Who/What are DFWGMELITE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asherby85
You can't tell me that a car that makes more than double what it did from the factory isn't impressive.

While I don't know what your car makes and it is probably more than 438 as I can see a intercooler in the front bumper of your car (if that's your car in the pic)

However, my comment was more directed to Mike96z who called us ricers and from his profile only says he makes 340Hp
oh that's just some random TA in my avatar....

and no i don't think a car that makes double the power from the factory is impressive. a bone stock LS1 can dyno 300-315rw. add LT, cam and a little bit of nitrous and you're now doubled without doing any "major" modifications.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 PM

I just wanted to come in here and "try" to set things straight with who we are..

Probably made things worse, but I guess I got offended when I see someone who knows nothing about the club call us ricers.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

This might get interesting.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a tough crowd, Ill agree with that....
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM

I'm just going to leave things where they are. Not stepping down, but I'm not going to continue as you all have your opinions about us already made before even taking a chance to see what we are about.

Tink, I'd welcome the opportunity to see your car. I know I'm slow but I take great pride in my car and I do all my modifications myself. To me that's what matters, not the horse power or the amount of cylinders.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just wanted to come in here and "try" to set things straight with who we are..

Probably made things worse, but I guess I got offended when I see someone who knows nothing about the club call us ricers.

What is your "scene" if I may ask. And what scene do you think we are part of?

I think it's funny that ya'll are calling us ricers when we have cars that would drag your *** down the highway..
you want people to learn about your club? don't be overly defensive and arrogant.

as you so pointed out, you were irritated by 1 persons comment. a responsible club owner/president would have PM'd that one person offering them to come out and check out the meet and GTG's. etc.

you're making your own bed.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:22 PM

That's quite possibly the truth... may have been the wrong statement to make at that point..

It was necessarily backing up/getting defensive about my club.. but more over the cobalt/ions...

Before I even found this thread I've had so many people tell me that TA's will never join the club because they think they are better than everyone else. I told them no, that we just hadn't met the right ones yet and that we'd get some in the club. Then this pops up and Mike went off with his statement. Almost verifying exactly what others had told me.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Blah, I'll leave it at that.

Just because we have 4 cylinders we are automatically ricers to this community. Doesn't matter what we have done to our cars or how much horse power we make you guys won't respect any of us.
Nope, sure won't. Not when you joined this forum today to simply come on and try to defend your group of 97 members, and then talk trash to a member on this board.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 PM

Everyone has to start somewhere right? I'm not supposed to defend my group because it only has 97 members?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Outside looking in... but honestly I could care less of car clubs. A lot of events were already set up based on sites like LS1tech, LS2, DallasRacing, so on and so forth.

It just is not for some people, myself included. I could understand possibly attending a meet, but not essentially joining a car club and waving a little banner around.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Outside looking in... but honestly I could care less of car clubs. A lot of events were already set up based on sites like LS1tech, LS2, DallasRacing, so on and so forth.

It just is not for some people, myself included. I could understand possibly attending a meet, but not essentially joining a car club and waving a little banner around.

Just my opinion.
I wouldn't necessarily say we are a club in the sense that everyone is thinking.

Yeah we all have stickers on our back windows that have the club site on them

But we have no dues, no rules on how many meets you have to attend. We understand people have lives outside of cars.

Our meets are GM based but we welcome out any car type to the meets. We are car enthusiasts and enjoy talking to anyone that is a fellow car enthusiast.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Someone drag tink already so he can come back down to earth. lol.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by red90cobra
Someone drag tink already so he can come back down to earth. lol.
you shut your little ***** mouth.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:36 PM

Tink, I am curious as to what you have.

It is true, car clubs aren't for all people. There are plenty of benefits to one though. Discounts play a big benefit. Between track and dyno days and parts/accessories. Often, there are people that help out with mods or tunes because they have been there before and know the easiest and best route and do it just to be fun and friendly.

Anticop, I don't blame you there. I have a bunch of friends that I enjoy hanging out with that I have known since high school and making time for a track meet or anything else is superfluous when you already know people that can do the same.

No need in getting upset or use condescending or negative language towards each other. We are all out to do the same thing in different way. Different strokes for different folks, right?

I hate to break any ones heart here but the term "Ricer" refers to Asian cars and specifically Japanese. Funny enough, we are considered "American Muscle" as yourselves because, well, no one witty enough has come up with a derogatory term for our name for our cars. That and many of us are supercharged which is very much a muscle car trait.

I have raced a 79 Monte Carlo SS with 1200+ hp NA, a 1200+ na Chevette, and a 1500+ na 69 Camaro SS so I am no stranger to the high hp v8 applications. I have future plans of such too but I am in the process of trying to buy a house first :-)
Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 PM

Thank you for chiming in Sean.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wouldn't necessarily say we are a club in the sense that everyone is thinking.

But we have no dues, no rules on how many meets you have to attend. We understand people have lives outside of cars.

Our meets are GM based but we welcome out any car type to the meets. We are car enthusiasts and enjoy talking to anyone that is a fellow car enthusiast.

No, I understand that. I am just saying that a lot more people these days are consolidating to one or two websites.

The website/car club deal is saturated to say the least.

Nothing against your group. Just the way it seems for me
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slitterell
Tink, I am curious as to what you have.
just a beat up old Fbody. nothing nice really. the hood doesn't even fit well and is primer black!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by BigBronco
No, I understand that. I am just saying that a lot more people these days are consolidating to one or two websites.

The website/car club deal is saturated to say the least.

Nothing against your group. Just the way it seems for me
I can agree with you on the saturation statement. I had started the club 3 years ago because there was nothing local in DFW for GM's. Now there are 2.

Like I told Tink via PM. I let my pride take control of me. And I already apologized to him.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slitterell
I have raced a 79 Monte Carlo SS with 1200+ hp NA, a 1200+ na Chevette, and a 1500+ na 69 Camaro SS so I am no stranger to the high hp v8 applications. I have future plans of such too but I am in the process of trying to buy a house first :-)
details on these cars? those are some pretty lofty HP's numbers for N/A application. that's NHRA Prostock type stuff.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so you ARE ricers. got it.

Quick Reply: Who/What are DFWGMELITE?