DFW....You guys okay!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
I'm more concerned about SSHAWK since he's the only member I know of our in Forney, and I know they got hit REALLY ******* hard. Got fairly hectic out where I was today, but no tornados where I was. Closest one was 10 miles away.
Thanks for the concern.. I had very little damage done to the house... I had some Wind damage, shingles came off and some hail damage but that’s about it.

The 2 tornados hit about 4 or 5 blocks away from my house in the main city area it did some good damage but nothing like you saw on TV.. The most damage happened on the north side of Forney on 80.. I live on the south side of Forney on 80.

I had a lot of calls coming in asking if my family was ok ..thanks to all the one asking. I couldn't call out or text when all this was going down . After it was all done I got a **** ton of calls all at once lol
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camAro242
I saw the storm devlope during my geography class on the day we were lecturing on tornadoes (pretty ironic) but hope everyone is alright tornadoes are never anything to take lightly
"Class if you will look to your left, you will see this big *** tornado coming."

Yea luckily I was at work in Plano and nothing came very close to us and nothing was close to my house. Everything was fine up until about 2pm, I had just got back from lunch and all of a sudden there were 3 tornados and more coming.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
there wasn't a single dent on my truck except for the tailgate..... now
Dude, I feel ya. Try having *JUST* bought the car, owning it for 30hrs before a storm hits like that!

See my story here from last year:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...shes-home.html
Old 04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

soo umm...anyone recommend any good quality body shops in the area? (Coppell/Lewisville/Carrollton)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

I just moved out of the Addison area in February to Shreveport, We got the tail end here but it was not near as bad. We just got some small hail, lots of rain and wind.

Glad everyone is ok!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

soo umm...anyone recommend any good quality body shops in the area? (Coppell/Lewisville/Carrollton)
Im sure for any shop it will be quite a wait. I seen a guy driving to work this morning with no windows at all.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

some nasty weather
Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM
^^^^x1 Registered User

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Thanks for the concern.. I had very little damage done to the house... I had some Wind damage, shingles came off and some hail damage but that’s about it.

The 2 tornados hit about 4 or 5 blocks away from my house in the main city area it did some good damage but nothing like you saw on TV.. The most damage happened on the north side of Forney on 80.. I live on the south side of Forney on 80.

I had a lot of calls coming in asking if my family was ok ..thanks to all the one asking. I couldn't call out or text when all this was going down . After it was all done I got a **** ton of calls all at once lol
Good to know you and your family are ok buddy.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to say it, but I can see them trying to total that with the amount of damage you have. Unless you know a good PDR guy, that is plenty of work and your truck will prob weigh 200 lbs more from all of the filler. Could be a good chance to get a different hood though.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FireTA98
That sucks dude any pics?
I'll get some up tonight.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
I hate to say it, but I can see them trying to total that with the amount of damage you have. Unless you know a good PDR guy, that is plenty of work and your truck will prob weigh 200 lbs more from all of the filler. Could be a good chance to get a different hood though.
yeah, that's what I'm thinking might happen,since the hood and fenders would prolly be replaced to save time and labor, and all the people I know and are friends with at body shops are 5hrs away... we shall see though.. if it totals I might just buy it back, replaced the hood with one from a salvage yard, and not have a truck payment...

Last edited by GreatWhiteZ28; 04-04-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

The tornado in kennedale touched down about 1/8 mile from my and my parents house ( we live on the same block) no damage to us though
Old 04-05-2012, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue85350
The tornado in kennedale touched down about 1/8 mile from my and my parents house ( we live on the same block) no damage to us though
yup, I was just in Kennedale today to stop by Performance Torque Converters to drop off a converter to be cleaned. Asked my buddy who works there JD if he possibly saw the tornado, he whips out his phone and shows me all of the pictures he took, they watched the tornado form about 200 yards from the shop and start going, I have a couple of the pictures. ******* crazy, the areas I was in were definitely a mess, but nothing like Lancaster.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it totals I might just buy it back, replaced the hood with one from a salvage yard, and not have a truck payment...
Thats exactly what I would do.

If you end up parting it, I might be intersted in some parts.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Procare Collision in Lewisville is good. Kevin is a friend of mine from high school and does good work.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Default thats right

i will be using Kevin to paint my '94. not from storm damage though.

Quick Reply: DFW....You guys okay!?!?