Greg Williams audio tape, disturbing is an understatement, YouTube video

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Greg Williams audio tape, disturbing is an understatement, YouTube video

I cringed when he told his players to destroy Crabtree's ACL. This piece of **** will be banned from the league. If it can be confirmed that Sean Payton was in the locker room during this Hitler like speech, he might be banned from the league too. If this is new information to Goodell, he is going to lay down the law even more and he should. I feel so sorry for the Saints fans. This scandal just exploded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnn9kbqQUA

Last edited by texas94z; 04-05-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone really surprised by this? I remember playing football in middle school (90-91) and coaches getting pissed off when linebackers decided to NOT dole out the big blindsided hit.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Launching!

For anyone who has ever played football this shouldn't surprise or shock you as much as people are making it out too. I can't honestly say i've ever had a coach tell me or our team details about what to go after like Williams did in his speach but the language he uses isn't that far off from what i've heard many times.

What I do have a HUGE issue with is the whole bonus money for hurting a guy... that has no place in any sport.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Lol the saints…… it's one thing to deliver big hits but to target previous injuries or try and take someone completely out of the sport is fucked up. I bet Brett is still in the fetal position.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Who needs to play football anymore when this is all over the players that got taken out will own the NFL.. Or the Saints.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I doubt this all is only related to the Saints, I can guarantee every team out there at one point has targeted players and told their defense to go after them. That is what they do.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Teching In

sounds like any Texas coach's pre game or half time 'pep talk' i've ever heard.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

This type of thing has been going on forever. The only reason this is a big deal now is because the NFL is being sued by former players.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Of all the things in this world to be outraged over. this is just about bottom of the list for me.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is why Football is a joke... classless athletes. Hockey > Football. Hockey coaches will tell you to finish your hits and hit hard but will never tell you to purposely injure a player. Hell even if you tried to, youd have to deal with that teams enforcer in a fist fight.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Frank Gore needs to go pay him a little visit.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

So there has never been a dirty, classless hit in hockey? And you don't think a coach, or another player has never called for a dirty shot or bounty? You're living in fantasy land. the sport isn't the problem, its the people.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
the sport isn't the problem, its the people.
That's why this guy is suspended.

There's nothing wrong with going 100% and putting a hard *** hit on someone, but this guy is telling his players to target ACLs and to "target the head".

The whole breathing on the QB penalties are gay, but this type of **** doesn't belong in the NFL.

If these old-school coaches and thug *** players can't understand these rules are there to keep them safe (and extend their playing career $$$$), they need to GTFO.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Its the same old ****, we ALL love to watch it happen on the big screen, the big hits, the awesome tackles and saks but when we talk about it, it has to be politically correct, the NFL will become the NATIONAL FLAG LEAGUE very shortly, between this bullshit and the oversaturation of the market w/football on tv sunday, monday and thursday the nfl is running it into the ground.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
This is why Football is a joke... classless athletes. Hockey > Football. Hockey coaches will tell you to finish your hits and hit hard but will never tell you to purposely injure a player. Hell even if you tried to, youd have to deal with that teams enforcer in a fist fight.
Lmao!!! Fock hockey...

Originally Posted by -Ross-

There's nothing wrong with going 100% and putting a hard *** hit on someone, but this guy is telling his players to target ACLs and to "target the head".

The whole breathing on the QB penalties are gay, but this type of **** doesn't belong in the NFL.

If these old-school coaches and thug *** players can't understand these rules are there to keep them safe (and extend their playing career $$$$), they need to GTFO.
+1

Nothing wrong with putting a big *** hit on someone and if they get hurt... Well that is football!!

I was shocked by Williams choice of words.. Intentionally promoting ur players to hurt opposing top players is not ******* healthy for this league. Everybody wants to win and works hard to be the best but don't Fk up someone's professional career to accomplish ur main goal.

I believe his *** should be banned permanently from the league!!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -Ross-

Well said, sir.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Its the same old ****, we ALL love to watch it happen on the big screen, the big hits, the awesome tackles and saks but when we talk about it, it has to be politically correct, the NFL will become the NATIONAL FLAG LEAGUE very shortly, between this bullshit and the oversaturation of the market w/football on tv sunday, monday and thursday the nfl is running it into the ground.
Even the UFC doesn't tolerate that ****. Dana White, whom isnt exactly a respectable man, would even throw fighters out if his league for that kind of behavior. The NFL needs to show that it will not tolerate this ghetto high-school bullshit, or it will truly be a convict's sport.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

football is slowly turning into nascar as the years go by. But, I do agree it's BS to deliberately try to hurt someone. Knock the hell out of them it's football but to do so with the intent of inflicting an injury on someone has no place in any sport.