New WRAP on my car, matte anthracite/gloss black

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by gabeg94z
along with the trunk only the roof and the sail will be gloss.
Will look great once that's done. Right now, kinda doo doo.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^lol ok gloss is coming off
Old 03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok changed the hood wrap and trunk, also installed my wheels. lmk what you think. some might like it some might not, no offense taken, thanks!! Also the red will be gloss black just havent had time to do it.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I looked at the car I thought it was primered lol but good work.

I'd love to have my car wrapped to save money on paint that is if it is cheaper.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

well its almost the same as paint, but last longer and the colors are more unique, lol thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club

i thought the flat black wrap faded when i saw that car at c&c
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am loving the wheels! What brand are they?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 AM
11 Second Club

As others said, wrap whole car. However dark winted windows and a black halo would look sick.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not feeling it either. I'm not really a fan of the flat colors and wrap for that matter. Case in point, that 2011 Camaro at C&C Houston this last Saturday that was wrapped in Matte Black looked horrible. Also, a down part of wrap is the front looks bad after a little bit of Houston road grime and typically has nicks and tears in the wrap. I will say that you are pretty damn good at what you do as getting that all lined up perfectly is incredible, just not my taste.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Matte colors look good on expensive cars, but on sub $50K cars it sorta looks like the owner is saving up for a paint job. Just my opinion on it.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gabeg94z
well its almost the same as paint, but last longer and the colors are more unique
I'm a bit confused by this. What do you mean? I think paint would have more unique colors than something printed.

The car looks good, though I would wrap the whole car; the rear being red just doesn't look right to me. Gloss black would be cool but the red just looks like it doesn't belong.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

I bet it looks cool in person but [not trying to be mean] have the feel of primer in your pics.

I think it's a bit of an art to get matte black to work on cars. I didn't paint my Merc a flat or 'suede' color as the custom guys would call it because I didn't want folks to think it was a temporary color until I decided what color I really wanted to paint it.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by v8sten
i thought the flat black wrap faded when i saw that car at c&c
lol no the flat black was taken off and this was added.

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
I am loving the wheels! What brand are they?
they are Giovanna mecca light weight wheels, 20x10 20x8.5

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Not feeling it either. I'm not really a fan of the flat colors and wrap for that matter. Case in point, that 2011 Camaro at C&C Houston this last Saturday that was wrapped in Matte Black looked horrible. Also, a down part of wrap is the front looks bad after a little bit of Houston road grime and typically has nicks and tears in the wrap. I will say that you are pretty damn good at what you do as getting that all lined up perfectly is incredible, just not my taste.
I have seen that Camaro as well and I cringed when I saw the lack of attention paid while installing this wrap. I have been wrapping for 3 + years and since at Deviate Autosport we are car enthusiasts first we pay attention to detail. Usually the ones that attempt to wrap are commercial print media wrap guys and if you notice they are used to trimming at the edges and never disassembling parts. We do, we have gotten so many positive remarks on our wraps that we are currently in the works of also expanding to the print media wraps, but our passion will be in the color change wraps. We are expanding to supply a demand. Back to the wraps, if done right they will not peel, and should tuck under parts. Feel free to ask questions

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Matte colors look good on expensive cars, but on sub $50K cars it sorta looks like the owner is saving up for a paint job. Just my opinion on it.
lol one DAY! on the other hand, tony can you pm me sponsor info, please thanks.

Originally Posted by Morbid
I'm a bit confused by this. What do you mean? I think paint would have more unique colors than something printed. well with a wrap, we can do the same if not even better than paint, we can also add texture and for example, 3d carbon fiber....but to each his own, ill never paint my car ever again, for the reason that a wrap is interchangeable and never damages my original paint. but to each his own.

The car looks good, though I would wrap the whole car; the rear being red just doesn't look right to me. Gloss black would be cool but the red just looks like it doesn't belong.
yes the red is just because I haven't had time to finish on this i do agree

Last edited by gabeg94z; 03-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: New WRAP on my car, matte anthracite/gloss black