Anyone work at Lowes or Home Depot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone work at Lowes or Home Depot?

My stepfather is currently retired, but looking for a job to occupy his free time. He worked for the same company for 18 plus years, so job stability isnt an issue. He is very handy, knows his tools, and is bilingual. He did submit multiple applications, but no one ever responded. If anyone happpens to work at one of the locations or has a friend/family memeber that does, and could get the ball rolling, I would really appreciate it. Preferably on the south side, as he lives in Dickinson.

Charlie
Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't work for Home Depot any more, but I did when I was in college. What departments did he try applying for? I found in my experience to get the job I wanted, I had to do the stuff that I didn't want first, and then worked my way to the departments that I wanted to work for. I started as a lot guy/cashier, and worked up through Lumber/Building Materials into Floor/Decor. I'd just keep on the stores about it. If there are other stores close to him that he hasn't gone to yet, visit them and fill out an application, as most of the stores don't talk to one another unless they're moving associates from within. I would think with his qualifications that someone should be able to use his skill set.

Good luck.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonSS
I don't work for Home Depot any more, but I did when I was in college. What departments did he try applying for? I found in my experience to get the job I wanted, I had to do the stuff that I didn't want first, and then worked my way to the departments that I wanted to work for. I started as a lot guy/cashier, and worked up through Lumber/Building Materials into Floor/Decor. I'd just keep on the stores about it. If there are other stores close to him that he hasn't gone to yet, visit them and fill out an application, as most of the stores don't talk to one another unless they're moving associates from within. I would think with his qualifications that someone should be able to use his skill set.

Good luck.
Thank you very much for the reply. Im pretty sure he would be interested in lumber/building materials. I will pass the info on to him.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tell him to apply at an Ace Hardware, smaller stores and I bet he would enjoy it.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Tell him to apply at an Ace Hardware, smaller stores and I bet he would enjoy it.
I enjoy goin to ace hardware stores. seems like they hire alot of older ppl.