HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna vote for Colbert!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
The key is having the ability to discern what is fact and what is crap.
this. i said this ^^^^^

lets see how well your bs detector works. here's the front page of fox news. tell me one thing from that front page that is "bs"

http://www.foxnews.com/
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thought this was pretty funny... RON PAUL FTW! Just sad how dumb some Americans are not to vote for him & vote for Romney. People say they hate our government & want to get rid of them. Ron Paul says the exact same ****. But still Americans don't get it.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:04 AM
TECH Addict

Ron Paul.

Ted Cruz.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

this. i said this ^^^^^

lets see how well your bs detector works. here's the front page of fox news. tell me one thing from that front page that is "bs"

http://www.foxnews.com/
There's a lot of "BS" on Fox News.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

Romney is Obama-Lite, nothing is going to change for us working class stiffs. Will vote for Ted Cruz to the US Senate!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
Romney is Obama-Lite, nothing is going to change for us working class stiffs. Will vote for Ted Cruz to the US Senate!
Good! We don't need another establishment Republican (Dewhurst) in D.C.!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Ron Pizzel
Old 05-11-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

on that note...I hate dewhurst, worthless sack of ****...and would rather see obama re-elected at this point. The GOP failed in spectacular fashion this time. I thought they couldn't top the McCain/Palin circus of 08, but I was wrong!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
on that note...I hate dewhurst, worthless sack of ****...and would rather see obama re-elected at this point. The GOP failed in spectacular fashion this time. I thought they couldn't top the McCain/Palin circus of 08, but I was wrong!
Well, my first choice was Herman Cain. I've always liked Ron Paul. There were a few decent choices, but ultimately the stupid GOP electorate picked the worst candidate.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Well, my first choice was Herman Cain. I've always liked Ron Paul. There were a few decent choices, but ultimately the stupid GOP electorate picked the worst candidate.
I liked Herman Cain and John Huntsman, could care less about Romney and most of the others.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shackleford
There's a lot of "BS" on Fox News.
sure there is, just like any other news agency. the trick is separating the wheat from the chaff, aka reading/watching the actual news shows rather than the pundits lol
Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6x3R...e_gdata_player

^^^ **** Ron Paul....he's weak and he's a *****.anyone is better then Obama...
Old 05-12-2012, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthTexasBully
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6x3R...e_gdata_player

^^^ **** Ron Paul....he's weak and he's a *****.anyone is better then Obama...
Really.... And why do you think then? Not saying it was right & that thousands of innocent people died & lost their family members. I'm glad we killed Bin Laden & Saddam. But majority of Americans are blind & think we live in this perfect lil world & Americans are just so nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duhaz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myyyf...eature=related

Last edited by DoggyB22; 05-12-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:39 AM
TECH Addict

He obviously doesn't understand Ron Paul and the points he makes about foreign policy. Someone who disdainfully dismisses them so quickly doesn't want to understand them, so it would be pointless to analyze the situation in an effort elucidate them for him.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Really.... And why do you think then? Not saying it was right & that thousands of innocent people died & lost their family members. I'm glad we killed Bin Laden & Saddam. But majority of Americans are blind & think we live in this perfect lil world & Americans are just so nice.
and ron paul thinks we live in this perfect lil world and the rest of the world is just so nice, as do far too many americans. like i said in a previous post, certain parts of the world would go downhill rather quickly if they didn't think the united states would "rectify" the situation. as for foreign bases--they're there for a variety of historical and modern reasons. we would be wise to keep them there, at least for the time being.

for the record, i am for cuts to the defense budget to a certain degree. a leaner and meaner military is always a good thing, but across the board cuts is not the way to do it. generally speaking, i think ron paul's foreign policy views are great--if the year was 1850 and the country had not yet been globalized. but it's not 1850 and we live in a world where just about everything is connected, a world where ron paul's foreign policy strategies are dangerous.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

and ron paul thinks we live in this perfect lil world and the rest of the world is just so nice, as do far too many americans. like i said in a previous post, certain parts of the world would go downhill rather quickly if they didn't think the united states would "rectify" the situation. as for foreign bases--they're there for a variety of historical and modern reasons. we would be wise to keep them there, at least for the time being.

for the record, i am for cuts to the defense budget to a certain degree. a leaner and meaner military is always a good thing, but across the board cuts is not the way to do it. generally speaking, i think ron paul's foreign policy views are great--if the year was 1850 and the country had not yet been globalized. but it's not 1850 and we live in a world where just about everything is connected, a world where ron paul's foreign policy strategies are dangerous.
It's clear you misunderstand, too.

There is no Constitutional provision for maintaining U.S. military bases overseas. It does not exist. You have to accept this fact.

There is no Constitutional provision for maintaining U.S. military bases to act as world police overseas. It does not exist. You have to accept this fact.

Now, let's get to Ron Paul's alternative. Good trade makes good neighbors. In cases where we sanction and forbid trade (e.g. Cuba), it's usually because it's a dictator oppressing the people. The U.S. put sanctions on the county because the dictator is oppressing them and we then restrict free trade to the country as punishment to the dictator, but we ultimately makes things worse for the people. That doesn't make sense. If trade were to develop, Cuba would slowly become more free. Ron Paul cites Vietnam as an example. I'm in rush, so I can't be as articulate or eloquent as I want.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Sometimes maintaining a U.S. base overseas is the most effective thing to do...
However the fraud, waste, and abuse concerning the leasing of training grounds and rules surrounding the bases need to be changed.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Teching In

The attack anyone, anywhere mindset is NOT why I support bases overseas. It is about preventing the need for that, which is far more expensive than the cost of the base. It is cheaper to leave a few bases overseas than to go to war, and it does work. The real benefit is to provide stability to the region that we just destroyed, to have our military building friendships with the host nation's military while conducting training, and the most important aspect overlooked by pretty much everyone... you get soldiers on their free time spending time with the population of the host country. It is HARD for people to spread propaganda about how evil our armed forces are when the people they're talking to have met our military members and had positive experiences, or at least witnessed that they're real people.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:16 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
A military presence does nothing but have them hate us more, those bases do cost us billions and escalates tension to start a war. How about if China, Russia, Iran ect ect all set up random bases all in the US, to help with the peace and keep stability across the US? Would you like a foreign military presence in our country? Americans are blinded with lies and deception, those bases do nothing but cause more tension, not peace or have them loving us. Where in our CONSTITUTION does it say we MUST go over seas and protect all these countries from the "bad" man and set up shop afterwards? You do realize we stared this problem with Iran, with us OVERTHROWING A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED OFFICIAL right?

Us being all over, toppling dictators only to prop up another DICTATOR that agrees with our terms on oil, minerals ect. ect is hypocrisy. Most Americans are living in an illusion thinking that "terrorists" hate us because we are free and have McDonalds or we must have bases everywhere that is part of out 700 billion + defense budget. And Islam is going to take us over unless we counter them with MORE bombs and MORE bloodshed all while doing massive civilian casualties and pissing the crap out of the supposed people we are protecting, thats freedom right?
Give me one example of a base being where it is unwanted.