Who/What are DFWGMELITE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Thats me dropping off the car and picking it up a week later, running...
Ok then thats not bad... I guess if your wanting to save some money you might want to do it yourself.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm I would just do it myself, wouldn't take much money to do it this way if you can be without the ride.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slitterell
You know, some of them are just a bunch of online 'bullies' because they can get away with it online. They wouldn't say that to you in real life because they are a bunch of pussies. Easy to be a dick behind a computer screen. Even easier when you don't have the ***** to back it up on the track.

My favorite response from people like that is, "Your still a ricer!" which isn't accurate and is just a bitch move.

This is the definition of irony. You're cool and collective with your post on here, yet this is what you're really saying on your own forum. LOL

Stir stir stir
Old 03-29-2012, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would get down with anybody on that website, out on the drag strip. LOL
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Decided to go check out the site (didn't register), since they have a CTS-V that comes out, and this is what welcomed me...

asherby85 - 06 Saturn Redline Comp - 259HP 241TQ

facepalm_IRL - 05 Saturn Redline - 253HP 242TQ

blkwdoss - 06 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC (TC Swapped) - 438HP

Grollins - 09 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC - 330HP

Hockyman - 07 Cobalt SS/SC - 269HP

Slow6 - 97 Pontiac GP (TC Swapped) - 343HP 575TQ

Dallasneon - 02 Pontiac GP SC - 282HP 506TQ
I am going to call BS on the TQ numbers for the bold number...haha

And I found the guy with the CTS-V...and its alright. Silver 07 with minor mods, and Hooker Headers, which Hooker never made for the CTS-V. Unless they are universal shorties or completely custom , I am calling BS on that as well. The only companys that offer or offered a Long Tube for the 04 to 07 CTS-V are Kooks, SW, B&B, OBX, and Pacesetters.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:25 PM

Those are the numbers the dyno read -- most likely wrong -- but if I need to I can get copies of the dyno sheets.

Not sure why we would lie about it..

So instead of just calling BS why not come out and check the cars out for yourself? We'd welcome the "inspection"

You can also check out the dyno videos here -- http://www.dfwgmelite.com/smf/index.php?topic=1850.0

I know this doesn't prove a whole lot... but ... yeah...
Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Whataburger meets aren't really DGE related. It actually used to be a Jbody meet and has just turned into a weekly thing that we go and hang out. Who's your friend?[/QUOTE]

Hoffman, drives a white ion that used to be primer, and it was black before that.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just saying S/C or T/C GM 4 or 6 cylinder engine will not make 500+, almost 600, Torque and only make the listed HP numbers. I came from an the S/C 3800 GP GTP, and I know the engine and what it can do. Those numbers just simply will not happen like that. I have seen guys making those tq numbers, but there HP number was considerably higher.

And I don't think I would be able to make it from Abilene to DFW for meets with a bunch of Cobalts and Ions. I already got a friend out here with a ZZP T/C SS, and he is all I can handle from that world...and I am on my way to Kuwait, so I will not be making a 7000 mile trip for a car meet...

Maybe this fall...but there will be a new LSx car with me, and not my turd of a CTS-V.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Blue85350

Hoffman, drives a white ion that used to be primer, and it was black before that.
James, yeah, I'm bringing him a turbo manifold tonight that was off my red car. It's a chill group, we just hang out and grab a bite to eat. It'd be cool if you decided to come out.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
I just saying S/C or T/C GM 4 or 6 cylinder engine will not make 500+, almost 600, Torque and only make the listed HP numbers. I came from an the S/C 3800 GP GTP, and I know the engine and what it can do. Those numbers just simply will not happen like that. I have seen guys making those tq numbers, but there HP number was considerably higher.

And I don't think I would be able to make it from Abilene to DFW for meets with a bunch of Cobalts and Ions. I already got a friend out here with a ZZP T/C SS, and he is all I can handle from that world...and I am on my way to Kuwait, so I will not be making a 7000 mile trip for a car meet...

Maybe this fall...but there will be a new LSx car with me, and not my turd of a CTS-V.
That's cool, didn't know where you were located at. Location just says Texas.

Like I said, those numbers are more than likely wrong, but it's what the dyno spit out. The rest of the tq numbers were right where they should be so no clue why it did it only on the GP's

Who's your friend with the ZZP TC?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Those look like diesel dyno numbers.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by asherby85
Who's your friend with the ZZP TC?
I was typing to fast for my own good...the guy out here isn't ZZP, my friend in NH HAD a ZZP SS. His name is Kieth, or Tityous is his S/N on here. He sold he Cobalt to buy a 2012 CTS-V Coupe...wise choice is I do say so myself.

The guy out here has an 09 T/C SS on the bottle. His name is Korey, but the S/N I know he has is Balt2NV. I cant remember what is done to his, but is make 32xhp/34xtq.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:04 PM

I was typing to fast for my own good...the guy out here isn't ZZP, my friend in NH HAD a ZZP SS. His name is Kieth, or Tityous is his S/N on here. He sold he Cobalt to buy a 2012 CTS-V Coupe...wise choice is I do say so myself.

The guy out here has an 09 T/C SS on the bottle. His name is Korey, but the S/N I know he has is Balt2NV. I cant remember what is done to his, but is make 32xhp/34xtq.
Cobalt to CTS-V is great. I love my Saturn, but if I had the money there would be a couple other cars that I would love to have.

Dunno who Korey is, but I hope that hp is off the bottle... cause if it's on the bottle then that's way to low for a SSTC
Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is it off the bottle...he just a little 75 shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii7_1...6&feature=plcp
This is him from a few months back...car is slow, haha.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:15 PM

A 75 shot is about all our cars can handle safely -- 100 shot is really pushing it.

So I guess he's stock motor wise. We have a member that has a SSTC and all he has down is exhaust and tune and made 330 on the dyno.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the numbers are wrong, find a better dyno? That's like being dyno'd by an iPhone app.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mike96z
If the numbers are wrong, find a better dyno? That's like being dyno'd by an iPhone app.
We plan on having another dyno day... that was just the first one we had been to.. And I don't really think that there was anything wrong with the dyno. The rest of our numbers were right where they were supposed to be. Something with the GP's..
Old 03-29-2012, 07:32 PM
LS7 Member

Nah, if it put down the numbers on the rollers it has to be legit. Prob easy 10 sec cars with that power to weight ratio.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 AM

Is it off the bottle...he just a little 75 shot.

This is him from a few months back...car is slow, haha.
He is the only cobalt owner I know that runs around on a 275 tire up front. Also doesnt he own a Z06 as well?

Im pretty sure the dyno numbers werent calculated correctly. The owner of the shop kept trying to do pulls with the GTPs but the car would downshift every time he hit the gas and then come back with these extreme torque numbers.

and Tink, who's Jeremy? I never said any names or specifics on the car/truck I was referring too, Just said I had a friend with a pretty sweet TT LSX and was trying to ask questions about your build. Guess this isnt the place for such a discussion and we will slide back over to our site. Sorry we interrupted, We will make it clear to our members that putting such cards on any of the GM v8s wont be necessary.

l8r,
PD
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
I get 30mpg with moderate driving and I dont use a bottle. I like srt4s but the longevity and reliability isnt there. Plus the crank angle in the 2.4 sux, seen a lot of rod bearings give up because of it. Ive driven a few but if I were going with a 4dr it would be an Evo.

What turbos are you running? and what displacement? I have a friend running an LSx with twin PTEs making 1100+whp, car is pretty sick. Destroyed the straps at the last dyno day I was at. I like to give him **** because I still make more WHP per liter than he does.

and remember, it would be a lose lose for anyone that we race as well, If I win, they lost to a Cobalt, and if I lose, who cares... its a cobalt, which goes even better for the GFs Saturn, cuz no suspects a Saturn.

l8r,
PD

I've owned 5 Neons (SOHC-nitrous, 3 DOHC-2 with nitrous, 1 with HRC Stage III kit minus internals - 20g with 16g wheel) and an SRT4 running upwards of 20psi and I never broke a damn thing minus axles, brake and hubs, motor mounts, and burning up clutches. Either generation Neon would beat the crap out of the rest of the 4 cylinders out of the box and when modded it wouldn't be close. Those TSI's are fun as hell too..........don't get me started on how much *** was beat with the Spirit R/T econobox sleeper with a bleed.....

What you guys have to understand, and I came to see it about 2005, is that the retard import (and domestic sometimes for that matter) drivers have ruined it for guys with legitimately fast 4 cylinder cars. I loved the hell out of those FWD Mopars, but all of the 'tards that would show up to meets or whatever with there shopping cart wings, grapefruit cannon exhaust tips, plexiglass body kits, neons, stupid attitudes and clothes, and all that other gay *** **** screwed up a good thing. I know you guys love your cars, but you gotta take the good with the bad.......next time you see a ricer, embarass the **** out of him......repeatedly......I always do....................BUT don't expect too many people on the LS1, Mustang, Corvette, etc forums to give you much, if any, props......

Quick Reply: Who/What are DFWGMELITE?