Today sucked...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012 | 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Sux2bu!
Old 02-20-2012 | 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
Sometimes thing like that happen, and its best to step away from it just to clear your head... come back a few minutes/hours later with a better and more optimistic mind. Those were just signs not to keep on going!
I think that's true.. In fact I'm one step closer to finishing now. The upper mount just decided to let go shooting itself and the spring into the garage door. Safety first! That could have been my face, so things are looking up.. Now I can get the Eibach one on and hope I didn't mess up the threads getting the old nut off.

I hope the passenger side treats me better.
Old 02-21-2012 | 08:47 AM
On The Tree

What a Happy Presidents Day you had......maybe you can thank Obama!!
Old 02-21-2012 | 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Update: Made a quick trip to LQK/LKQ (whatever) and pulled a strut w/ spring and mount attached. Quickest way for me to get back on the road. Car is back together with new end links with cool red bushings. Red = Performance!

So, if anyone saw a white guy at the salvage yard that was me!

Also, F! the guy that put the torx bolt under the brake fluid reservior. F you to H!
Old 02-21-2012 | 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jgarza54
Hope you didn't get none of that blood on my car lmao jk
Hahaha no worries, I used the side bolster of your seat to wipe it all off. I won't lie, my hands were covered in old dirty transmission fluid as well
Old 02-22-2012 | 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

i had the same issue with the shock mount not separating from the shock. messed with it for hours before giving up and putting the old shock back in.

i read up on it, and apparently that's a common issue, and some people recommend to cut the stud off the old shock, and then hammer it out from the back side. i didnt want to do that incase i run out of time, and wont be able to get the new shock in... i was hoping to find a used pair of shock mounts for cheap so i could just have my new shocks/springs all assembled and swap out the whole units.
Old 02-22-2012 | 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like what i went through when i changed mine except for the thumb part but glad you got it all under control
Old 02-22-2012 | 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

For my next try I will have assembled struts w/ aftermarket springs and mounts attached and mounts oriented correctly before I pull out the old ones.

After I slipped in the salvage yard replacement, I did a little 110 mpg shake down run just to make sure everything was okay. I didn't want to go any faster because I had some left over nuts and bolts.
Old 02-22-2012 | 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
i had the same issue with the shock mount not separating from the shock. messed with it for hours before giving up and putting the old shock back in.

i read up on it, and apparently that's a common issue, and some people recommend to cut the stud off the old shock, and then hammer it out from the back side. i didnt want to do that incase i run out of time, and wont be able to get the new shock in... i was hoping to find a used pair of shock mounts for cheap so i could just have my new shocks/springs all assembled and swap out the whole units.
I went beyond the point of no return and cut off the top nut and messed up the threads before having a planned way to bail out. Then I had the mounts all twisted so nothing matched up and I was getting frustrated. Having the replacement assembled ready is the way to go! Even with the hurt thumb it took me no time to pull the assembly from the salvage yard, get it installed, and back on the road.