Lou Gigliotti, Republican for US Congress

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's cool, but I work in Oil & Gas on actual drilling rigs, I have worked on actual government permits (NPDES) first hand for the last 4 years in the interest of oil and gas operators. The EPA does do a lot of good, the larger operators I have worked for and even some of the smaller ones do care about doing the right thing, but I would hate to see what some of these smaller cow boy independents or relic company man would do if there was no EPA like the "old days." Imagine going deep sea fishing and the rig your fishing next to is going over board with Zinc during a completion job or Diesel Based Drilling Fluids. I have worked on land also, imagine a production facility that no longer had to maintain their containment of tank batteries and crude or production chemicals leaked in to navigable waters that you fish on. The federal government does a lot of bull ****, but a lot of the rules are there for a reason. When we're off shore and some guy with 3 fingers talks about the good old days, I am thankful for the actual rules that people had to pay in blood so we have.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I was in your district I'm in east dallas whiterock lake area