Which Republican Candidate and Why

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
no, they only tried to assassinate the ambassador. there's also a diplomatic cable floating around detailing a meeting between the saudis and the cia concerning iranian involvement in al qaeda attacks in saudi arabia

yarly

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=66977

no, he's a nut because he gets paid to make highly controversial political statements using his past experience as credentials. look at all of the books he's cashed in on writing this stuff. kind of makes him a little less credible.

panetta and patraeus seem to agree on iraq and afghanistan. seeing as their intel is more current, i would be more inclined to believe them over this guy.
Come on man.

Are you seriously buying the story about the Corpus Christi guy being an Iranian assassin?

And you cite Time magazine and government websites as legitimate sources of information?

It is easier to overdose on drugs rather than alcohol?

How can you possibly look at our track record as nation builders since The Vietnam War and still show support? How can you look at the success on the "War on Drugs" and still support it?

Simply, wow.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Come on man.

Are you seriously buying the story about the Corpus Christi guy being an Iranian assassin?

And you cite Time magazine and government websites as legitimate sources of information?

It is easier to overdose on drugs rather than alcohol?

How can you possibly look at our track record as nation builders since The Vietnam War and still show support? How can you look at the success on the "War on Drugs" and still support it?

Simply, wow.

i would be very interested to see what constitutes "legitimate sources of information" in your world

and yes its much easier to accidentally snort too much cocaine than it is to accidentally drink a shitload of alcohol. technically, i guess anytime you're drunk you are overdosing, but the consequences of hard drugs are obviously much higher than being slightly intoxicated.

if this country is so corrupt and our rights are disappearing, why don't you guys leave?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm on the fence between Newt and Romney...

Ron Paul wants to down size the US Military so he deff won't get my vote.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Great Ron Paul Video. I'll vote for him.

This one tops them all in my opinion. Take a couple minutes and watch it all the way through. I hope people wake up and stop drinking the coolaid. BTW, my family is a military one, with my brother as a Navy Special Ops(SWCC).

Hope more people get the message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM
He needs to trim that down a little and buy 2 full commercial breaks during the Super Bowl.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz

You didn't hear what he said. He wants to BRING ALL THE TROOPS HOME AND CUT DEFENSE SPENDING. He doesn't want to cut the military budget. He wants to cut the money we spend on WAR! Strong military in the USA! Where we should be....

Have any of you boys that think we need to be involved in all these countries ever been to Iraq or Afghanistan? I have... let me tell you, those people couldn't get to us if they tried. They have trouble fighting a neighboring city, much less a country on the other side of the ocean. We bring our troops home and protect the homeland and perhaps we stand a chance for our government to do what we put it in place to do... PROTECT US!

SSG Salinas
USMC/US Army
Old 01-31-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would be very interested to see what constitutes "legitimate sources of information" in your world

and yes its much easier to accidentally snort too much cocaine than it is to accidentally drink a shitload of alcohol. technically, i guess anytime you're drunk you are overdosing, but the consequences of hard drugs are obviously much higher than being slightly intoxicated.

if this country is so corrupt and our rights are disappearing, why don't you guys leave?
I read information from politically skewed media outlets with a grain of salt. Including Fox. And I don't trust information from the "most transparent" government in our history.

I read politico. I read the drudge links. I read newspapers regarding what the gov't is doing. Some different blogs. So podcasts. I keep up with what the FED is doing with the interest rate for banks and about their "easing" b.s.. I try to keep up with the new bullshit ways they calculate inflation. And how they project job growth. While totally disregarding the disenchanted and underemployed. I know when a writer is trying influence my thinking. I tend to avoid those articles. Breitbart is an example of someone I avoid reading.

I read earlier where MSN.com said the deficit this year "dipped slightly" to 1.1 trillion. They present that as a good thing. Also read a month or so ago where seniors were getting medicare to buy sex toys. This **** has got to end. Nobody but Ron Paul wants to do it.

Too much coke vs. too much booze is all relative from person to person. Anytime your bac is over .08, I'd say someone could make a case you have OD'd on alcohol.

"...the consequences of hard drugs are obviously much higher than being slightly intoxicated" This doesn't make sense to me. How many times are you doing hard drugs vs. being slightly intoxicated? What do you consider slightly intoxicated? What are you doing after you're slightly intoxicated? How much of the hard drugs are you doing? What do you consider hard drugs?

Leave because I don't like the way the government is run? How about I vote instead? Pussies give up and leave. Dipshits vote for the same guy red or blue, just backed by different companies. And the same dipshits wont vote for a man because CNN says he's an isolationist, or too old, or was affiliated with some wack job newsletter 20 years ago, or just flat out will not give him any news coverage.

Don't think you're losing your rights? Fly on an airplane.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz

Search it out. The military is already downsizing.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Leave because I don't like the way the government is run? How about I vote instead? Pussies give up and leave. Dipshits vote for the same guy red or blue, just backed by different companies. And the same dipshits wont vote for a man because CNN says he's an isolationist, or too old, or was affiliated with some wack job newsletter 20 years ago, or just flat out will not give him any news coverage.
^^sigworthy.....

Yes the military is starting to weed out all non hackers, its not RP doing it though

We went into Afghan in early 2002, not 2001. Ask me how i know

Im not reading the rest again, but i had a few more points to make... just forgot which ones, its a car forum. Like someone mentioned earlier, though, this is quite a good read. Most civilized i have seen on Tech in years.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
Political ads are not allowed during the Super Bowl. At least on a national level.
Yet the companies that are allowed to advertise during the Super Bowl are free to lobby their *** off.

Oh well.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
Exactly and for jake, ask any veteran that is not some neocon with there head up the governments *** and they will tell you exactly what He just said. The troops want to come home, all of these wars are POINTLESS.
i have spoken to plenty of veterans. to be honest, i've gotten mixed reactions. most were supportive, but there were more than a couple that were opposed to the wars. i would venture to guess, however, that all troops want to come home at some point or another. the pointlessness of the wars is clearly debatable lol

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
^^sigworthy.....

Yes the military is starting to weed out all non hackers, its not RP doing it though

We went into Afghan in early 2002, not 2001. Ask me how i know

Im not reading the rest again, but i had a few more points to make... just forgot which ones, its a car forum. Like someone mentioned earlier, though, this is quite a good read. Most civilized i have seen on Tech in years.
i would like to know how you know. i had the pleasure of listening to a talk by one of the combat controllers on the ground in 2001.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have spoken to plenty of veterans. to be honest, i've gotten mixed reactions. most were supportive, but there were more than a couple that were opposed to the wars. i would venture to guess, however, that all troops want to come home at some point or another. the pointlessness of the wars is clearly debatable lol

i would like to know how you know. i had the pleasure of listening to a talk by one of the combat controllers on the ground in 2001.
Any of them get shot at to earn their pay?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...for-president/

^^Love this guy, no homo
Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Since Herman Cain and Gov. Perry are out, the best choice is Ron Paul.

Gingrich is a better choice than Romney, too.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Any of them get shot at to earn their pay?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...for-president/

^^Love this guy, no homo
i'll admit most of em were pogs. maybe only 4 or 5 were combat arms, but they didn't seem to complain. one of them admitted to loving it over there, but i think he just liked to shoot at people lol

that should not make a difference though. if you choose to go infantry, you should expect to get shot at. that's your job, just like they do their jobs, whatever they may be. doesn't automatically disqualify their opinions as to whether or not they support the war
Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I read information from politically skewed media outlets with a grain of salt. Including Fox. And I don't trust information from the "most transparent" government in our history.

I read politico. I read the drudge links. I read newspapers regarding what the gov't is doing. Some different blogs. So podcasts. I keep up with what the FED is doing with the interest rate for banks and about their "easing" b.s.. I try to keep up with the new bullshit ways they calculate inflation. And how they project job growth. While totally disregarding the disenchanted and underemployed. I know when a writer is trying influence my thinking. I tend to avoid those articles. Breitbart is an example of someone I avoid reading.

I read earlier where MSN.com said the deficit this year "dipped slightly" to 1.1 trillion. They present that as a good thing. Also read a month or so ago where seniors were getting medicare to buy sex toys. This **** has got to end. Nobody but Ron Paul wants to do it.

Too much coke vs. too much booze is all relative from person to person. Anytime your bac is over .08, I'd say someone could make a case you have OD'd on alcohol.

"...the consequences of hard drugs are obviously much higher than being slightly intoxicated" This doesn't make sense to me. How many times are you doing hard drugs vs. being slightly intoxicated? What do you consider slightly intoxicated? What are you doing after you're slightly intoxicated? How much of the hard drugs are you doing? What do you consider hard drugs?

Don't think you're losing your rights? Fly on an airplane.
you hate the mainstream media, but you read politico? also, where do you think the drudge links come from? breitbart links are frequently posted on drudge report

blogs and podcasts can be interesting, but how can you seriously consider them legitimate sources of information? anyone can make those

i'll admit that "too much" is relative. however, you cannot possibly argue that cocaine is not more dangerous than alcohol. anything in excess can kill you, water and alcohol included. thing is, it takes quite a bit of alcohol to do that. normally, if you drink too much you throw up, which is your body's defense mechanism against alcohol poisoning. your body has no real defense mechanism against drug overdose. generally, your body will go into shock, and you will probably die if left untreated. that said, what you do after being intoxicated is a whole different argument.

i can't really argue for the body scanners and pat downs though, the tsa sucks!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

blogs and podcasts can be interesting, but how can you seriously consider them legitimate sources of information? anyone can make those
That is the question these days. The sad reality is that anything you see on TV is likely well groomed propaganda, so the credibility difference between that garbage and somebodies pod cast does not exist.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I will take the worst out of the 4 before the guy that's in there now. He sucks real bad like a Dyson.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok...
Old 02-04-2012, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you hate the mainstream media, but you read politico? also, where do you think the drudge links come from? breitbart links are frequently posted on drudge report

i'll admit that "too much" is relative. however, you cannot possibly argue that cocaine is not more dangerous than alcohol. anything in excess can kill you, water and alcohol included. thing is, it takes quite a bit of alcohol to do that. normally, if you drink too much you throw up, which is your body's defense mechanism against alcohol poisoning. your body has no real defense mechanism against drug overdose. generally, your body will go into shock, and you will probably die if left untreated. that said, what you do after being intoxicated is a whole different argument.

i can't really argue for the body scanners and pat downs though, the tsa sucks!
Christ...

Drudge posts links from all over the U.S. Most of them are major city newspapers. Breitbart gets linked sometimes. Like I said, I don't read them.

I think you have to watch podcasts, read blogs, and subscribe to youtube channels to get a lot of information that you don't see on the televised news. Its not hard to tell if you're watching a wackjob or not.

Trying to differentiate between alcohol and drugs is idiotic, IMO. The only real difference is, one is legal. Alcohol is a drug. It has a negative effect on the same parts of the body that drugs do. There are plenty of frat boy stories to convey how easy it is to die from alcohol.

Another funny part is you think "tsa sucks". But you want to keep the people who support their work in power.

I'm stepping out of this thread. You seem like the type of guy who is convinced you are right. And everything else is wrong because somebody told you that. Going in circles gets old pretty quick for me.

Peace.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

i think all politicians suck dog ***. not one person goes in and does what they promise and no matter what the rich will always get richer mainly bc none of the candidates could run for office without the rich. they are all worthless and its only a matter of time before we go down the ******* farther then we already have. dont get me wrong i love this country i just hate the idiots in charge. especially with the religious bs that every one of them brings in. so honestly im not voting.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speedtigger
That is the question these days. The sad reality is that anything you see on TV is likely well groomed propaganda, so the credibility difference between that garbage and somebodies pod cast does not exist.
Much of what you see on the news, read in the papers or online from "credible" sources is good material. I tend to shy away from political stuff, as you can imagine the various slants. The key is having the ability to discern what is fact and what is crap. It's always a good idea to diversify your sources as well. Granted, you cannot cite any of this in an academic paper, I would consider much of the stuff out there to be fairly accurate, much more so than these podcasts and youtube videos.

Thing is, these companies all have rivals and enemies that are more than willing to hold each other accountable if they slip up. Therefore, politics notwithstanding, if they are to remain a reputable news outlet, it is in their best interest to report as accurately as possible. That is not to say you must believe everything you read 100%, but you cannot brush off everything you encounter, simply because it's "main stream media". Can't stand those political hipsters

Christ...

Drudge posts links from all over the U.S. Most of them are major city newspapers. Breitbart gets linked sometimes. Like I said, I don't read them.

I think you have to watch podcasts, read blogs, and subscribe to youtube channels to get a lot of information that you don't see on the televised news. Its not hard to tell if you're watching a wackjob or not.

Trying to differentiate between alcohol and drugs is idiotic, IMO. The only real difference is, one is legal. Alcohol is a drug. It has a negative effect on the same parts of the body that drugs do. There are plenty of frat boy stories to convey how easy it is to die from alcohol.

Another funny part is you think "tsa sucks". But you want to keep the people who support their work in power.

I'm stepping out of this thread. You seem like the type of guy who is convinced you are right. And everything else is wrong because somebody told you that. Going in circles gets old pretty quick for me.

Peace.
If I'm wrong, prove me wrong. Don't get all butt hurt

Last edited by Jake_the_Snake; 02-04-2012 at 11:53 PM.