CANCER STRIKES again! My best friend of 25 years is victim

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 03:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that...

I just lost my father to prostate cancer last summer. Get ready, because seeing them in their last days will be the hardest thing you will ever go through in your entire life. Nothing else even compares...
Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My dad just got diagnosed first week of December with lung cancer. He has been a heavy smoker but none the less it sucks. ITs actually the reason I was in the TX section. We will be at MD anderson for suregery the 3rd. i can relate with you, its hard as hell to hold it together. The first couple weeks were hell. The Dr at MD told my dad it was aggressive and that he could fix him. Im waiting to understand his "fixing" him but i hope our trust in this helps me keep my dad around. I first thought it was the end, but I am seeing a lot of stories with positive results. The best thing I have found is to keep positive things around dad and do things to keep his mind off of it.

Ill be in Houston first day of a feb PM me if your around MD anderson may do lunch or something, since ill be lost as ****.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Sorry to hear bout your friend n believe me if wouldn't be going thru this hard financial status I'm going thru I would sure send in a donation, the best I can do right now is say a prayer for him n for his family I'm really sorry buddy
Old 01-22-2012, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP sorry to hear about your friend, if he is being treated at MDAderson please PM me, same with BLWIN1, I work there but in IT, not sure if I can help you guys much but if talking or going to a lunch nearby to get out of the environment for a little bit will help or anything I can help you with please let me know.
Again sorry to hear but CANCER SUCKS.
Name is Wes please PM if you want to.
Best wishes and prayers.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the love and support guys and I may be taking up offers of meeting up with some if he does go to MD. Right now it is Hillcrest Oncology that has been treating him, but as of late it is pretty much, " We have done all we can do" thing and he may go back again to MD Anderson to get the other opinion if his strength can permit. As of the past couple weeks his pain is severe and to touch him hurts like hell to him. I really am not seeing the 3 hour drive to Houston likely
Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Default R.I.P. Jason Weaver ( Cueball)

Guys, I am at a loss for words right now as the last post I did about my best friend Jason was his last day on earth
He lost his short battle with Cancer on Jan.23 at 11:45 PM with his wife, family and myself there for his last breath. It's been hard for me and his family for the past few weeks and the main reason I found little time to be on here.

I want to send a special Thank YOU to all of the members on here that donated to his cause. Funds collected have helped put a small dent in the accrued bills the family has been left with. Means the world to have donations for a guy not but a few of you have met in person, and for that matter, most that donated I have never met in person........yet!
A HUGE Thanks to you all. I ask that you keep myself and his family in your prayers! Hopefully the pain we are enduring will pass soon and leave only great memories of a great friend.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Will keep you and his family in my prayers.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Teching In

rip cueball....hopefully his story will teach all of us to get checked regularly and hopefully get the jump on this horrible illness.... im sorry for your loss.

Quick Reply: CANCER STRIKES again! My best friend of 25 years is victim