So Im looking on craigslist

Old 01-27-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So Im looking on craigslist

For another seadoo. I come upon this add for (2) 2007 GTI seadoos. these go for about $4000 each used. But the ad said $2400 shipped for both. It also said they were located in austin.( the add mysteriously disapeared also) So I emailed the person and I got this response:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my skis.They are in perfect working condition with nothing mechanically wrong - like new! If you decide to buy them, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me.
For this transaction I want to use Yahoo Autos because I want to have a smooth and fast transaction . The jet skis are at the shipping company warehouse in Pittsburgh,PA and from there them will be shipped to buyer's address. You will have to make the payment to Yahoo Autos and they will hold the money until you receive the skis. ONLY AFTER you receive and inspect them(for 5 days) they will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the skis at your requested address. During all this time Yahoo Autos will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the skis before decided to buy them. In this way we are both protected.
The final price is $2,400 with shipping costs and insurance included. The price is low because I want to sell the skis very quickly. My husband died 2 months ago and I along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and move to my sister. I can't afford to take day off my work for this sale so I'm try to sell them online.
If you are really interested in purchasing the skis please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. Yahoo Autos will notify you all the details about the shipping and payment.
I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.
Regards!

Nice scam. I only buy what I can see,ride and inspect.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away my friend.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol...I saw a Yenko Camaro ad like that several years ago, 14K Yenko, yeah right ************...
Old 01-27-2012, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If it's on Craigslist and the owner isn't local...that's a red flag. That's the whole point of CL.

Don't buy or sell on CL if shipping will be involved, or you will have a 90%+ chance of getting screwed.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

its a scam
Old 01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

its a scam
Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually know an idiot that fell for this trick....oddly for $2400 as well, except this was for a camper trailer. He paid with a money order too which offers no traceability so he's out the money.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by '02 WS6
I actually know an idiot that fell for this trick....oddly for $2400 as well, except this was for a camper trailer. He paid with a money order too which offers no traceability so he's out the money.
ive never known someone that fell for one. did you talk to him about it? i mean, how can you NOT think its a scam? i'm in austin but my jet skis are in PA (wtf#1)...pay me online (wtf#2) and i'll ship them to you cross country(wtf#3)...
how can you honestly be that braindead to go send some random *** person money and hope they just ship stuff to you.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Launching!

I worked with an idiot that fell for one to.. he brought the (fake) check to work and asked us what he should do..

Search this Thread