Relocating to Midland/Odessa for job, have some question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating to Midland/Odessa for job, have some question

I've been offered a job opportunity within the company to relocate for a minimum of 2 years with a much better salary. I was told to look into the area and if I'm still interested Monday they will fly me out sometime soon for a couple days to check it out more and see if i like it.

So, I can't seem to find ANY houses for rent out there! I much prefer a house mainly for the garage and I also have a 3yr old boxer which I know are a restricted breed at many apartments.

I would consider an apartment with a garage that would accept my dog but that's probably a long shot. Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Maybe some tips on places to avoid as well lol
Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

I lived there for work for a year. Coming from Houston I hated it and left as soon as possible. I'm guessing you're in the oil industry. I'd stay clear of Odessa, it's pretty ghetto. Midland is much better but finding a place is hard. I'd start looking early and be prepared to pay a lot for anything you find. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Teching In

I live in Midland and let me tell you its damn near impossible to find a plcae to rent they even had it on the news a couple of weeks back that there is only about 185 houses for sell in the Midland,Odessa Area if you want more information about the place i can tell you everything you need to know i have lived here all my life. THIS PLACE IS OVERPOPULATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoot me a pm if you have any ?s hell if you do come let me know I will show you around a bit or give ya ride somewhere if you need one.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Houston is ghetto to. Odessa is blue collar and Midland is a little nicer. If unless you like the desert. Its rough out there. ITS all about oil out there. Odessa has the fun spots. Not as good as it used to be. Go to a realtor about a house. They have lots of rental property. The north side of odessa is nicer. The south side is not. Yes there may be better places to go but its really not bad there.. just hard to find housing .
Old 04-14-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for the reply guys, I work for Whataburger no oil industry stuff. They said its hard to find housing and that they would put me up in a hotel until I did get into a place of my own. Does anyone happen to know any realtors that deal a little more with rentals?