving. I have never drank in my life, but apparently i drive like a drunk and had 13 lane infractions over a 6 mile stretch of road.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:30 AM
9 Second Club

I got one about a two years ago or so in my old 99 SS. Pulling into the Arkansas side WalMart in Texarkana.

Cop comes up and ask for license and etc. goes back to his car and then another cop pulls up behind him. He comes back to me and looks around inside the car and ask if the car is legal.

I tell him yes the car is legal. The bottle I have is completely empty and the main line is not even on it. Have brand new drag radials on it. Just got it inspected about thee days ago. Nothing that I can think of makes the car illegal.

They go back to their cars and talk a bit and come back to me.

Have you been doing any street racing? We were on stateline which in Texarkana was the place to "cruise". I tell him of course not, especially not here on stateline. I really wanted to just say "Yeah! We were just racing three wide out on HWY 549! However I kept my cool and said no sir.

He goes back to his car once more and then comes back and starts writing me out a ticket. I think to myself, really? What have I done? I calmly ask what I did wrong and he says that my car was too loud under city ordinance.

Really? After all this you tell me my car is too loud? I don't know how the car was too loud at this time. Being that I had Longtubes to a Kook's 3"-4" Y pipe and then reduced back down to 3" through a magnaflow muffler.

I've heard stock cars with true duals louder than my nine second car with a Y pipe! This guy should have heard my car when I had the giant 4" bullet muffler on it is all I could think about!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Didnt get a ticket but an ******* cop story.

Rolling down 1960, (cop central), in my T/A when a guy in a white WS6 pulls up next to me. Our windows are rolled down and he says "you have a brake light out". I ask which side. He shrugs at me so I pull slightly ahead and tap the brakes. He pulls back even and says passenger side. We catch a light, I say thanks, turn right and part ways.

Now at no time did either of us speed, spin a tire, rev at each other, or do anything stupid.

As soon as I turn right I notice a tahoe is riding my ***. Ten seconds later he lights me up. I pull over in a parking lot immediately, shut it off and sit tight. He approaches, and tells me to get out. I step out and he puts me against the car and starts to pat me down. At the same time I ask what the problem is. He says I was racing on 1960. I say, "you mean the white Trans Am?, the guy was telling me I had a brake light out."

He tells me "dont worry about it its all on video." At this point I cough and he bends my arm up behind my back and slams me into the car. I very calmly tell him to calm down im not resisting in any way, I just had to cough.

cop- "good cause you start something and i'll splatter your *** all over this parking lot."

So now I realize he is a complete ******** and I quit trying to be reasonable.
Cop - "youre going to jail for street racing."
Me- "fine my lawyer is going to laugh his *** off when I tell him the story and show him your dash cam video. You're on the way to looking stupid court."

At this point he tells me to put my hands on the car and stay there. I comply, I figure im going to jail but by now im so pissed off that all I can think about is making a fool of this jerkoff in court.

Two minutes later he comes back, says "you're lucky I just got called downtown for more important ****, get the hell outta here." Hops in the tahoe and dissappears. Hmmm, now why would a county cop be going downtown at 11pm? He wouldnt, moron.

To this day I regret not getting his name and badge number because it just so happens I know his captain through a mutual friend. I've mentioned it to him and he was pissed but no way to know exactly who it was without a name or number.

It just gets to me that a few ******** cops can give the good guys a bad name. I dont like to wish bad things on people but I hope that jerk crapped his pants in church or something. Lol

/rant

Quick Reply: Whats the dumbest ticket you have got?