Taking applications for mechanic and tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Taking applications for mechanic and tuner

Due to the workload at the shop we have decided to hire another mechanic. The following position is listed below with a brief description. Just posting this to get applicants.

Mechanic
LP is looking for a MECHANIC that is well adapted to all platforms and can perform the duties from a simple air intake install to full drive line rebuilds on Corvettes, Camaro's,Mustangs,Vipers etc. Knowing how to fab or weld is a plus to this position as we get alot of custom additions with projects. Must be able to install everything from headers,A&A/ECS superchargers to TTIX twin turbo kits etc. You must have the proper tools for this position and we are not looking for a tech wanting to learn. With the current workload at the shop we need someone to hit the ground running. A good attitude and being able to work well with others is a must and regular shop hrs are 8:00 to 6:00 Mon thru Friday, Saturday's will be by appointment only for small jobs and we will work with the potential candidate to fit there needs. Position salary and benefits will be discussed with each potential candidate.

All qualified applicants should send a resume to me.

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 05-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Wish I lived in Texas right about now
Old 02-10-2012, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

I have a socket set. Can I apply?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

It's hard to find good help. I'll pass the info on if I know of someone worthy of the position and not just looking for a job.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:16 AM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'de apply but I'm certain JM would dip me in acid and bury me in concrete under the dyno shortly after entering the property. Spirited past...took me a while to grow up.

I wish Danny and team the best in finding superior employee's in the near future.

Bump!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2TR
I'de apply but I'm certain JM would dip me in acid and bury me in concrete under the dyno shortly after entering the property. Spirited past...took me a while to grow up.

I wish Danny and team the best in finding superior employee's in the near future.

Bump!
Its all good. Ive slowed down alot just like to have fun and let the cars do the talking
Old 02-12-2012, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wish I could grow up I still have the mindset of a troubled teen lol

Good luck with the search. Good mechanics are hard to find.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM
9 Second Club

TTT Mechanic position open!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lethal Performance is in San Antonio right?
Old 05-10-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Lethal Performance is in San Antonio right?
Yup. And believe me, Lethal seems slammed 24/7.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can I ask what a
Old 05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can I ask what a position like this pays????

I have 4-5 years in performance parts installing

10 plus years and school in welding and fabrication.

Nothin exact on pay. Just ball park.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

You could just edit your post ol' chap.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not really sure that i would be applicable for this job as far as legitimate experience goes working for a company, or business, but i'm 20 yrs old, and do all my work out of my garage. it may be a far cry, but i'm confident that i can do anything, and do it right at that. I'm out of high school as of 2010, and in pursuit of a mechanical engineering degree as we speak. I'm a real gear head, and have knowledge far beyond many people my age, especially in the LS game. I'm currently undergoing a complete build on my camaro that is ALL my work, which can stand pretty clear i'm extremely able to perform any automotive mechanical task that i put my mind to, and i think my build thread alone speaks for itself pretty clearly. i wouldn't say that i'm someone that would be considered a "tech" that needs to learn, but i'm constantly learning with everything i do.

i don't mind submitting a resume, but i'd rather not waste my time applying for a position that i'm not completely qualifed for.

I have a baby girl on the way, and i really need to find something else as far as work goes, and i'd love to be in the field that i'm passionate about.

check out my build, and let me know what you think. here
Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
I'm not really sure that i would be applicable for this job as far as legitimate experience goes working for a company, or business, but i'm 20 yrs old, and do all my work out of my garage. it may be a far cry, but i'm confident that i can do anything, and do it right at that. I'm out of high school as of 2010, and in pursuit of a mechanical engineering degree as we speak. I'm a real gear head, and have knowledge far beyond many people my age, especially in the LS game. I'm currently undergoing a complete build on my camaro that is ALL my work, which can stand pretty clear i'm extremely able to perform any automotive mechanical task that i put my mind to, and i think my build thread alone speaks for itself pretty clearly. i wouldn't say that i'm someone that would be considered a "tech" that needs to learn, but i'm constantly learning with everything i do.

i don't mind submitting a resume, but i'd rather not waste my time applying for a position that i'm not completely qualifed for.

I have a baby girl on the way, and i really need to find something else as far as work goes, and i'd love to be in the field that i'm passionate about.

Check that out, another guy a bit older than me with a 370 who knows a lot about LS motors and did/does all of his own work. Don't see too many of those around here, I guess we're a rare breed my man, only a few of us on here
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Teching In

To bad you dont have a shop in phx. ASE certified tech, tools and years of experience. Let me know when you open one near by or if you are hiring in a year or two.
Good luck finding someone!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn JM can I apply lol! It would be one hell of a drive for me lol! Good luck finding a good Mechanic bro!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

Some of the fastest street Vettes in the world that look amazing, guys that bring them 4 hours to Baytown on a moments notice driving through the night, drop them off the trailer and run 9's every single pass, take out SW at TI, and it is no wonder the work load has increased. Great group of guys.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
Can I ask what a position like this pays????

I have 4-5 years in performance parts installing

10 plus years and school in welding and fabrication.

Nothin exact on pay. Just ball park.
Please email. You can discuss pay with Danny.

Originally Posted by scj

LOL Did you forget you got in a pissing match with my about my gay intake? Let me refresh your memory!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l-pattern.html

Im willing to forgive and forget

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Damn JM can I apply lol! It would be one hell of a drive for me lol! Good luck finding a good Mechanic bro!
Jeff we could do some damage over here.

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Some of the fastest street Vettes in the world that look amazing, guys that bring them 4 hours to Baytown on a moments notice driving through the night, drop them off the trailer and run 9's every single pass, take out SW at TI, and it is no wonder the work load has increased. Great group of guys.
Thanks bud! We have gone to the school of pushing breaking and learning! It never ends and your car is a true street brawler. Glad the motor is happy and still making some dam good power!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6

LOL Did you forget you got in a pissing match with me about my gay intake? Let me refresh your memory!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l-pattern.html

Im willing to forgive and forget
I honestly already forgot that even occured, especially with who it was. The intake still isn't my style, but to each their own.

never intended to bust ***** about it, consider it forgiven and forgotten.

work is always more important.

i concour with my questions regarding this job opportunity.