View Poll Results: What do you think the better choice would be?
Swap for a Black LTZ Tahoe 2008-2011
29.41%
Keep the WS6
70.59%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

01' WS6 possibly swapping to a Tahoe LTZ...opinions wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the car. I just (finally) finished with school not too long ago, and trust me. Nobody wants to be the person with the car that has room for everybody. Not to mention the more people you carry around, the better chance something will get broken, leather ripped, dirty, so forth so on. My GF has a LTZ and still has one more year left in college and she hates to drive her car for those reasons and then some.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quick
Must be nice to afford a Tahoe LTZ in college!
Just work it's not hard by any means.

Do you care about having a payment? I'm financing mine since I have no credit, I have the full pay off set aside so I'm not worried.

Does anyone know if it builds credit if you pay it off early or should I just do the full term of payments?

You will love the Tahoe over your car, does kinda suck when you have the itch to go fast but it's well worth it. When I had the 250 and the escalade sittng in the drive way I never once thought back on my car. You can make a Tahoe quick too, there's a couple daddy's money kids around here with 13 second full size silverados, I think one has a 100 shot.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jeremyfrank14
Huh?!?!
Exactly! Google "excess oil consumption on 07 Chevy Tahoe". GM had a design issue that causes excessive oil burn. Most folks I know either get rid of the vehicle or tune out the Displacement on Demand (DoD). I just tuned mine out and am hoping it fixes the problem. Just check it out before buying. May only be a problem with the 07 models.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i get what you mean about wanting a bigger vehicle and quiter DD. i could never drive a f-body or any car really as a DD. i love driving so driving to places is not that big of a deal to me except for gas is a bitch and it's getting worse. im with what someone said above keep the f-body and buy a 03-07 model tahoe or silverado. those things are pretty well built in my opinion. i have an 02 ecsb and it still runs strong. although i have a small oil leak now at 200k.....

EDIT: Don't get black. i hate having a black truck, it's a bitch to try and keep somewhat clean, hard to clean scratches like hell oh and it's hard to keep clean. get a light color i.e. white, pewter, silver
Old 03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a nice ws6 you have there. I would keep the car and purchase a used tahoe like everyone says. Gas is the same just use the hoe as a daily and the bird on the weekends. thats what I did when I had my ss.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Launching!

I think I'm just going to pass on the Tahoe at the moment, and wait it out. In reality I could wait another year before I actually pull the trigger but the more I think about it, I will really miss the "get up & go" this ws6 has. Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it!