Who/What are DFWGMELITE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Thats what I was trying to say....
Hello everyone, I would be the owner of the 400+whp cobalt. I would like to say that I have nothing against all of you LS engine guys and have a ton of respect for most of the cars that came with LS series engines. I just wish some of that respect was shared with us smaller engine guys.

A lil info about my car, it is a Turbo swapped LSJ 2.0L. It made 422whp on the dyno at SNL Performance, we added some timing and made 438 on the same style dyno at Running Performance. I know a lot of you have said that 400 isnt anything to brag about but you would also have to know that my engine is completely stock from valve cover to oil pan, and it has 175k miles on it. No head work or aftermarket parts. Im looking to break the LSJ stock power record which I only have a few WHP left to do that.

Im sorry if my girlfriend came off a lil strong in the beginning. She is a bit defensive when people hate on her friends and family.

As stated earlier, we arent a club in essence of dues and meetings and crap. we are a group of friends that get together hang out and help with each others cars. I really wish some of you guys would get involved with us. There is much to be learned from both sides.

We have lots of different types of cars even though we are mostly sport compacts. We do have firebirds, CTS-Vs, cobalts, ions, Grand prixs, grand national, Evo, and a few Mustangs (including a Terminator).

If yall are ever bored on a sunday afternoon and want to come by our meet, Im sure you want be disappointed. We are friendly and love to talk about cars. Besides, who doesnt like Bone Daddys...

l8r,
PD
Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike96z
I think the point is that anyone could build a car with tons of power, but that doesn't mean it would last very many runs.
Unless, or course, it's a force-fed LS stroker that's been built right and runs on e85. Mr. Honda would have to call it a day when 1500hp rolls up past him. LOL

Sorry, I had to say it. I HATE Hondas!!!! LOL

LS1tech, FTMFW!!!! LOL
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JUSTINSWS6
I don know anything about nitrous all i know is its for cars that cant make good power.
You have got to be shitting me.

This thread is bringing all the winners out today.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

I don know anything about nitrous all i know is its for cars that cant make good power.

Originally Posted by BigBronco

This thread is bringing all the winners out today
lol i caught what justin said......

Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
Hello everyone, I would be the owner of the 400+whp cobalt. I would like to say that I have nothing against all of you LS engine guys and have a ton of respect for most of the cars that came with LS series engines. I just wish some of that respect was shared with us smaller engine guys.

A lil info about my car, it is a Turbo swapped LSJ 2.0L. It made 422whp on the dyno at SNL Performance, we added some timing and made 438 on the same style dyno at Running Performance. I know a lot of you have said that 400 isnt anything to brag about but you would also have to know that my engine is completely stock from valve cover to oil pan, and it has 175k miles on it. No head work or aftermarket parts. Im looking to break the LSJ stock power record which I only have a few WHP left to do that.

Im sorry if my girlfriend came off a lil strong in the beginning. She is a bit defensive when people hate on her friends and family.

As stated earlier, we arent a club in essence of dues and meetings and crap. we are a group of friends that get together hang out and help with each others cars. I really wish some of you guys would get involved with us. There is much to be learned from both sides.

We have lots of different types of cars even though we are mostly sport compacts. We do have firebirds, CTS-Vs, cobalts, ions, Grand prixs, grand national, Evo, and a few Mustangs (including a Terminator).

If yall are ever bored on a sunday afternoon and want to come by our meet, Im sure you want be disappointed. We are friendly and love to talk about cars. Besides, who doesnt like Bone Daddys...

l8r,
PD
just cause a mustangs a terminator doesnt mean ****.. its still a mustang lol

as far as your slobalt making 400 fwhp on a bone stock block. big deal its not im pressive considering SRT-4's do it all the time. not to mention your car is still a 12 sec car maybe high 11's at best. you'll never see 10's and still be able to daily drive that car.
so once again 400 fwhp on a stock block is not impressive. mods ban all these trolls
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by BigBronco

This thread is bringing all the winners out today.
All these Gm elite members sound like slow ***** and clueless when it comes to real power.

Ban these trolls
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Waiting for the ban hammer to strike these trolls
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

You guys are being brutal. Looking down at another car fanatic because it isn't a 1,000hp vette? Come on now. Fbody and Corvette owners shouldn't call other cars turds...
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 AM

l8r,
PD
For those of you calling us trolls. I think you missed something very important from his post.

But, can't say we didn't try. Not sure why you have to be so rude. We are just a fellow car enthusiast like you.

Have a great day.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This thread blew up just as fast as it went down the drain.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ very true, pretty soon this will be filled with all 25 of their members rofl.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Brutal..... Welcome to ls1tech bitches!

Nuff said
Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
did no one else catch this?
A camed LS1 can make 600rwhp with a little bit of nitrous?
little bit of nitrous is relative. anything under a 250 shot is little in my books

that's a pretty gay opinion you have there. lol
Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
All these Gm elite members sound like slow ***** and clueless when it comes to real power.

Ban these trolls
they wont be banned. none have broken any rules.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon guys. They really havent done anything so bad as to warrant this type of bashing.... sure a couple of posts could be considered cocky but not near as cocky as some of us are. You have to admit, we have seen faaar worse than this. I say let them stay..... Maybe a little rivalry is a good thing. Ive been on Tech for a minute so I know how things work here. There is no denying that we are one of the most close minded groups out there.... with the exception of the Gen5 forum guys maybe.. lol.

Ash, where is this meet you speak of? Which Bone Daddys? Ive got about 15 buddies, all LS Fbodys and theyre pretty new to the whole "meet" thing. Maybe I can get them to come out. No guarantee they will be as receptive to your crowd but its worth a shot I guess...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TINKRD
little bit of nitrous is relative. anything under a 250 shot is little in my books

that's a pretty gay opinion you have there. lol

Tinkrd, "good" is also relative.... Good power for me would be around 450whp.... Id be happy as a pig in **** if I had that in my DD.... You probably put that down after pulling a few plug wires.... besides... I think Justin is on spray anyways. Maybe hes just being a smart ***.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe hes just being a smart ***.
perhaps. I'm just taking his post for face value. If he wants to debate the perks of N/A vs. nitrous or any other power adder, I'm game.

If he wants to troll... i'm game too.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

l8r,
PD
I understand what you're saying. It'd be the same thing if a bunch of people from Tech, put Ls1tech stickers on their cars and then went to a meet. Bottom line is unless you have some billy-bad *** builds in this "group", it'll be hard fetched to gain support from some of the close minded rednecks on Tech

oh and SRT4>Cobalt
Old 03-28-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Hey TINK... have you gone to the CowTown meet? its downtown Ft worth off I20... Fudruckers... Were going out tonight. Last turnout was around 70 cars... Looking for 100 or so tonight.

http://www.facebook.com/events/207145299392266/
Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey TINK... have you gone to the CowTown meet? its downtown Ft worth off I20... Fudruckers... Were going out tonight. Last turnout was around 70 cars... Looking for 100 or so tonight.
I went about 3 weeks ago with a buddy in his GTR and showed up around 930 and there was all of about 9 cars there. wasn't worth the 40 mile trip.

maybe next week if i'm done tuning my car, if the meet has picked up traffic.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

the one three weeks ago was meet #2 I believe... 3 had about 70 cars, done by 10pm... then we skipped a week to find better location... Maybe if we had more beast cars like yours, more people would come out to see them... I know I would.

Quick Reply: Who/What are DFWGMELITE?